PDA

View Full Version : Well I have seen everything now

husaberg
6th March 2015, 20:41
http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/farm-432-lets-you-breed-your-own-insects-for-food-katarina-unger.html

it is safe for work but would let me select anything else:bash:

mossy1200
6th March 2015, 21:00
Interesting but :puke:

Id rather go veg.

husaberg
6th March 2015, 21:10
Interesting but :puke:

Id rather go veg.

I don't know some of those Asian deep fried grasshoppers look tasty on the tally not totally convincing yet about the lavae option though

Tazz
6th March 2015, 21:18
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sneakpeeq-sites/exoprotein/images/why-crickets.png

https://www.exoprotein.com/why-crickets

husaberg
6th March 2015, 21:40
propaganda from the insect conspiracy :msn-wink:

yeah but what tastes better in your opinion makes better shoes and bike gear and yes pool balls..........

Tazz
6th March 2015, 21:50
What have you been brought up and normalized to believe tastes better....;)

I think eating fungus (mushrooms) is fucking gross, taste and texture aside fungi are rank and need rank conditions to thrive. They also smell like shit, yet most people love em because they are used to them.

Same with black pudding, which is the tits (the good stuff anyway) to me but vomit inducing for at least one of my ex's :weird: because she was brought up to think it was gross.

Sadly it's all what you're used to and what is socially accepted in you're hood. Not going out of my way to eat larvae, but given the chance I'd give it a nudge just to see if it was something I'd like, same with the crickets. I've heard first hand that cricket on a stick is actually pretty delicious.

I had a rant typed out above I ditched :S but it pisses me off how cunts will only eat prime cuts and then make fun of places in Asia where they eat the eyes, brain, heart etc etc leaving no waste. Part of it is because they are hungry enough to not be such precious wankers about it, but also a lot of the stuff we 'think' will taste crap is actually fine when prepared correctly.

Anyone going to Wild Foods this year? :laugh:

husaberg
6th March 2015, 21:53
I think eating fungus (mushrooms) is fucking gross, taste and texture aside fungi are rank and need rank conditions to thrive. They also smell like shit, yet most people love em because they are used to them.

Same with black pudding, which is the tits (the good stuff anyway) to me but vomit inducing for at least one of my ex's :weird: because she was brought up to think it was gross.

Sadly it's all what you're used to and what is socially accepted in you're hood. Not going out of my way to eat larvae, but given the chance I'd give it a nudge just to see if it was something I'd like, same with the crickets. I've heard first hand that cricket on a stick is actually pretty delicious.

I had a rant typed out above I ditched :S but it pisses me off how cunts will only eat prime cuts and then make fun of places in Asia where they eat the eyes, brain, heart etc etc leaving no waste. Part of it is because they are hungry enough to not be such precious wankers about it, but also a lot of the stuff we 'think' will taste crap is actually fine when prepared correctly.

What do you mean you had a rant typed out but deleted it?:innocent:
You had a pretty good crew on my rump

Tazz
6th March 2015, 21:55
What do you mean you had a rant typed out but deleted it?:innocent:

hahaha, yeah it just came a post later :baby:

husaberg
6th March 2015, 22:12
hahaha, yeah it just came a post later :baby:

Never seen a guy on a all steak diet get angry lol.
No I wasn't kidding either, I would love to try the fried grasshoppers and big crunchy insects, I have had worms and huhus I am not precious, just not my thing.
That said I would love a horse steak because they would have a huge ribeye.

Tazz
6th March 2015, 22:34
Never seen a guy on a all steak diet get angry lol.
No I wasn't kidding either, I would love to try the fried grasshoppers and big crunchy insects, I have had worms and huhus I am not precious, just not my thing.
That said I would love a horse steak because they would have a huge ribeye.

Man, that was not directed at you at all! Just a general whinge haha

The only worms I've intentionally had are those tequila ones sadly (well not really all that sad about it :P). Tried most things from fish and cows, sheep though, one way or another. One thing I find a bit rough are eyeballs. First taste was having a fight with them in 6th form science, then in soup twice but man you might as well go drink out of a stagnant puddle for the taste you get outta those after they pop in your mouth. Nom nom nom.

After all that negative scandal in the UK over horse meat, horse burgers are quite popular now in pubs and the like. I think partly through curiosity and partly because some people thought they'd been eating it anyway and liked it so why worry :laugh:

Anyway, will be interesting to see what develops in the insect industry over the next few years.
Wasn't there some big swam in Africa two or so years ago where some of the govts handed out recipes and encouraged the locals to dig in as a small way to help contain them? Wonder if they developed a taste for them from that at all.

husaberg
6th March 2015, 22:40
Man, that was not directed at you at all! Just a general whinge haha

The only worms I've intentionally had are those tequila ones sadly (well not really all that sad about it :P). Tried most things from fish and cows, sheep though, one way or another. One thing I find a bit rough are eyeballs. First taste was having a fight with them in 6th form science, then in soup twice but man you might as well go drink out of a stagnant puddle for the taste you get outta those after they pop in your mouth. Nom nom nom.

After all that negative scandal in the UK over horse meat, horse burgers are quite popular now in pubs and the like. I think partly through curiosity and partly because some people thought they'd been eating it anyway and liked it so why worry :laugh:

Anyway, will be interesting to see what develops in the insect industry over the next few years.
Wasn't there some big swam in Africa two or so years ago where some of the govts handed out recipes and encouraged the locals to dig in as a small way to help contain them? Wonder if they developed a taste for them from that at all.

Horse is meant to be oily I am told....... quite distinctive toungue is rather nice. plenty of people eat all sorts of offal without realising it anyway.
My father who loves fish would never eat I think it was fish fingers or something like that )afterwards when he seen them being made in the factory. Yet once processed the ick factor is just not there.

Tazz
6th March 2015, 22:58
Horse is meant to be oily I am told....... quite distinctive toungue is rather nice. plenty of people eat all sorts of offal without realising it anyway.
My father who loves fish would never eat I think it was fish fingers or something like that )afterwards when he seen them being made in the factory. Yet once processed the ick factor is just not there.

The texture of tongue is, interesting. Had it in sammiches a few times, never on its own mind.

Same vein, I kinda thought it was awesome that McDonalds was using all the waste meat for chicken nuggets (there was some video going around pushing that ick factor years ago) and turning it into a tasty product. All the chemicals and shit that get pumped in, not so much, but meat that would potentially otherwise be wasted, hell yeah.
I've read some horrible sounding stuff about that fake crab meat, which I eat a decent amount of. Probably similar to the fish fingers production line.

Shit who knows, maybe we'll see commercial versions of these bug growers/cultivators/whateverthefucksheiscallingit behind the McD's counters in a few years :laugh:

EJK
6th March 2015, 23:01
Oh wow! I must have that machine! My grandparents will love it!

husaberg
6th March 2015, 23:03
The texture of tongue is, interesting. Had it in sammiches a few times, never on its own mind.

Same vein, I kinda thought it was awesome that McDonalds was using all the waste meat for chicken nuggets (there was some video going around pushing that ick factor years ago) and turning it into a tasty product. All the chemicals and shit that get pumped in, not so much, but meat that would potentially otherwise be wasted, hell yeah.
I've read some horrible sounding stuff about that fake crab meat, which I eat a decent amount of. Probably similar to the fish fingers production line.

Shit who knows, maybe we'll see commercial versions of these bug growers/cultivators/whateverthefucksheiscallingit behind the McD's counters in a few years :laugh:

yeah it might have been crab sticks it was somehow fermented....he has a strong stomach but he would not go near them.....then again I can't face port 25 years after an incident with it without wanting to vomit.....

Tazz
6th March 2015, 23:14
yeah it might have been crab sticks it was somehow fermented....he has a strong stomach but he would not go near them.....then again I can't face port 25 years after an incident with it without wanting to vomit.....

mmm, just imagine the what delightful booze they could make out of fermented fish bits. Might have to draw the line there aye haha

husaberg
6th March 2015, 23:18
mmm, just imagine the what delightful booze they could make out of fermented fish bits. Might have to draw the line there aye haha

He used to make Sake looked like wood chips (when it was being made) tasted like paint thinners..........it was pretty potent.
I had the raw ferment iki iki or what ever it was called........ not my thing but I love sushi

PrincessBandit
12th March 2015, 14:50
I only looked at the pictures and thought it was some weird baby making device - pop in the ingredients and a baby materialises in the plastic domey thing...

husaberg
12th March 2015, 17:23
I only looked at the pictures and thought it was some weird baby making device - pop in the ingredients and a baby materialises in the plastic domey thing...
I have only one question Princess.......... what other sort of baby making devices are you familiar with?:whistle:
I understand this is what they use to make little bandits

PrincessBandit
14th March 2015, 20:59
I have only one question Princess.......... what other sort of baby making devices are you familiar with?:whistle:
I understand this is what they use to make little bandits

Well none that look like that. As for baby bandits I never actually saw what our bikes got up to in the garage at night...

scumdog
14th March 2015, 21:05

Good call Tazz.

Too many people have a real narrow view of what counts as 'food'.

Maccas, KFC and shit like that is all they will accept.

Fuck, some loser even think eating raw oysters is the ultimate in gross.

Heaven help them if they had to live in rural China...

husaberg
14th March 2015, 21:10
I draw the line at that delicacy made from a birds nest made out of bird saliva......and bat droppings
http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/bird-nests-made-with-saliva-one-of-the-worlds-most-expensive-foods-741944
funny enough i'd be happy to drink the civet shit coffee....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak