PDA

View Full Version : Can I race this?

NZMonster
1st April 2015, 15:30
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/pocket-pit-bikes/auction-864914610.htm

Okay, so I made a thread just like this in the racing section, and was told to make ask around here. My questions are: Is this legal to race in ANY category, and if it is, is there anywhere around Auckland I can race it, and what sort of bikes would I be racing against? Thanks in advance for answering.

koba
1st April 2015, 15:41
Short answer is no.

Not as a bucket.

There is a thread that does it all to death here, but basically they don't qualify for buckets for a number of reasons.
There are some pit bike guys at mount Wellington (In Auckland, just to be confusing) they are just getting enough numbers to run their own class, If they do I imagine it is possible they will be able to make rules to suit, that may or may not include these. Don't take that as gospel though as I've got no say in that matter.

If you want to get in to buckets it's best to rock up to an event and have a look, make yourself know as interested. The starting price for a bucket is generally a lot less than that for a machine that is prepped and ready to go.

koba
1st April 2015, 15:44
There might well be other places that you can race it, I know there is some pitbike racing down here (Wellington), I think it's all on the dirt but don't really know much about it.
I imagine a similar thing may exist up your way.

John_H
1st April 2015, 18:04
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/pocket-pit-bikes/auction-864914610.htm

Okay, so I made a thread just like this in the racing section, and was told to make ask around here. My questions are: Is this legal to race in ANY category, and if it is, is there anywhere around Auckland I can race it, and what sort of bikes would I be racing against? Thanks in advance for answering.

The bucket racing community is a friendly helpful one; if you need help transporting your bike around there's bound to be someone who will chuck it on their trailer with their bike once a month.

jasonu
2nd April 2015, 01:22
The bucket racing community is a friendly helpful one; if you need help transporting your bike around there's bound to be someone who will chuck it on their trailer with their bike once a month.

According to sidecar bob you bucket people are a bunch of stuck up cunts.

Kickaha
2nd April 2015, 05:41

Only the guys in the North Island ;)

John_H
2nd April 2015, 06:12

No idea who sidecarbob is. In my experience people in buckets are happy to share knowledge and resources.

jasonu
2nd April 2015, 07:46
No idea who sidecarbob is. In my experience people in buckets are happy to share knowledge and resources.

Mine to mate. The ESE thread is a prime example of that.

Henk
2nd April 2015, 08:40
Only the guys in the North Island ;)

Shame he's in auckland then isn't it :)

TALLIS
2nd April 2015, 09:08
Shame he's in auckland then isn't it :)

Henk, there is more to the the north island than just Auckland! Besides there's plenty of cunts in Wellington too :eek5:

Kickaha
2nd April 2015, 18:29
Henk, there is more to the the north island than just Auckland! Besides there's plenty of cunts in Wellington too :eek5:

Yeah, that fucking F5dave for a start, refuses every offer of a ride on my GN, what a prick

F5 Dave
3rd April 2015, 20:14
Actually I was just going to sugest that I'm one of them but Waskally Wawik beat me to it.