PDA

View Full Version : RG150 kickstart removal

Oliver12345
2nd March 2015, 16:16
Hey guys and gals

Iv got an Rg150 that I'm taking apart and I'm having trouble removing the kickstart from the case. After i removed the bolt holding it in place, It comes out about 5mm and then won't budge any further.

I was hoping someone could offer some tips & tricks for its removal or if there is a hidden bolt somewhere

Thanks

iranana
3rd March 2015, 15:15
Had one of these a while back, if I recall correctly there was nothing other than the bolt. The kick starter on my current bike is the same. I find that removing things from splined shafts sometimes requires something to give a bit of leverage - I use a large flat head screwdriver with a thick bit of leather to stop it from scratching shit up. Give it a gentle twang and see if there's any give.

Oliver12345
4th March 2015, 18:52
Thanks for the reply, i tried using a screwdriver to lever it out but no luck, so i used a butane torch to heat it up and then tang it out which worked a treat.

Im almost up to splitting the case now but the water pump and primary drive gear won't slide off, tried a small lever but don't won't to damage them. Any thoughts on how to remove?