PDA

View Full Version : Road Safety Adverts

Lou Girardin
19th September 2005, 11:50
I've just read an article wrtten by a freelance photographer who arrived at the scene of the recent multiple fatal in Hastings. He said he was watching while the emergency services were doing their thing and was dumbstruck at the abuse and mindless comments coming from friends of the dead kids. As well as the retards doing burnouts because they thought the cops were occupied.
His point was, if these kids can behave like that while their mutilated friends are right in front of them (there was brain matter spread over the tree), what earthly use are graphic TV ads?

Aitch
19th September 2005, 11:57
I've just read an article wrtten by a freelance photographer who arrived at the scene of the recent multiple fatal in Hastings. He said he was watching while the emergency services were doing their thing and was dumbstruck at the abuse and mindless comments coming from friends of the dead kids. As well as the retards doing burnouts because they thought the cops were occupied.
His point was, if these kids can behave like that while their mutilated friends are right in front of them (there was brain matter spread over the tree), what earthly use are graphic TV ads?

Wait till they get home to mum...and their mates aren't there so they don't have to be "staunch". Then watch the tears flow.

crashe
19th September 2005, 11:58
Cos those kids are farked in the head...

They show NO RESPECT for their mates who need help at the time.

Those kids will never learn....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait till they get home to mum...and their mates aren't there so they don't have to be "staunch". Then watch the tears flow.

Then they go out the next night and do the same thing...
They aint learning from loosing a mate at all.

scumdog
19th September 2005, 12:04
Cos those kids are farked in the head...

They show NO RESPECT for their mates who need help at the time.

Those kids will never learn....

Because their attitude is "it won't happen to me" (and sometimes because it has "never happened before", I bet they're pissed off when they find out you can only get killed once...)
Too much PS2 shit in the world - ya crash burn and lose? just press restart, but I'm sure some don't know life isn't like that.

Lou Girardin
19th September 2005, 12:31
Bloody good point SD, when is LTNZ going to wake up and study the linkage between PS and the youth death rate.

Sniper
19th September 2005, 12:45
Life is life. Im sure all you older generation went through the Im invincible stage? I have seen accidents, ressused people and had people die around me. It has opened my eyes in the respect that this stuff does happen. The thing is, subconciously I still think that it can't happen to me.

Its a mind set that can only be altered with age and wisdom. Unfortunatly some have to learn from their mistakes.

Krayy
19th September 2005, 12:48
Give the cops the power to grab said "mate" by the scruff of the neck and shove his nose in the kids brains all over said tree :sick: That should make the little fecker sit up and take notice. :weird:

scumdog
19th September 2005, 12:52
Life is life. Im sure all you older generation went through the Im invincible stage? I have seen accidents, ressused people and had people die around me. It has opened my eyes in the respect that this stuff does happen. The thing is, subconciously I still think that it can't happen to me.

Its a mind set that can only be altered with age and wisdom. Unfortunatly some have to learn from their mistakes.

You get to my age you KNOW it can happen to you and often see some disasterous event and think "shit, that could have been me".

Picked a large (30mm dia X 120mm) galvanised nut and bolt off SH1 the other day, all I could think was "shit, imagine that beast ploughing into you chest (on bike) or through a windscreen after bouncing off the road when it fell off"

You going one way at 100kph, it going the other way at 70-80kph and it weighs about half a kilo, doesn't bear thinking about.

Sniper
19th September 2005, 12:55
Yea, that part is true. I have also started thinking about things and wondered what damage they can do, but in my mind it doesn't specifically relate to me. It should and Im sure as I get older it will. All it proves is that my attitude towards it happening to me is shit and it neededs to be changed.

Youth is just an excuse for stupidity.

John
19th September 2005, 13:02
ever since my first road incident and my dad dieing, and so many dieing around me I have realised the price of life to some people, its sickening - "yea HAHAHA he crashed yea it looked so funny fuck man lets go drink 40s and drive up and down queen street."

Marmoot
19th September 2005, 13:34
if these kids can behave like that while their mutilated friends are right in front of them (there was brain matter spread over the tree), what earthly use are graphic TV ads?

they make accidents look cool, hence promoting the behaviour and let Darwin natural selection sort those people out.

It's got nothing to do with me, so I don't care about those ads. Taxes are there, regardless of ads or not. Apathy? Me? yeah right.....

Lou Girardin
19th September 2005, 14:43

That's basically true, we were young and stupid too. But I think there are significant differences between our generations and the cars/bikes we had then compared to now. Even the amount of traffic is hugely different now. When the roads are full of cars you're more likely to hit one than to spin harmlessly through a fence. :Oops:
And I do now know IT can happen to me, but it hasn't slowed me down that much. I just think about things a little more and realise the potential dangers a bit sooner.
But you do have to balance the risk/fun ratio otherwise it's not a life. I think these kids balance is wrong because they've no sense of consequences.
Which gets back to the PS syndrome. The US military didn't use video game training for no reason.