PDA

View Full Version : 2004 GP

SPman
28th January 2004, 21:29
Valentino Rossi has just completed a stunning three-day test of the Yamaha MotoGP machine at Sepang, Malaysia. In his first outing on his new machine, Rossi lapped within 2/10ths of a second of the quickest Honda testing the prior week -- ridden by Max Biaggi. Posting a 2.02.75, Rossi was quicker than the majority of the top Honda factory riders. <O:p</O:p

During the test, Rossi was substantially faster than the three other Yamaha riders in attendance, including Carlos Checa, Marco Melandri and Norick Abe. If the times posted by those three riders were viewed alone, you would still think Yamaha is a step or two behind the Honda MotoGP effort. Rossi, however, gave every indication he will be competitive with the Hondas from the first race of 2004.

Hmmmmmmm - perhaps the guy does have more raw talent than people think!

Hitcher
29th January 2004, 10:03
Hmmmmmmm - perhaps the guy does have more raw talent than people think![/font]
I reckon Dr Rossi would still clean up if he rode a Vespa! The man is a prodigy, IMHO.

NhuanH
29th January 2004, 10:37
I reckon Dr Rossi would still clean up if he rode a Vespa! The man is a prodigy, IMHO.

Yep, Monkey Boy is rather fast on 2 wheels.

Coldkiwi
29th January 2004, 11:39
MONKEY BOY!? eh?? since when has David coulthard been racing bikes?

Rossi oozes talent. I think Mick Doohan has admitted outright that he wouldn't be able to beat Rossi as he rides now even if he was still in his prime.

he is the best bar none and I think he's further above the Moto GP pack than Michael Schumacher is above the F1 girls.

NhuanH
29th January 2004, 12:04
MONKEY BOY!?

Monkey Boy is quite a common term of endearment for the Dr. Just take a look at him with them silly old sideburns.

And sadly for Honduh Racing Corp, Rossi's looking rather sharp, even after just 1 weekend.

Check out this URL for a few giggles:
http://motogpnews.com/news45.php

Hitcher
29th January 2004, 12:04
MONKEY BOY!? eh?? since when has David coulthard been racing bikes?

Rossi oozes talent. I think Mick Doohan has admitted outright that he wouldn't be able to beat Rossi as he rides now even if he was still in his prime.

he is the best bar none and I think he's further above the Moto GP pack than Michael Schumacher is above the F1 girls.
Well said. Michael Schumacher is in a league of his own -- particularly in the wet, he would have to be the best F1 driver ever.