PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin / South Otago KB meetup at chateau de scumdog

thehollowmen
18th September 2005, 22:43
Pics from the good fun on Sat.

Many thanks to Mrs and Mr Scumdog for kindly hosting and Viagro for organising.

The rain and wind didn't put a dampner on the spirits and we all had a load of fun. We had a BBQ in the shed and ate while watching drag racing on TV. More power to the engines!

Even managed to get yourself in the third photo..

Been too long since I had a BBQ.

Waylander
18th September 2005, 23:35
So who's who? I have a feeling the one with the chops and 'stache is Scumdog...

Virago
18th September 2005, 23:42
So who's who? I have a feeling the one with the chops and 'stache is Scumdog...
Okay from left to right:
Jantar, Campbellluke, Scumdog's brother (my mind's gone blank on his name sorry), Scumdog himself, Phaedrus, and Virago. The Hollowman managed to catch himself in the mirror.

Waylander
18th September 2005, 23:45
Okay from left to right:
Jantar, Campbellluke, Scumdog's brother (my mind's gone blank on his name sorry), Scumdog himself, Phaedrus, and Virago. The Hollowman managed to catch himself in the mirror.
Hehe so I was right. Looks like y'all havin fun. Great shots Hollowman.
Just a thought... Cambellluke kinda looks like that one guy off the first gone in sixty seconds, you know the one that is the uber car genious? And you Virago mate kinda have a Christian Bale of Reign of Fire thing going lol.

James Deuce
18th September 2005, 23:49
Jeepers Creepers! I haven't seen a more disreputable bunch of pseudo revolutionary, disaffected reprobates in one place, well, ever!

I have to have a lie down. I'm fairly certain I can see Lenin's ghost hovering in the background.

Virago
19th September 2005, 00:08
.....Don't go away chaps, stay around for our descriptions of you! :rofl:

James Deuce
19th September 2005, 00:10
He's in the mirror above YOUR head, have a look!!

Kickaha
19th September 2005, 07:04
Many thanks to Mrs and Mr Scumdog for kindly hosting and Viagro for organising.

The rain and wind didn't put a dampner on the spirits and we all had a load of fun. We had a BBQ in the shed and ate while watching drag racing on TV. More power to the engines!

You got electric power and TV's that far South? I thought you'd be sitting round playing your Banjos :lol:

thehollowmen
19th September 2005, 07:53
You got electric power and TV's that far South? I thought you'd be sitting round playing your Banjos :lol:

Them's fighting words.

scumdog
19th September 2005, 08:14

That's a cheap shot coming from a guy that's had a coffee here - made with that new-fangled 'lectricity stuff!!

The un-named hairy git looking like Lenin is Mongoose - lazy git never used his scoot but hovered around for the food, good company and scintilating wit....

Despite the weather in the pics the ride was mainly dry and any ride is a good ride anyway.

scumdog
19th September 2005, 15:50
Just discovered the catalogue that you left here Virago, safe and sound, I'll get it back to you..

Also thanks to all who brought nibbles and stuff for the BBQ, made it easier to feed y'all.

campbellluke
19th September 2005, 17:01
Hehe so I was right. Looks like y'all havin fun. Great shots Hollowman.
Just a thought... Cambellluke kinda looks like that one guy off the first gone in sixty seconds, you know the one that is the uber car genious?

My Mum thinks that I'm handsome.

Paul in NZ
19th September 2005, 17:08
My Mum thinks that I'm handsome.

Erm wel.... Um.... Nah! Leave it alone... Too easy.. ;-) :cool:

Paul in NZ
19th September 2005, 17:09
The un-named hairy git looking like Lenin is Mongoose - lazy git never used his scoot but hovered around for the food, good company and scintilating wit.....

PLEASE tell me Mongoose is NOT really your brother.... I KNOW him!

Is he coming to the Guzzi rally?

scumdog
19th September 2005, 17:54
PLEASE tell me Mongoose is NOT really your brother.... I KNOW him!

Is he coming to the Guzzi rally?

Sheee-it!! It took you THAT long to figure it out!! :bleh:
Yeah, he's my bro and had already 'filled me in' about you!! (dodgy bugger is the words he used - I think!) :wait:

I had to shave most of me face-hair off so's we could be told apart. (He's 4 years younger)

I dunno if he will get to the Guzzi rally, his scoot needs a major make-over and he's moving to Motueka over the next few weeks.

Virago
19th September 2005, 18:27
Just discovered the catalogue that you left here Virago, safe and sound, I'll get it back to you......
No rush, I'll get it at some stage.

I'm having next week off, leaving the business in the capable hands of Mrs V, and I'm heading for Central Otago on Monday for some long overdue R & R (with both bike and cage - I like to choose my ride!). I might even detour through your patch for a cuppa - I'll give you a call. :niceone:

A week in the caravan on my own - bliss! BUT - how will I survive a week without KB??? :wacko:

(Sorry - thread hijack)

Hitcher
19th September 2005, 19:03
Looks like ZZ Top's roadies. What a bunch of handsome men.

scumdog
19th September 2005, 19:06
Looks like ZZ Top's roadies. What a bunch of handsome men.

Why thank you sair, what bigger complement does a man need?

marty
19th September 2005, 19:28
she's a rag tag bunch 'o bikes ya got outside yer manger there SD. not to mention the blokes in it! where's all the wenches?

scumdog
19th September 2005, 20:13
she's a rag tag bunch 'o bikes ya got outside yer manger there SD. not to mention the blokes in it! where's all the wenches?

Look at the piccy in my lounge , if ya look carefully at the extreme left side you can see Chrissy Bimbos arm and (pink) watch-strap.
Don't worry, we had wenches there matey! :niceone:

(Well those that weren't single had them.)

Kickaha
19th September 2005, 20:24
That's a cheap shot coming from a guy that's had a coffee here - made with that new-fangled 'lectricity stuff!!

I didn't realise you were that advanced down there, I thought you'd done heated it on the coal range :moon:

scumdog
19th September 2005, 20:29
I didn't realise you were that advanced down there, I thought you'd done heated it on the coal range :moon:

You dumb-arse, we aint had a coal range in this house since...since....since... well before I bought the house.

Bring a thermos next time cheese-dick!!! :bleh: :laugh: :killingme

Hitcher
19th September 2005, 20:54
Look at the piccy in my lounge , if ya look carefully at the extreme left side you can see Chrissy Bimbos arm and (pink) watch-strap.
Don't worry, we had wenches there matey!

(Well those that weren't single had them.)
I just hope that the reason the womenfolk were left out of the official photo wasn't because they had weird facial hair as well...

scumdog
19th September 2005, 21:23
I just hope that the reason the womenfolk were left out of the official photo wasn't because they had weird facial hair as well...

Duh! NO, they weren't in the pictures 'cos they were in the kitchen - where they belonged, Yee-haa!!!

Any other pedantic grammaticians wish to comment on Southern lifestyle??

manuboy
19th September 2005, 21:48
Duh! NO, they weren't in the pictures 'cos they were in the kitchen - where they belonged, Yee-haa!!!

Any other pedantic grammaticians wish to comment on Southern lifestyle??

Yep. It looks all good to me man.

Something weirdly nostalgic about that shot of the "main". Beats "the Strip" here, or the Octagon in dunny, or jesus i dunno, Ward Lane? in Hamiltron, or Cuba / Queen st... lol

scumdog
19th September 2005, 22:03
Yep. It looks all good to me man.

Something weirdly nostalgic about that shot of the "main". Beats "the Strip" here, or the Octagon in dunny, or jesus i dunno, Ward Lane? in Hamiltron, or Cuba / Queen st... lol

The 'main' was in Lawrence, old gold mining town en route to Central Otago via the BEST (bar none) section of twisty road through the Manuka Gorge.
The Lemon Tree in Lawrence is run by a couple of Krauts and turns on a great spread at a modest price.
In my town the 'main' has proper marked parking spaces!!

Jantar
20th September 2005, 14:12
I left SDs at 5:30 pm so as to get to Roxburgh before the fuel station shut for the night. I was lucky enough to have dry weather all the way from Balclutha to Clydevale, then Rain, rain and more rain for the rest of the trip home.

The petrol station in Roxburgh was just closing up shop as I pulled in at 6:55 pm, but as the guy hadn't yet locked up all the pumps I was lucky enough to still get served. There wasn't enough fuel in the tank to get back to Alex otherwise.

I enjoyed the ride, and it was good to get out on the old RE5 again even if it isn't running as well as it should be. Also great to meet a few more KBers.