PDA

View Full Version : Bike lift

awa355
20th February 2015, 15:11
I had a look back through a year of reviews but couldn't find anything about bike lifts.
There isn't really anything to review but thought I would share my impressions of this bike lift. This is nothing new but its my first bike lift.
With the cruiser not having a centre stand (but has mounts on the chassis for one) I decided to splash out way more money than I should've and get a quick and simple means of lifting the back wheel off the deck for when doing maintanance.

For my previous cruiser I had made one of those homemade lifts out of 2 8x2's and a pipe handle. It was never that good. This bike needs a block between the lift rails and the frame otherwise the lift stats lifting on the exhaust at the rear.

The chassis rails on the XV250 are fairly narrow, I certainly wont be going near the bike without some form of additional bracing from the handle bars to the garage wall. The rear jacking point is the centre stand mounts. If any further forward, the front only lifts. I have made a jig with different thickness blocks to get an even lift.
The lift is quite heavy but seems well made. It should make rear wheel/chain maintanance a lot easier than shagging around with blocks of wood under each side.

Akzle
20th February 2015, 15:15
rope, nigga.

awa355
20th February 2015, 16:02
rope, nigga.

Us niggas' got an aversion to rope hanging from the rafters, :bash::bash:

unstuck
20th February 2015, 16:06
Looks ok to me for a homer.:Punk::Punk:

pete-blen
22nd February 2015, 11:50
I have been use one of those for a few years..work well..
I have bolted a peice of 17mm ply to mine with a rubber conveyor belt glued to it
to stop the bike sliding on it... both my bikes have flat alloy skid plates
that slide on wood or steel..

They are good things..

Flip
26th February 2015, 10:36
I also have one.

It lifts the 360kg Harley just fine.

insomnia01
10th March 2015, 12:29
Hi Arthur, how much & where from? sadly the ZX doesn't come with a centre stand like the Blackbird :facepalm: I do have a rear paddock stand but it don't fit the ZX either:weep:

awa355
10th March 2015, 18:18
Hi Arthur, how much & where from? sadly the ZX doesn't come with a centre stand like the Blackbird :facepalm: I do have a rear paddock stand but it don't fit the ZX either:weep:

If you are local, pm me and arrange to call in to see if the lift will suit your bike before buying. I got it from Forlongs, the dearest place in town. They still have one in stock.

insomnia01
11th March 2015, 14:39
If you are local, pm me and arrange to call in to see if the lift will suit your bike before buying. I got it from Forlongs, the dearest place in town. They still have one in stock.

I'm in Kihikihi but wont be able to ride bike for a while as new tyres are required after touring around the south island & getting X3 punctures on the way home :mad: I'll be in touch though but could you tell me what it was worth please? :innocent: