PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone (RiderBen)

RiderBen
9th March 2015, 20:55
New to KB and wanted to say Hi

I'm in Dunedin after living in Melbourne for 5 years working my ass off. Come back to live the NZ lifestyle and be around Family (now have 8 nephews and nieces) here in Dunedin. I have been Riding for 5 years, first Bike was a GS 500 on L's then GSXR 750. I used to ride with "Hangmore" of Melbourne and loved it. Big big Motorbike culture in Melbourne with Phillip Island, MotoGp, Aussie Supers ETC. Got the bug and will never go back after (unknown) number of track days, club rides and Phillip Island runs for anything from Classics to Aussie Supers to MotoGP.

Have a 2014 Kawasaki 650R "KWSK1" lined up to buy soon from Napier, my first New Bike ever! Will ride back to Dunedin at a slow pace and really look forward to seeing/exploring more of South Island. Would like to reach out to anyone in Dunedin who (like me) are passionate about Sportsbikes.

How come I cant upload Avatar or pictures of my bike? :( File size is below recommended.....

Akzle
9th March 2015, 21:38
dunedin eh .

Grashopper
9th March 2015, 22:19
Hi and welcome to the nut house kb :wavey:

Have fun with your new bike when you get it. Should be an awesome ride from Napier to Dunedin (if you take the more scenic, less straight route).

RiderBen
9th March 2015, 23:14
dunedin eh .He is from Terenga Paraoa, what....where? Google doesn't even know where that is!

Akzle
10th March 2015, 06:08
Google doesn't even know where that is!

http://www.scancrit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/excellent-4689_preview.png

Banditbandit
10th March 2015, 11:51
Awesome Ben. Welcome ...

(don't mind the riff raff and drunks in the cheap seats ...)

Akzle
10th March 2015, 12:35
(don't mind the riff raff and drunks in the cheap seats ...)

there's someone else here?

Banditbandit
12th March 2015, 10:39
there's someone else here?

Debatable .. I only see words on a screen. I've never seen a live person ..

Akzle
12th March 2015, 12:25
Debatable .. I only see words on a screen. I've never seen a live person ..

and you never will. a person is a dead fiction.

RiderBen
16th March 2015, 00:18
and you never will. a person is a dead fiction.

Wow, that thread escalated quickly. So I have purchased Bike, a new set of Kawasaki crash guards, a throttle/brake lock. Any suggestions for Motorcyle insurance?

Cheers

Akzle
16th March 2015, 10:26
Wow, that thread escalated quickly. So I have purchased Bike, a new set of Kawasaki crash guards, a throttle/brake lock. Any suggestions for Motorcyle insurance?

Cheers

suggest you for a search there billy.

Grashopper
16th March 2015, 11:56
For insurance have a look at Kiwibike http://www.kiwibike.co.nz

If you want to do some trackdays in the future, make sure that you get an insurance that covers them.

Tazz
16th March 2015, 15:15
I've had some good prices from State too but you have to bundle it with other policies. Have only claimed from them once but they were good to deal with.

Banditbandit
17th March 2015, 12:11
Any suggestions for Motorcyle insurance?

Cheers

John Baker .. been with them for years ... paid out after my last crash (repairs only) despite sending them a loong list of speeding tickets in the past five years .. including a suspension period ...

I'd recommend them to anyone.

RiderBen
26th March 2015, 12:56
For insurance have a look at Kiwibike http://www.kiwibike.co.nz

If you want to do some trackdays in the future, make sure that you get an insurance that covers them.

So Kiwibike (Star Insurance) have been hard to beat, got quotes from AA, State, and youi. Seams to be the best policy, gear cover, road assist, "most bang for your buck" and a $500 excess all the others offer $1000 excess.

Akzle
26th March 2015, 16:40
anyone tried youi for motobicycles?

WNJ
26th March 2015, 19:49
I'm with classic cover,they beat everyone I contacted,I have road assist,gear cover excess only $400, less than $500 for insurance package,

caseye
26th March 2015, 20:33
anyone tried youi for motobicycles?

Yep. RIP OFF C..T's.
Twice what I'm paying now, much much less cover, didn't even blink when I told em what I'm paying now and what I get, including track day cover, Gear totally replaced for rider and pillion, roadside the works.
Wood'nt touch em with a fucking barge pole.