PDA

View Full Version : Hello (Micmac)

Micmac
25th February 2015, 01:59
Micmac here. Looking out the window at the snow coming in and wishing I was out riding! Was looking at shipping quotes for a bike to NZ and this site popped up so I thought I'd give it a try. Looks like a friendly place. I am half Irish and half Micmac Indian, hence the name. 1st thing I remember is looking at the dash of my Grandpa's Chief rolling down the road. Most likely that was in 1955. Have attempted to repeat that feeling since then. Always been an Indian man. Always will be. I have had a few HD's over the years, got a shovel out there in the barn now, don't ride it. It was owned by two of my best mate's who have gone on to the next place. I just keep in in their memory. Married to a Kiwi lady for decades. Been over there a bunch over the years. I currently have a 1947 Chief and a 2012 Chief. Stay safe out there, they try to kill us every day. I have tried to post photos and can't for some reason.

Micmac
25th February 2015, 02:02
309381 My 2012 Chief

WNJ
25th February 2015, 04:08
:woohoo: :drinkup: :doobey: :corn:

unstuck
25th February 2015, 06:08
Gidday. Sure looks like shit weather over there at the moment. :cold:
Welcome along.:Punk:

Murray
25th February 2015, 07:30
Yep just seen all the cars sliding around on ice. Not good bike weather!!!

Welcome and safe riding

awa355
25th February 2015, 15:27
KB'rs friendly ????? :argh::argh: Wait until post #3, ;)

Its hard to imagine a place like yours where you simply cant get out riding for the winter months. That would drive me nuts.

skippa1
25th February 2015, 16:45
Not taking the mic mac, but it can be a bit unfriendly somtimes here. Just ignore the rude ones

all the best chief

Micmac
26th February 2015, 01:17
Gidday. Sure looks like shit weather over there at the moment. :cold:
Welcome along.:Punk:

It is, gets better though, I'm driving to Canada Friday! Most guys headed to Florida Bike week this time of year. Here north is cold, not like the Winterless North! Thanks for the welcome!

Micmac
26th February 2015, 01:22
KB'rs friendly ????? :argh::argh: Wait until post #3, ;)

Its hard to imagine a place like yours where you simply cant get out riding for the winter months. That would drive me nuts.

I used to ride year round, moved up in the mountains cause I was tired of the city bullshit. Next week it will be rideable. Around 60F. And I ride American made bikes, so there's plenty to fuck with in the winter. I also mess around with old Chevy utes. And I told y'all, I got a Kiwi wife, who thinks 'cause I'm retired I am on call for the stuff she thinks that needs doing!

Micmac
26th February 2015, 01:25
Not taking the mic mac, but it can be a bit unfriendly somtimes here. Just ignore the rude ones

all the best chief

I have years of practice at that. There is a lot of bravery behind a keyboard. I was in the Paratroopers, I've seen men with more bravery in one toenail than 20 keyboard commando's. Thanks for the best wishes, backatcha.