PDA

View Full Version : Site software upgrade to vB4.2.2

SpankMe
21st February 2015, 14:15
I have upgraded the site software to latest vB4 version. Many of the mods and the dark style will be upgraded and turned back on over the next few days.

If anything that is available, and is not working as it should, please let me know.

attachment testy

mstriumph
21st February 2015, 14:25
thanks for the headsup ... appreciated
for a minute there I thought my computer had gone mad.

Mental Trousers
21st February 2015, 15:03
I was going to push the first post to the news page, but then Spank added some attachments to it ..... :facepalm:

Maha
21st February 2015, 15:46
Many of the mods and the dark style will be upgraded and turned back on over the next few days.

Thank fuck for that, this anaemic look is a bit of a bother. :baby:

unstuck
21st February 2015, 15:50
Thank you, I thought it was the drugs and have been having a wee panic.:sweatdrop:sweatdrop

ellipsis
21st February 2015, 15:57
Thank you, I thought it was the drugs and have been having a wee panic.:sweatdrop:sweatdrop

...it was...i'd stay alert for a bit ...

rustyrobot
21st February 2015, 16:09
Strange thing is that all appears normal on my (android) tablet - but on the PC it's anaemic as Maha said. Missing the KBSpy.

Mental Trousers
21st February 2015, 16:25
I have upgraded the site software to latest vB4 version. Many of the mods and the dark style will be upgraded and turned back on over the next few days.

If anything that is available, and is not working as it should, please let me know.

attachment testy

Edit a post, click Save, never returns.

SpankMe
21st February 2015, 16:36
Edit a post, click Save, never returns.

Looks like the bike trader mod needs looking at. I have disabled it for now.

skippa1
21st February 2015, 16:55
Whats new takes you to the activity stream now

husaberg
21st February 2015, 17:31
It might pay to sticky this thread in all forums......
I had a brief look and couldn't find it........

husaberg
21st February 2015, 17:32
Whats new takes you to the activity stream now

Yeah but the other options are still there below it.

Like the changes to the user page with own posting activity and friends activity etc.....:love:

rep comments now go pop up notification too

Virago
21st February 2015, 19:39
It might pay to sticky this thread in all forums......
I had a brief look and couldn't find it........

First new thread in Site Stuff. Yes, I can see how you struggled to find it...:innocent:

husaberg
21st February 2015, 19:42
First new thread in Site Stuff. Yes, I can see how you struggled to find it...:innocent:

How? no idea? maybe it wasn't stickied then? or maybe I have a short atent..........:shifty:

Forum stats are gone...I hope they return.... I love stats.

when I look at someone else page it still shows my activity log........

PrincessBandit
22nd February 2015, 13:27
.......... Many of the mods and the dark style will be upgraded and turned back on over the next few days..

Egad!! Thanks goodness for the notification that dark style will return - all this whiteness is just tooooooooo muuuuuuuch!

husaberg
22nd February 2015, 13:35
Egad!! Thanks goodness for the notification that dark style will return - all this whiteness is just tooooooooo muuuuuuuch!

That's odd I never imagined you with anything else than white.

oh well still works (sorry in advance)

AllanB
22nd February 2015, 13:56
Whats new is weird ........

husaberg
22nd February 2015, 14:48
Quote notification does not seem to be working at the moment...........

rustyrobot
22nd February 2015, 15:01

What he said

dangerous
22nd February 2015, 15:30
ummmm.. ok some one tell me how to return to the dark side please :facepalm:

dangerous
22nd February 2015, 15:45
ummmm.. ok some one tell me how to return to the dark side please :facepalm:

ok smart arse... thanks for that, ya know me well and no its just easier to do it for me than tell me how LOL :scooter:

husaberg
22nd February 2015, 16:03
Almost sad (not really)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

Black is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0192/4748/products/Hoola_Black_1_Close_large.png?v=1371385510https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/72/d0/43/72d043eb5ae8f808b8d7672f968b6985.jpg

Maha
22nd February 2015, 16:26

Like this ya'll mean?

husaberg
22nd February 2015, 16:41
Like this ya'll mean?
Works now but it wasn't for a fair few hours previously

ok smart arse... thanks for that, ya know me well and no its just easier to do it for me than tell me how LOL :scooter:
Settings up the top right of this page
Then general settings on the side.
then forth from the bottom of the page forum skin the dark zone.........

dangerous
22nd February 2015, 17:48

WOT :mellow:

unstuck
22nd February 2015, 17:50

He said he is playing with his forum skin.:shit:

SpankMe
Works now but it wasn't for a fair few hours previously

Or just the bottom left of every page.

Murray

attachment testy

Wheres the testing in the L.O.A. forum??????

dangerous
22nd February 2015, 17:54
He said he is playing with his forum skin.:shit:HUH... aye, not with mine?

Or just the bottom left of every page. I knew that

husaberg
22nd February 2015, 18:08

Here is a picture
click on it then again, then again.

dangerous
22nd February 2015, 19:22
Here is a picture
click on it then again, then again.
holie smoke... how the hell did ya do that, photoed ya own puter and drew on it,thats awesome man, what next a puter with out a key board and mouse... pffft what ever ;)

husaberg
22nd February 2015, 19:32
holie smoke... how the hell did ya do that, photoed ya own puter and drew on it,thats awesome man, what next a puter with out a key board and mouse... pffft what ever ;)

The button just to the right of f12(called print screen) takes a snapshot of your screen...... (printscreen)or just what you have open (if you press ctrl, alt and printscreen at the same time.)
Paste into a word or publisher document.... right click or ctrl v.
Yes my computer is a touch screen too, but I prefer the mouse and keyboard.

ps I also know what you did with the other pic.....I will be posting it on the net later (under nsfw)

Virago
22nd February 2015, 20:05
Have a look at your rep page, and scroll down - there's a new bit.

husaberg
22nd February 2015, 20:11
Have a look at your rep page, and scroll down - there's a new bit.

That's pretty cool. Seams to have way prev reps as well as the reps given.
Has your rep power as well.
Still miss the forum stats though.

ellipsis
22nd February 2015, 20:26
...maybe my computer is old and slow, but apart from a couple of things I haven't noticed yet, I have dark, light and all the shit that I never knew how or why they were there before...no probs...

dangerous
23rd February 2015, 05:29
...maybe my computer is old and slow, but apart from a couple of things I haven't noticed yet, I have dark, light and all the shit that I never knew how or why they were there before...no probs...

ya farking silly old blood nut... did ya find ya zimmer back in the bike park yesterday and that lovely nurse magie get you to the home by cupa tea time? :love:

ellipsis
23rd February 2015, 07:27
ya farking silly old blood nut... did ya find ya zimmer back in the bike park yesterday and that lovely nurse magie get you to the home by cupa tea time? :love:

...yes D...it was where I left it...did you find your eldest... had he just taken a short break from looking after you?...

husaberg
23rd February 2015, 15:07
Pointless drivel not as pink as it once was.

Sad :bye: all the pink bits are gone.

AllanB
23rd February 2015, 17:15
How do you set the WHATS NEW listing to the same as previous - this new stuff is Shit, I don't like it sir. I want the thread titles again -not each reply listed. Shit imagine if it was a 'battery' thread ......

dangerous
23rd February 2015, 17:20
...yes D...it was where I left it...did you find your eldest... had he just taken a short break from looking after you?...

SHIT... I was ment to look for him before I left... ahhh well

...hey what you mean looking after me, the younger was, he didnt want to leave the britten tent

husaberg
23rd February 2015, 18:52
How do you set the WHATS NEW listing to the same as previous - this new stuff is Shit, I don't like it sir. I want the thread titles again -not each reply listed. Shit imagine if it was a 'battery' thread ......

Just under whats new (after its pushed)it second from left is the options NEW POSTS this is what you are looking for.
Don't no why it defaults to the other option now.

I also see that adding attachments still has the white background and its hard to read the text in the upload box for some reason
Grey on black or suchlike...........

Gremlin
23rd February 2015, 21:59
Yep, New Posts is now the 2nd option... going to take a little time to get used to.

Pink Hell better come back quick smart or a whole bunch might like hanging out there (more than they do already) :laugh:

cs363
24th February 2015, 05:56
There's something weird going on when you click 'preview post', everything piles up on each other - even worse in a picture thread (this is in Chrome):

+

Akzle
24th February 2015, 18:25
and the favicons have defaulted to v bulletin's, not KB.

first world problems eh.

husaberg
24th February 2015, 19:08
Adding attachments has returned to normal.........

FJRider
24th February 2015, 19:14
... Shit imagine if it was a 'battery' thread ......

Or .... a Waving thread ... :lol:

cs363
24th February 2015, 19:15
There's something weird going on when you click 'preview post', everything piles up on each other - even worse in a picture thread (this is in Chrome):

This seems to be fixed now, good work!

cs363
24th February 2015, 19:18
Shit imagine if it was a 'battery' thread ......

Did somebody say battery??!

http://blogs.c.yimg.jp/res/blog-03-bb/firstpowerracing/folder/215576/67/12329867/img_0?1326672377

FJRider
24th February 2015, 19:25
Did somebody say battery??!

It's a good thing they were wearing T-shirts ... otherwise we could not be sure WHAT they were selling ... ;)

Moi
26th February 2015, 18:29
Yep, New Posts is now the 2nd option... going to take a little time to get used to...

OK, so if I want to have the old style "New Posts" what do I do? - using a MacBook with Firefox...

Thanks

Gremlin
26th February 2015, 19:05
OK, so if I want to have the old style "New Posts" what do I do? - using a MacBook with Firefox...

Thanks
Can't speak to Macbook, but the New Posts option remains exactly as before. However, I have noted it's either the first or second option along the 2nd row of tabs, depending on which page you're currently on.

husaberg
26th February 2015, 19:10
Still no forum stats..............just saying:rolleyes:

Moi
26th February 2015, 20:19
Can't speak to Macbook, but the New Posts option remains exactly as before. However, I have noted it's either the first or second option along the 2nd row of tabs, depending on which page you're currently on.

Had a wee look about and found a way round that most annoying list... thanks.

unstuck
27th February 2015, 05:46
Still no forum stats..............just saying:rolleyes:

Fuckin stalker.:rolleyes: Is there not one of your family members somewhere that needs "loving" ? :shifty:

husaberg
27th February 2015, 09:09
Fuckin stalker.:rolleyes: Is there not one of your family members somewhere that needs "loving" ? :shifty:

Thats not a very nice way to talk to your brouncle.

unstuck
27th February 2015, 13:07
Thats not a very nice way to talk to your brouncle.

Should here the way I talk to the rest of my family.:msn-wink:

PrincessBandit
31st March 2015, 15:52
Pointless drivel not as pink as it once was.

Pink Hell better come back quick smart or a whole bunch might like hanging out there (more than they do already) :laugh:

Wh-wh-wh-whyyyyyyyyy!!!! Where has the pink fairy gone??? :crybaby: I liked the pink section. Bring back pink Bring back pink Bring back pink Bring back pink Brink back pink Brink back pink Brink back pink Brink back pink Brink back pink Brink back pink Brink back pink Brink back pink

PINK!!!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease bring it back. 310335

husaberg
31st March 2015, 16:40
I too like pink bits .............:msn-wink:

cs363
31st March 2015, 17:53
I too like pink bits .............:msn-wink:

I'll second that.

It's true, he does.

Murray
31st March 2015, 19:00
Why, when we are at it, does anyone who is on ignore has their post shown when quoted?? I would rather not see what some people have to say altogether

Akzle
31st March 2015, 19:11
i cant help being the most popular/quoted/referenced/good looking/ intelligent member of this site.

Murray
31st March 2015, 19:13
i cant help being the most popular/quoted/referenced/good looking/ intelligent member of this site.

Yes/No are you South African

Akzle
31st March 2015, 19:24
Yes/No are you South African

i dont understand the question.
(boundaries and the minds of small men)

As far as i can work out, i WAS born on earth. (shock horror to some)

Murray
31st March 2015, 19:34

I thought you were living proof of Roswell. Let me rephrase or ask another question. Have you ever held a South African passport??

Do you understand that one Mr Aryan

Akzle
31st March 2015, 19:41
I thought you were living proof of Roswell. Let me rephrase or ask another question. Have you ever held a South African passport??

Do you understand that one Mr Aryan

hahaha. Yes. I actually have one! But not in any name maha has.
Also have a pinky and an enzud. Names, names.
I dont own any of them, btw.
Nor is it my photo in em. I just.. Have em.

And no, not born in nor been to the continent of africa, afaik.
Not that it should matter. Racist prick.

Murray
31st March 2015, 19:46

So why the word braai?? Racist prick thats as cool as a bucket of diarrhea for you to say

Akzle
31st March 2015, 19:52
So why the word braai?? Racist prick thats as cool as a bucket of diarrhea for you to say

because i cook phat boeri over fire...
Chuck anuva shreemp on tha baaaarbie maaaate!

So, why the word 'bucket'??

Murray
31st March 2015, 19:57

I meant bouquet

husaberg
31st March 2015, 20:39
Why, when we are at it, does anyone who is on ignore has their post shown when quoted?? I would rather not see what some people have to say altogether

Pardon? lol

husaberg
31st March 2015, 20:52

because i cook phat boeri over fire...
Chuck anuva shreemp on tha baaaarbie maaaate!

3.4 - The Malicious troll

"Malicious" trolls tended towards strong destructive actions such as spamming and excessive profanity. They showed no tendencies towards any of the Meyers-Briggs known types, instead only indicating significant personality defect PTypes such as histrionics and compensatory narcissism. Other issues were raised with such surprising regularity that one must conclude that virtually all Malicious trolls have both erectile dysfunction and suffer frequent enuresis The average IQ of this group was 83.

Another thing unique to this group was a concentration of ages not apparent in the others. The youngest of these was 12, the oldest 16, and the average being 15.27 years of age. As is to be expected of this age group, they continued to show a markedly absent sense of maturity and a significantly diminished grasp of rudimentary social skills.

The author also had the opportunity to interview a former Malicious, who chose to go by the moniker "Vlad" in our ICQ discussions. Vlad had stopped trolling some 10 years ago, yet according to the MMPI-2, all of the previously mentioned personality disorders were still present, and IQ had actually decreased.

5.3 - sH4ggy d0g

sH4ggy d0g is a classic case of a Malicious troll. At the time of these comments he was 14 years old.

"p30p73 f34r m3 c4u53 0f my 733t ski11z"

"dude i once did an ascii art of like this big tit and cross-postd it to fuckin 80 groups for a week! it totally rocked!!!"

"fuck you and your interview bullshit!"

"im not taking a fuckin mental retard test!!!"

"fuck you bitch! end of mutha fuckin interview!"
http://vadeker.net/articles/cyberculture/A_Psycho-Sociological_Discourse_on_Internet_Trolls.htm

For someone who claims to not care about rep you sure seem to bring it up a lot. Even if you have delusional interpretation of how it works.
Last time i looked the only thing that you are wining at is being the top ignored.

Virago
31st March 2015, 21:20

Then don't read it.

I've never understood the dependence on the ignore list function. If you don't want to read someone's posts, just ignore them. Why does someone else need to ignore them on your behalf?

Reckless
31st March 2015, 21:32
Last time i looked the only thing that you are wining at is being the top ignored.

Where is the ignore list I can never find the bloody thing?

husaberg
31st March 2015, 21:37

It disappeared after the upgrade.
I think Spanky is working on some issues.
it should be under site stuff. When it gets sorted that is.
I think there were some malware issues

Rep list is here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=reputation&pp=30

how to ignore someone.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/31800-Buddy-and-ignore-lists
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=282446&d=1367124142

Note also The ax is always on the last 30 visitors to my page list.

rustyrobot
31st March 2015, 21:41

The stats are gone since the upgrade, but you can find your own ignore list on the 'settings' page.

Maha
1st April 2015, 14:40
I can upload a photo into a thread but can't upload the same photo as my profile pic?

Reckless
1st April 2015, 14:49
It disappeared after the upgrade.
I think Spanky is working on some issues.
it should be under site stuff. When it gets sorted that is.
I think there were some malware issues

Rep list is here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=reputation&pp=30

how to ignore someone.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/31800-Buddy-and-ignore-lists
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=282446&d=1367124142

Note also The ax is always on the last 30 visitors to my page list.

The stats are gone since the upgrade, but you can find your own ignore list on the 'settings' page.

Oh I Put Cassina on ignore easy enough (first person ever??) thanks guys. Tt just sparked my interest as to who was highest in the list in the stats LOL

rustyrobot
1st April 2015, 14:57
Tt just sparked my interest as to who was highest in the list in the stats LOL

It's been a battle between long standing champion from down south Katman and quickly rising northern 'newcomer' Akzle for some time now. Just before we lost the stats Akzle had claimed the title as Supreme Annoyance Most Ignored.

Gremlin
1st April 2015, 15:12
I can upload a photo into a thread but can't upload the same photo as my profile pic?
There are different restrictions for uploading a photo to a thread, or setting it as your profile pic.

Profile pic restrictions:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 800 by 600 pixels or 1.00 MB (whichever is smaller).

Reckless
1st April 2015, 15:15

Mate wrong site! KB just wont handle your Hi Res porn :blink:

Big Dog
1st April 2015, 15:48

Have you put yourself on your ignore list? Lol.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Juniper
1st April 2015, 17:05
Hey I've just started getting this banner along the side of my KB screen. It keeps coming up with some scam survey link and this website: http://www.discover-results.com/#/?q=Motorcycle%20Helmets&affid=tt&site=-1&guid=9e2fd308-d3c8-4b49-aa51-68d85058f93a&ip=202.27.76.2&nsadurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftb.blueresult.com%2Fdsatservi ng2%2Fservlet%2Fclickforward%3Ftlid%3D22511%26iid% 3Dimpccd15f2ba14b7185%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fw ww.kiwibiker.co.nz%252Fforums%252Fnewreply.php%253 Fp%253D1130847152%2526noquote%253D1%26cvis%3DMotor cycle%2BHelmets%26chash%3D-6219943168353120831%26rmode%3D42%26chimg%3D1%26vid %3Dusr6d46d92dc2650adf%26evid%3Dseh9e2fd308d3c84b4 9aa5168d8505%26qtype%3Dc%26geo%3DNZ-E7-0-Auckland-%26impt%3D16%26plid%3D49%26ip%3D202.27.76.2%26ua%3 DMozilla%252F5.0%2B%2528Windows%2BNT%2B6.3%253B%2B WOW64%253B%2Brv%253A36.0%2529%2BGecko%252F20100101 %2BFirefox%252F36.0%26rfs%3DSport%2BTouring%26imps %3D23%26params%3Dsegment%253Did30105%26cltp%3D1%26 favi%3D1%26numo%3D10%26cimg%3D128&token=c88a5dd74d079d3b

is this part of the new upgrade?

rustyrobot
1st April 2015, 17:12
Hey I've just started getting this banner along the side of my KB screen. It keeps coming up with some scam survey link and this website:
is this part of the new upgrade?

I hate to say it - but you probably installed that yourself. It would have come 'bundled' with some other software you installed, either when you did the 'standard' install, or just didn't uncheck the box. It's called "Digital More" (I can see at the top of the banner). Have a look for that in control panel > add/remove programmes. If you have spyware running, run that now as well. If you don't - try malwarebytes.

Might have to look in the firefox plugins too and see if you can delete it from there.

Juniper
1st April 2015, 17:17
I hate to say it - but you probably installed that yourself. It would have come 'bundled' with some other software you installed, either when you did the 'standard' install, or just didn't uncheck the box. It's called "Digital More" (I can see at the top of the banner). Have a look for that in control panel > add/remove programmes. If you have spyware running, run that now as well. If you don't - try malwarebytes.

Might have to look in the firefox plugins too and see if you can delete it from there.

Umm this is my work computer (well actually its a surface... piece of shit) so it shouldent have any bugs.....shouldent.....

I'll check out add-ons in the morning

rustyrobot
1st April 2015, 17:19
More info here:
http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/8813-ads-by-digital-more

Just to make things worse, I barely trust these 'anti virus' or 'anti-malware' sites and half the time they look like they are set up so you download their malware in the form of a mal-ware cleaner. Only use reputable anti-malware or anti-virus and get it from the manufacturer's website. The link I gave above seems okay though, and doesn't ask you to download anything.

husaberg
1st April 2015, 19:23
Umm this is my work computer (well actually its a surface... piece of shit) so it shouldent have any bugs.....shouldent.....

White background I always suspected you were not that dark at all......;)

Gremlin
2nd April 2015, 00:53

Users are quite capable of installing crap on their computers provided they have admin rights... I know... I clean them :facepalm:. Probably better you let your IT have a look, before you download helpful looking software that ends up being more crapware...

Some users are magnets for crap... they lose their admin rights :lol:

Juniper
2nd April 2015, 06:46
Users are quite capable of installing crap on their computers provided they have admin rights... I know... I clean them :facepalm:. Probably better you let your IT have a look, before you download helpful looking software that ends up being more crapware...

Some users are magnets for crap... they lose their admin rights :lol:

Well my friendly IT guy uninstalled the addon from firefox and then add remove programes. seems to be gone now.

Gremlin
2nd April 2015, 12:06
Well my friendly IT guy uninstalled the addon from firefox and then add remove programes. seems to be gone now.
Sweet. That's the good part about company IT, call on them to help you out of holes :laugh:

PrincessBandit
2nd April 2015, 22:16
Oh, I've just noticed that birfdays seem to be listed again. Didn't they disappear for a while?
Now if we can just get Pink Hell back up and running ...

Virago
3rd April 2015, 20:18
Oh, I've just noticed that birfdays seem to be listed again. Didn't they disappear for a while?
Now if we can just get Pink Hell back up and running ...

There's a difference between the "Pink Fairy" (which is a skin that Mental Pants put on Pointless Drivel), and the real Pink Hell, which is where the seriously naughty members go. If you've not seen the real Pink Hell, ask MT to give you a brief taste. :innocent:

PrincessBandit
3rd April 2015, 21:13
There's a difference between the "Pink Fairy" (which is a skin that Mental Pants put on Pointless Drivel), and the real Pink Hell, which is where the seriously naughty members go. If you've not seen the real Pink Hell, ask MT to give you a brief taste. :innocent:

Ohhhhh, ok, I get that. Never realised PD and Pink Hell being two separate things (that's because I've never been naughty enough :msn-wink: )
Well I'd still love the Pink Fairy back if that's possible, MT. :yes: