PDA

View Full Version : RG 150 no electronics

merobertb
24th March 2015, 00:01
Hi all, long time reader first time poster. I have just bought an RG 150 and after a few issues I have managed to get it going mechanically. The only problem I am having now is electrical which I have no idea how to solve. I have bought a new battery and plopped it in the old girl and the electronics are not doing anything, no horn, nothing. She is still missing her right indicator but i didn't think this would be an issue for the rest of the electronics. I don't really know where to start with electronics so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Rob

Akzle
24th March 2015, 05:37
main erth.

Sharft 6
24th March 2015, 16:40
He has an rg 150 and a cbf 250! What are the odds?

My rg has been through 1 or 2 fuses and a resistor. It's kind of dodgy in that way.

Most of the dash circuitry is torn up now so I can forgive it for only choosing to run the spark plug, power valves, and rev counter.

When you do get it running I just have one piece of advice. They exceptionally hard to control in comparison to a cbf 250. Crashed my rg 5 times in about 12 months. Only crashed the cbf once on the first corner with a brand new tyre i.e. it was very avoidable so it doesn't count.

Big Dog
26th March 2015, 21:06
Start from the dash. Follow the cables back. Check nothing is earthing that shouldn't and no breaks on the loom. Check all your fuses.

All of your electrics except your spark ( you said you have it running ) would suggest something is unplugged.
As you are tracing the loom back to the battery unplug every connector and check for contaminants. Some older connectors could do with some contact cleaner. Especially if the bike sat for any length of time. Some will need to be pushed more firmly in or even taped on.
If you have a multimeter check each cable as you get to it for continuity.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Big Dog
26th March 2015, 21:08
If you come to a black lead with a eye connector on the end that would be the main "erf" that Akzle speaks of. Not connected none of the non motor electrics work.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.