PDA

View Full Version : After twenty years at WMCC I'll be moving on.

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2015, 17:43
Wellington Motorcycles as you all know it is about to wind down, so I'll need a new home after 20 years there! I have another three months there...so you'd best all come and get some MEAN deals before I shuffle off! :sunny:

Dunno where I'll end up or what I'll do...but I'm looking forward to a change of scenery I must say. To all of you good folk that have purchased bikes from me there over the years, a huge thank you to you all!!! I look forward to seeing you out on the road on my old Slabbie!

Cheers,

Pete

nodrog
1st April 2015, 17:47
Piako Tractors need a new sales person, you have the experience .

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2015, 17:55
Piako Tractors need a new sales person, you have the experience .

Lol. Cheers for the heads up Bro!

sugilite
1st April 2015, 18:00
bit late for a April fools joke yeah? :shit:

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2015, 18:02
bit late for a April fools joke yeah? :shit:

Lol. No joke Bro. Been a Welly Icon for 47 years eh...no more as you know it.

rustyrobot
1st April 2015, 18:08
Carbon Group in Auckland are looking for someone to work in their moto-cafe. Rumour* has it you make a 'killer' coffee. Grow an ironic moustache and serious beard and you'd fit right in.

*They never found the body.

eldog
Even though I am in Akl, I always try and visit when I am in Welly, even if its just looking in the window when you are closed.
The staff and shop are always friendly and helpful.

I will miss it. Good luck Crasher

Reckless
Wellington Motorcycles as you all know it is about to wind down,

Shit I didn't know have they decided not to sell on or cant find a buyer?? Whats the guts.

One of my most prominent young memories was all of us outside there on a Friday night and my mate on his Katana 1100 (Full open yoshi) doing a full circle smokey right in the middle of the main intersection outside.
They where Suzuki only in those days?

Jeepers thats a biker Wellington Icon gone?

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2015, 18:11
Carbon Group in Auckland are looking for someone to work in their moto-cafe. Rumour* has it you make a 'killer' coffee. Grow an ironic moustache and serious beard and you'd fit right in.

Hahahaha...cheers mate. I can grow facial hair over night with a full moon!

Even though I am in Akl, I always try and visit when I am in Welly, even if its just looking in the window when you are closed.
The staff and shop are always friendly and helpful.

I will miss it. Good luck Crasher

Cheers mate!

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2015, 18:13
Shit I didn't know have they decided not to sell on or cant find a buyer?? Whats the guts.

One of my most prominent young memories was all of us outside there on a Friday night and my mate on his Katana 1100 (Full open yoshi) doing a full circle smokey right in the middle of the main intersection outside.
They where Suzuki only in those days?

Jeepers thats a biker Wellington Icon gone?

Garry and Steve are winding things down. Not sure if there's gonna be a Harley dealer in Welly at all now. More than likely not. They're going out to Petone and doing used HD's and other makes. May pick up another franchise...who knows.

Reckless
1st April 2015, 18:15
Garry and Steve are winding things down. Not sure if there's gonna be a Harley dealer in Welly at all now. More than likely not. They're going out to Petone and doing used HD's and other makes. May pick up another franchise...who knows.

Must spread some.......... Good luck for your next challenge mate :)

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2015, 18:17
Must spread some.......... Good luck for your next challenge mate :)

Cheers mate! Who knows where I'll end up!

mossy1200
1st April 2015, 18:18
Half price HDs for everyone?
I spotted a mention of WM dropping HD on facebook but assumed it was interweb lies.

MD
1st April 2015, 18:22
Sad news Pete.

You are as they say ' a fair dinkum good bloke' I've bought 3 bikes off WMCC some years back but sorry to say the recent brands/models just never pulled the right strings for me, nothing to do with you or your suspect coffee skills Pete.

The shop is an icon along with Pete and one I will miss strolling by admiring the always impressive shine on those Harleys. Going to the Embassy flicks was a compulsory bike perv. opportunity.
When I fell for Triumph the franchise moved. When I was so, so close to getting a Buell 1130 - they went out of production.

All the best Pete and I will be in next week to say hello. Oh, no, no.. no need for a coffee. I'll bring a thermos.

Mark

98tls
1st April 2015, 18:29

All the best mate,must feel a bit strange moving on after so long as it did for me many years ago when i left Rutherford/Bond Toyota (Cable price when i started) up in Wellington after many great years.No doubt the next adventure wont take long to realise as nobody makes a living in sales as long as you have without being well good at it.Have fun and as i say "all the very best".:niceone:

gammaguy
1st April 2015, 18:53
Wellington Motorcycles as you all know it is about to wind down, so I'll need a new home after 20 years there! I have another three months there...so you'd best all come and get some MEAN deals before I shuffle off! :sunny:

Dunno where I'll end up or what I'll do...but I'm looking forward to a change of scenery I must say. To all of you good folk that have purchased bikes from me there over the years, a huge thank you to you all!!! I look forward to seeing you out on the road on my old Slabbie!

Cheers,

Pete

Crikey

I bought a fair few bikes there when I lived in Welly,end of an era for sure

And Pete I remember seeing you racing your crisp.....um.....KR1SP

Good luck with all your futures

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2015, 21:04
Crikey

I bought a fair few bikes there when I lived in Welly,end of an era for sure

And Pete I remember seeing you racing your crisp.....um.....KR1SP

Good luck with all your futures

Indeed it is. Steve and Garry will still be in bizz...just not at 12 Kent Tce where they've been for the last 45 odd years! Will seem strange eh!

And yeah...my KR1SP was indeed *crisp*.

Many thanks.

caseye
1st April 2015, 21:12
Pete, always been a pleasure coming into WMC when I was in town ( not that often.living in Dorkland) Got suckered into a cup of HTFU the first time.lived ! to tell the tale.
Never again. That alone is a legend you'll never live down and quite rightly so, icons don't fade away my friend, they live on and I'm sure something will turn up, specially now that it is public knowledge you're on the way.
Take care, ride safe(enjoyably so, of course) and if yer ever up here, you've got a bed, for as long as you need.

Dadpole
1st April 2015, 22:15
12 Kent Tce where they've been for the last 45 odd years!

Can't be that long surely. I remember buying bits from the Bond St shop - or am I older than I thought?

I used to spend hours (and money) in what is a Welly icon.

pete376403
1st April 2015, 22:20
The Bond St shop was W White & Co. WMC started when Steve and Garry left there (or so I have heard)

BuzzardNZ
2nd April 2015, 07:07
Damn, this thread was a shock to the system :(

I've been dealing with WMC for 30 years.

It's been a Wellington icon for as long as I can remember and you guys will be missed.

Dadpole
2nd April 2015, 08:33
The Bond St shop was W White & Co. WMC started when Steve and Garry left there (or so I have heard)

May well be the case. I recall dealing with Steve there. Barely room to swing a mouse in there compared to Kent Tce.

unstuck
2nd April 2015, 08:37

Fat and lazy in a whorehouse somewhere. Now you will have to get a REAL job. Wanker.:Punk::Punk:

sugilite
2nd April 2015, 10:09
Makes sense with the move, I'd hate to think what the rent alone would be for Kent Terrace!

Paul in NZ
2nd April 2015, 10:19
Makes sense with the move, I'd hate to think what the rent alone would be for Kent Terrace!

Plus I'm guessing it would require earthquake strengthening...

Mind you - Petone might need tsunami protection LOL... If they go to Jackson Street - well its a very groovy part of town..

sugilite
2nd April 2015, 10:31

Mind you - Petone might need tsunami protection LOL... If they go to Jackson Street - well its a very groovy part of town..
Yeah, how that place has changed. I used to live above a shop on Jackson Street 26 odd years ago. I kid you not there was just about a shop burglary on that street every night! I remember the sound of breaking glass one night and looking out the window to see a bunch of mongrel mob guys loading a bunch of freshly boosted compressors into the back of their van.

roogazza
2nd April 2015, 11:16
Jesus ! That was a surprise pete ! Good luck where ever you go.No doubt you'll pop up and I can say gidday ?

I go back a little way,so remember Steve and Gary in Bond street.
Lots of memories of W.Whites there too.
They've done bloody well those boys.
All those Production racing years of the 1970's,such neat memories.

Ah well,as they say,nothing stays the same ,huh ? :cry::mellow:

Motu
2nd April 2015, 17:52
Never been there, never wanted to go there, won't be missed. But I'll miss the Cycle magazines. Good luck with whatever you get into next - same thing, or do you want to do something different?

BMWST?
2nd April 2015, 19:55
Lol. No joke Bro. Been a Welly Icon for 47 years eh...no more as you know it.

jeepers.i guess it has,a mate of mine bought a brand new TS 185 from them when they were in Bond Street!

BMWST?
2nd April 2015, 19:57

whites were in Dixon Street I bought a couple of yamahas from them(1978 ish).WCC started in Bond Street i think

Crasherfromwayback
2nd April 2015, 21:39
Damn, this thread was a shock to the system :(
I've been dealing with WMC for 30 years.

Bit of a shock to mine too mate! But yeah...had a great time there and Garry & Steve have been very good to me over the time I've been with them. Helped my a lot $$$'s wise when racing the 883 for them etc etc.

Yeah. It's deemed an earthquake risk for sure. Wobbled hard out when we got that 6.5 the other year.

Good luck where ever you go.No doubt you'll pop up and I can say gidday ?
They've done bloody well those boys.
All those Production racing years of the 1970's,such neat memories.
:

We'll bump into each other somewhere I have no doubt mate! And yeah, they've done very well and deserve some more down/family time after all of the years they've done!

But I'll miss the Cycle magazines. Good luck with whatever you get into next - same thing, or do you want to do something different?

Lol. Our office lady took it upon herself to cancel our subscription to Cycle World! But cheers. Not quite sure what I'll do yet. Will work it out soon enough I guess.

jeepers.i guess it has,a mate of mine bought a brand new TS 185 from them when they were in Bond Street!

Jesus I feel old!

.WCC started in Bond Street i think

Correct!

Laava
2nd April 2015, 22:12
Holy fuck! Good luck moving on mate!

Katman
3rd April 2015, 15:34
The shop my bike started life in.

:weep:

Crasherfromwayback
3rd April 2015, 20:28
The shop my bike started life in.

:weep:

At least I got to ride it too!

Genie
3rd April 2015, 22:57
Well, Wellington loses an icon.

Have enjoyed my visits to the store over the years, first one being 15 years ago. I'll miss it when I next visit. It'll be a blankness on the map.

All the best to you. Exciting times, what doors will open for you?

ruaphu
4th April 2015, 09:06
Holy heck i too thought it was interweb lies! Man i used to drag my broken arsed Suzies in their for sorting an gettin more accessories, loved that place. Even now when i get the chance to visit wellywood i drag a mate down for a ganda and usually get my wallet fleeced for something.

Always remember my best mate taking a new TL thou for a test ride to replace his GS550, he thought he was god on a bike. He was well warned not to crack open the throttle cos it will stand up an 'bark'. Needless to say he ignored the advice. Result... A long wheel stand through the traffic with my mate flailing/dragging behind it, what a sight and the salesperson commenting "if the bike doesn't kill em, i fucken will" . Errrm shall we say, there was an 'interesting and colourful' conversation held on his return.

Pete, must be bloody hard after all this time with a great team and wgtn icon. All the very best with your future endeavors and take care. Fingers crossed ya stay in the industry eh.

Regards, Ando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodrog
4th April 2015, 09:28
.... what doors will open for you?

probably the one at WINZ.

caspernz
4th April 2015, 11:47
Geez Pete, that's a surprise! Best of luck in your next adventure of choice. Cheers, Rob

cc rider
6th April 2015, 01:53
Hi Pete, I feel so lucky to have caught up with you again at your store (because I only go there to see you when in the country :p ) in Feb. Joe really enjoyed meeting you & we both appreciate you babysitting the DL & gear overnight there.

I'd suggest coming over here to 'my' store but bike salesmen here don't have your friendly nature & would hate for you to lose that. I know you will do great in your next place. How could you not... :niceone:

You may well find you have a line of customers following you in the door :laugh:

Wishing you & your co-workers every success for the future... be it big & bright & full of bikes :D

luv
CC

malcy25
6th April 2015, 08:50

*They never found the body.

"Doooo eeet!"

skippa1
6th April 2015, 11:45

Cheers,

Pete
Thats pretty poo's Pete, hope it works out ok for you, im sure it will. I can possibly hook you up with a sales job in Taranaki?. What drives that decision?

closing down sale?

Ulsterkiwi
6th April 2015, 16:16

.......Pete

Compared to some on here have done relatively little business with WMC but I will miss being able to go in there for a wander while in town. I hope you find somewhere/something to hang your hat on soon Pete.

Seriously though, will there be good deals going?

Crasherfromwayback
6th April 2015, 16:28
Thats pretty poo's Pete, hope it works out ok for you, im sure it will. I can possibly hook you up with a sales job in Taranaki?. What drives that decision?
closing down sale?

Cheers mate. But it's all good. Appreciate the kind offer, but my preference is to stay Welly based, but if I can't find something I want to do here I'll poss head to CH CH where my GF lives. They're not closing down...but we'll certainly do some mean deals to make the move easier for them!

I hope you find somewhere/something to hang your hat on soon Pete.

Seriously though, will there be good deals going?

Cheers mate! For sure we'll be doing some great deals!

skippa1
6th April 2015, 17:55
Cheers mate. But it's all good. Appreciate the kind offer, but my preference is to stay Welly based, but if I can't find something I want to do here I'll poss head to CH CH where my GF lives. They're not closing down...but we'll certainly do some mean deals to make the move easier for them!

Cheers mate! For sure we'll be doing some great deals!
Not sure i understand? Winding down not closing down, therre wont be a Wellington harley dealer? Will they still sell new bikes and have a harley workshop etc?

Crasherfromwayback
6th April 2015, 18:11
Not sure i understand? Winding down not closing down, therre wont be a Wellington harley dealer? Will they still sell new bikes and have a harley workshop etc?

No official HD dealer in Welly when they stop. They'll be selling used bikes, all brands, and have a workshop.

eelracing
6th April 2015, 19:16
Fuck HD mate where am I going to line up now for Suzuki's new release RR rep next year?

scumdog
6th April 2015, 19:32

Cheers,

Pete

Wow Pete, bit of a surprise!

I never bought a bike of you but the stuff I DID buy through you was always the correct item, quick delivery AND a sharp price!

Proud to have met you, all the best.

EDIT: I'm just back from Aus and there seems to be shitloads of HDs being sold over there...just saying...

skippa1
6th April 2015, 19:55
No official HD dealer in Welly when they stop. They'll be selling used bikes, all brands, and have a workshop.
Sounds a bit budget over what wellington motorcycles looks like now.......

shame

Crasherfromwayback
6th April 2015, 19:59
Sounds a bit budget over what wellington motorcycles looks like now.......

shame

Nah. Garry and Steve don't do things by halves. It'll be done proper like.

cc rider
6th April 2015, 19:59
EDIT: I'm just back from Aus and there seems to be shitloads of HDs being sold over there...just saying...There sure is. We're refurbishing our old "every brand" building into HD only. Going to be the biggest around... so they say.

So let me know Pete ;)

I'm in new building next door... I'll make the coffee though :p

mossy1200
6th April 2015, 20:00
Can I use all the new Harleys so they become used Harleys and therefore the shop can retain its current stock levels? Like a run in service provider and ill do it for minimum wages.

BuzzardNZ
6th April 2015, 20:12

Where will they be based? And what's the name of the new business?

cc rider
6th April 2015, 20:17
Can I use all the new Harleys so they become used Harleys and therefore the shop can retain its current stock levels? Like a run in service provider and ill do it for minimum wages.Excellent idea

If it's anything like here (Aus) HD America require that HD dealerships are 'stand alone' with their product.
It makes it harder for co-branded business'.

mossy1200
6th April 2015, 20:27
Excellent idea

If it's anything like here (Aus) HD America require that HD dealerships are 'stand alone' with their product.
It makes it harder for co-branded business'.

Odd concept.
Not likely someone enters the shop to buy a Harley and leaves the shop on a Suzuki.
More likely a Suzuki owner will move into a Harley as age and funds increase.
We all know which shop the existing customer will trade that used Suzuki in.

cc rider
6th April 2015, 20:38
Odd concept.
Not likely someone enters the shop to buy a Harley and leaves the shop on a Suzuki.
More likely a Suzuki owner will move into a Harley as age and funds increase.
We all know which shop the existing customer will trade that used Suzuki in.I know what you mean mossy.
I see it as they don't want HD owners buying non HD products. When we were all in together it happened all the time. Plus they like to create a whole HD experience in their decore etc.

We've been told not to make fun of HD or customers.... hehe! Co-worker just went from R1 to Hog, been teasing her no end. :Pokey:

HD can afford to be on their own. Even our HD staff earn more then us :mad:

Pete Come On Down!!!

jellywrestler
6th April 2015, 20:55
Excellent idea

wonder if if the same clowns who organised this legendary final night concert for the 100th Harley Anniversary

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/975200/posts

cc rider
6th April 2015, 21:10
:rofl: chur chur

GSXR1
8th April 2015, 01:06

For sure - sad the one thing they won't need in that lineup will be new bike salesmen, because dude you were and no doubt still are one of the best there is. 17 of those 20 years ago you sold me a TLR when I moved to Wn then three more bikes over the years. The TLR was traded but the other three still all sit in my garage to this day. You can call it a testament to Suzuki, but I'd equally call it a testament to a salesman that knows immediately what a great model is and points you here rather than there, and says man you gotta go test ride this bike... I sure as hell never loved any of the bikes I've bought more.

Never ever felt there was an ounce of hard sell in anything you did there; just options, facts and tons of flexibility. Bailed out of a buy once and there was no issue (that fucker will be back lol). Stop in and there was always a wave in the middle of a deal with a customer, and a nose in the door even when busy never went unanswered; I can stop what I'm doing for 5 and say hey. That's what you get from someone that isn't JUST in it for the job but because they love what they do, and making people happy is important. That's you brother.

So move on and know that people's shit follows them wherever they go mate, but there won't be many with as little of it as you. Change can be good...
he said, still riding a little SV650S every day with 120,000 (and two hospital value crashes) on the clock that PM sold him in 1999...
Been way too long & I've been all over the place but I'll pop in - beer time! Mike

Crasherfromwayback
8th April 2015, 08:18
Been way too long & I've been all over the place but I'll pop in - beer time! Mike

Hahahaha...cheers Mike! Wondered where you'd got to! Great to see you've still got your harem of bikes. Beer any time for sure! Thanks for the kind words. Always a pleasure dealing with peeps like yourself.

Crasherfromwayback
8th April 2015, 09:20
All the best Pete and I will be in next week to say hello. Oh, no, no.. no need for a coffee. I'll bring a thermos.

Mark

Cheers Mark. Always good chewing the fat with you! Look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Flip
9th April 2015, 14:02
I am also sorry to hear about your plight. WMC has been a staple institutation for as long as I can remember.

I think I will be in Wtn late next week, I will drop in.

Crasherfromwayback
9th April 2015, 17:14
I am also sorry to hear about your plight. WMC has been a staple institutation for as long as I can remember.

I think I will be in Wtn late next week, I will drop in.

Cheers man! Come by close to closing time so I can offer you a beer instead of a coffee!

Crasherfromwayback
9th April 2015, 17:17
Wow Pete, bit of a surprise!

I never bought a bike of you but the stuff I DID buy through you was always the correct item, quick delivery AND a sharp price!

Proud to have met you, all the best.

EDIT: I'm just back from Aus and there seems to be shitloads of HDs being sold over there...just saying...

Hahahaha...cheers Scummy. Great to have met you too. Thought about crossing the ditch, but I've been there and done that. Not the right timing to do so again just now. Maybe in a year or two when Lisa (me girly friend) has finished her degree. But I'm sure you'll see me pop up somewhere...

Where will they be based? And what's the name of the new business?

Gear St Petone mate. Think they'll still be called Wellington Motorcycles.

scott411
9th April 2015, 18:38
sad to see it close down, when i was a rep it was a hard place to call on at times, but i took a heap of what I learnt their and put it into my own shop,

good luck with what ever you decide to do next Pete,

Crasherfromwayback
9th April 2015, 18:54
sad to see it close down, when i was a rep it was a hard place to call on at times, but i took a heap of what I learnt their and put it into my own shop,

good luck with what ever you decide to do next Pete,

Indeed mate. Were you calling there before my time? And cheers, looking forward to the next episode whatever that may be.

scumdog
9th April 2015, 20:50
Hahahaha...cheers Scummy. Great to have met you too. Thought about crossing the ditch, but I've been there and done that. Not the right timing to do so again just now. Maybe in a year or two when Lisa (me girly friend) has finished her degree. But I'm sure you'll see me pop up somewhere...

Oh, before you go Crasher, Mrs Scummy wants to know if there's any sharp deals on a low km Ultraglide Classic, the later the better...:msn-wink:

As said before, we have a couple of tatty H-Ds to trade...:laugh:

Crasherfromwayback
9th April 2015, 23:18
Oh, before you go Crasher, Mrs Scummy wants to know if there's any sharp deals on a low km Ultraglide Classic, the later the better...:msn-wink:

As said before, we have a couple of tatty H-Ds to trade...:laugh:

Sure is mate. Email me.

pmcdonald@wmcc.co.nz I'll send you pics and deets of what we have.

Cheers.

scott411
10th April 2015, 14:39
Indeed mate. Were you calling there before my time? And cheers, looking forward to the next episode whatever that may be.

i was a rep for northern's in 99/00 and called into to see the parts manager once a month, so most likely,

Crasherfromwayback
10th April 2015, 14:59
i was a rep for northern's in 99/00 and called into to see the parts manager once a month, so most likely,

Nah I was here then mate. Started Dec 94. Was in sales by then though rather than spares.

BuzzardNZ
10th April 2015, 19:28
Well Pete, I hope WMC gives you all one hell of a send off on the last day, you guys sure as hell deserve it.

P.S. what's going to happen to all those unsold Shorai's when the place closes down? :devil2:

Crasherfromwayback
10th April 2015, 20:10
Well Pete, I hope WMC gives you all one hell of a send off on the last day, you guys sure as hell deserve it.

:

Lol. Most of the current staff will be staying on mate. Only a couple of us not moving with them.

skippa1
10th April 2015, 21:09
Lol. Most of the current staff will be staying on mate. Only a couple of us not moving with them.
What is Clint doing?

BuzzardNZ
10th April 2015, 21:51

maybe not for a public forum, but FFS, what's wrong with them?. You've sold heaps and a fair few of mine have come from you. As I see it, you're their top salesman! Was it the coffee that did you in? ;)

Crasherfromwayback
10th April 2015, 23:06
What is Clint doing?

maybe not for a public forum, but FFS, what's wrong with them?. You've sold heaps and a fair few of mine have come from you. As I see it, you're their top salesman! Was it the coffee that did you in? ;)

Clint is Garry's son. He was always gonna be the one they kept on for sales. I've seen it coming over the last year or two. Yes I'm their top selling salesman. Have been for years. But that means nothing in the grand scale of things. And it worries me not. I'd expect nothing less.No hard feelings from my end. Time for a change is all.

husaberg
11th April 2015, 16:57
Clint is Garry's son. He was always gonna be the one they kept on for sales. I've seen it coming over the last year or two. Yes I'm their top selling salesman. Have been for years. But that means nothing in the grand scale of things. And it worries me not. I'd expect nothing less.No hard feelings from my end. Time for a change is all.

Is he a little younger and sexier than you too Pete........:laugh:
Bummer though I was hoping to call in for a roofieachinno next time I was up your way July I think.

Crasherfromwayback
11th April 2015, 17:02
Is he a little younger and sexier than you too Pete........:laugh:
Bummer though I was hoping to call in for a roofieachinno next time I was up your way July I think.

Younger yes. Sexier? Not possible mate! They be in Petone by July. Me...not sure where I'll be! May even head to CH CH if I can't find a home here.

husaberg
11th April 2015, 17:05
Younger yes. Sexier? Not possible mate! They be in Petone by July. Me...not sure where I'll be! May even head to CH CH if I can't find a home here.

Wellington birds are fitter must be all that walking up hills in high heels..........

Crasherfromwayback
11th April 2015, 17:43
Wellington birds are fitter must be all that walking up hills in high heels..........

Walking into 120kph wind gusts mate.

husaberg
11th April 2015, 18:14
Walking into 120kph wind gusts mate.

In skirts.........

eldog
12th April 2015, 22:03

Was in CHCH the other week for conference.
looks like some one ironed out the city centre.

I dont think we get the real story from the media (I no longer watch the news)

quite interesting to walk around the city.
Obviously a lot more work to be done there. Interested in how the centre would be redeveloped or would it become like Napier restricted in height etc.

The Isaac Theatre Royal is a real gem for CHCH - thats were the conference was based.

Tazz
12th April 2015, 23:12
Good luck au! Change is good.

Was in CHCH the other week for conference.
looks like some one ironed out the city centre.

I dont think we get the real story from the media (I no longer watch the news)

quite interesting to walk around the city.
Obviously a lot more work to be done there. Interested in how the centre would be redeveloped or would it become like Napier restricted in height etc.

The Isaac Theatre Royal is a real gem for CHCH - thats were the conference was based.

Good to hear some conferences are happening there again. We got a lot of business from those in the past. along with the rest of the city.

I'm out of the loop now but there were plans thrown around involving a limit of 3 stories, but a lot of developers were against it as it wouldn't give enough return to warrant building much. As it is now most of the small amount of rebuilding has been (hardly encouraged) private enterprise driven I think, council don't even have the dosh to cut the lawns, so I hope they change tune and do everything they can to entice more of it.
Massive opportunity to create a very exciting city or a big black hole.

Either way, good place to sell vehicles as insurance payouts are still coming and a lot of import tradies have cash to burn.

Smifffy
13th April 2015, 15:58
All the best for whatever you take on

DingoZ
10th June 2015, 04:38
Cheers Pete,

You were the reason I went to WMC. And you and the rest of the team are the reason I've stayed with WMC. Have appreciated the level of service provided to me over the years I have been a customer. Nothing was too much trouble, and you always had time for me. Here's hoping your next venture brings you success.

:Punk:

Cheers m8

MD
10th June 2015, 11:34
I was walking that way yesterday and had time so I could pop in to say hello to Pete. Bugger, was too late, they're gone.

What a sad look Kent Tce now has! One large empty, dark and sad store front greeted me where once it was a buzz with bikes out front, gleaming Harleys in the window and the ever present risk of being offered a questionable coffee from an even more questionable Bloke.

Bald Eagle
10th June 2015, 12:59
Goid luck for wherever you go Pete. Lets us know so we can come for coffee

caseye
10th June 2015, 18:45

Honurable General Sir. Are you out of your fucking Mind??? Coffee, from Crasher!
No,ooooooooooooooooooo.
Good luck Pete, don't stay away for too long aye.

Crasherfromwayback
10th June 2015, 19:02
Good luck au! Change is good.

Cheers man!

All the best for whatever you take on

Cheers!

Cheers Pete,

You were the reason I went to WMC. And you and the rest of the team are the reason I've stayed with WMC. Have appreciated the level of service provided to me over the years I have been a customer. Nothing was too much trouble, and you always had time for me. Here's hoping your next venture brings you success.

:Punk:

Cheers m8

Cheers mate. You've always been a total pleasure to deal with.

I was walking that way yesterday and had time so I could pop in to say hello to Pete. Bugger, was too late, they're gone.

What a sad look Kent Tce now has! One large empty, dark and sad store front greeted me where once it was a buzz with bikes out front, gleaming Harleys in the window and the ever present risk of being offered a questionable coffee from an even more questionable Bloke.

Yeah, the old store looks very sad eh! Courtenay Place/Kent Tce will never be the same ever again.

Honurable General Sir. Are you out of your fucking Mind??? Coffee, from Crasher!
No,ooooooooooooooooooo.
Good luck Pete, don't stay away for too long aye.

Still not sure where I'll end up just yet. I'm prob gonna head back to the future and help out at Boyle Kawasaki whilst I work out what I wanna do or where I wanna go. Would like to stay in the bike industry...but that may not be possible. Have a good customer that's talked to me about selling trucks. I can dig that. Cars no...trucks yes. Bikes too. Prob over 4 thousand of them in the time at WMCC.

But cheers to everyone for the kind words. It's the GC's that make the bike industry such fun to be involved in. If I don't see you in another bike shop...I'll see a lot of you out on the road or in the mud I'm sure!

Three more weeks to go at WMCC, out in their new store in Petone...then I'm on the loose!

All the best guys.

Pete

Swoop
10th June 2015, 20:31
No,ooooooooooooooooooo.

So, are you suggesting his move to Starbucks might be a bit premature?:devil2:

caseye
10th June 2015, 20:57
So, are you suggesting his move to Starbucks might be a bit premature?:devil2:

Barista Training with trainer wheels won't help Pete's coffee killing abilities.
Truthfully I've had more than one cup and I'm still alive.
Another Miracle!
To quote a particularly famous comedian as he lifted a glass of what purported to be water, which somehow became a top notch single malt as it came off the tray it had resided on.
Ever need a bed, bike or,Na find ya own woman, up here in Dorkland, just hollar.

Crasherfromwayback
10th June 2015, 20:59
Ever need a bed, bike or,Na find ya own woman, up here in Dorkland, just hollar.

Cheers mate! I have 7 bikes, and my current GF I intend to keep. A bed on the other hand... :headbang:

caseye
10th June 2015, 21:06
Cheers mate! I have 7 bikes, and my current GF I intend to keep. A bed on the other hand... :headbang:

Wot, just the one woman? and all those bikes! Noice work that is mate, nice. You're welcome any ol time.

Crasherfromwayback
10th June 2015, 21:23
Wot, just the one woman? and all those bikes! .

And she's a total keeper. Bikes can be replaced. :msn-wink:

husaberg
10th June 2015, 22:12
And she's a total keeper. Bikes can be replaced. :msn-wink:

If she's a keeper does that make you some kind of Zoo animal?:msn-wink:

jonnyk5614
19th June 2015, 15:36
I nipped in for some oil on my GSX 250 and was casually meandering round the GSXRs when nice guy offered me a coffee and took time for a chat, despite knowing I was from Auckland and had just rolled up on a cheapo 250.

Was a pleasure to chat - far more personable than any of the salesmen from Aucklandville I've encountered (they seem to have the uncanny ability to either size you up as a student with $20grand to spend or look down on you as an inconvenience when actually I had 6 (stretchable) k to part with!)...

So yeah, only met you once but will be a shame not to be able to drop by again when I'm back in the capital next week :(

All the best.

BuzzardNZ
19th June 2015, 18:25
I nipped in for some oil on my GSX 250 and was casually meandering round the GSXRs when nice guy offered me a coffee and took time for a chat, despite knowing I was from Auckland and had just rolled up on a cheapo 250.

Was a pleasure to chat - far more personable than any of the salesmen from Aucklandville I've encountered (they seem to have the uncanny ability to either size you up as a student with $20grand to spend or look down on you as an inconvenience when actually I had 6 (stretchable) k to part with!)...

So yeah, only met you once but will be a shame not to be able to drop by again when I'm back in the capital next week :(

All the best.

You're still posting after that coffee, so can't have been Pete you dealt with ;)

Crasherfromwayback
19th June 2015, 21:00

All the best.

Hah! Cheers mate! I'll be at their new store in Petone until the end of the month if you want another coffee. From there, I may well go and help out at Boyle Kawasaki for a bit. Back to the future perhaps.

You're still posting after that coffee, so can't have been Pete you dealt with ;)

You'll keep.

BuzzardNZ
19th June 2015, 21:05
You'll keep.

My next truck will be from you :)

Crasherfromwayback
19th June 2015, 22:01
My next truck will be from you :)

Lol. They haven't come back to me mate...so obviously don't love me.

jonnyk5614
20th June 2015, 00:00

There is a reason for tha - I don't drink coffee thus declined his kind offer.

Maha
20th June 2015, 09:48

Good move, he makes out the back and you don't want to know what he stirs it with.. :gob:

Swoop
1st July 2015, 21:50

"Some say"... that you can pour it into the crank-case if your oil is low. :shifty:

husaberg
1st July 2015, 21:53
"Some say"... that you can pour it into the crank-case if your oil is low. :shifty:

I heard it could be used to repair potholes in driveways. Some espouse it can weld concrete.

Crasherfromwayback
1st July 2015, 23:35
Is where I'm at now. It was the Boyle Bros that gave me my break in the motorcycle industry first up...back in 1987 I think it was. I was there until 1991. And so, I parked my tardis up and went back to the future.

I'm really enjoying being back there, it's very *casual* compared to my last 20 years. But I'll tell you what, it's fucking great to be back at a motorcycle shop that remembers what it is to *repair* or *make* things as compared to *replacing* things.

I'll get some coffee cups together and all will be good.

Hope to see you there.

Pete

Swoop
2nd July 2015, 09:28
That's fantastic Pete!! Excellent news indeed.

Moi
2nd July 2015, 09:32
Do I detect a man who wanders off to work in the morning whistling a happy tune (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4jKd8yepKE)?

If that's the case it's a bloody good feeling...

sidecar bob
2nd July 2015, 09:49
Great stuff Pete. Boyle's Should never underestimate the value that Andy Kippen gave them even to this day. It really got the name out there & whenever I hear the name I think of that absolutely pristine screaming GPZ sidechair!

HenryDorsetCase
2nd July 2015, 13:32
Is where I'm at now. It was the Boyle Bros that gave me my break in the motorcycle industry first up...back in 1987 I think it was. I was there until 1991. And so, I parked my tardis up and went back to the future.

I'm really enjoying being back there, it's very *casual* compared to my last 20 years. But I'll tell you what, it's fucking great to be back at a motorcycle shop that remembers what it is to *repair* or *make* things as compared to *replacing* things.

I'll get some coffee cups together and all will be good.

Hope to see you there.

Pete

Excellent. I bought bikes from them in and around that time period plus had servicing and whatnot done. Great guys and an excellent atmos which it sounds like they've kept.

Good luck with it: next time in Welly I will call in.

sugilite
2nd July 2015, 15:29

Hope to see you there.

Pete

Damn straight, they even hold parts in stock :thud:
Would not surprise me if you can still recall part numbers!
On ya :yes:

Crasherfromwayback
2nd July 2015, 17:39
Great stuff Pete. Boyle's Should never underestimate the value that Andy Kippen gave them even to this day. It really got the name out there & whenever I hear the name I think of that absolutely pristine screaming GPZ sidechair!

Gorgeous unit wannit! Remember it well.

Crasherfromwayback
2nd July 2015, 17:42
Excellent. I bought bikes from them in and around that time period plus had servicing and whatnot done. Great guys and an excellent atmos which it sounds like they've kept.

Good luck with it: next time in Welly I will call in.

Top show! I'm hoping to maybe get a few bike sales going again too. They've been too busy fixing stuff to be able to give it the time it needs.

Damn straight, they even hold parts in stock :thud:
Would not surprise me if you can still recall part numbers!
On ya :yes:

Lol. Mate, I can still remember a few part numbers for sure.

nodrog
2nd July 2015, 18:43
Gorgeous unit wannit! Remember it well.

You're a gorgeous unit.

Crasherfromwayback
2nd July 2015, 18:55
You're a gorgeous unit.

Lol. Thanks Big Boy! Looking good yourself.

BMWST?
2nd July 2015, 19:16
They are an actual Kawasaki dealer?

Crasherfromwayback
2nd July 2015, 19:43
They are an actual Kawasaki dealer?

Not for many years. Just couldn't be arsed changing their trading name.

jellywrestler
2nd July 2015, 19:52

another work of art from the Steve Roberts workshop

sidecar bob
2nd July 2015, 21:12

That's right, you were the swinger on it! And I know you know where it is. It must be re commissioned.

BMWST?
2nd July 2015, 21:33
Not for many years. Just couldn't be arsed changing their trading name.
thought so,might pop in and have a look around havent been in that shop for YEARS

Crasherfromwayback
2nd July 2015, 21:59

Sure is. So it's still floating around somewhere?

jellywrestler
2nd July 2015, 22:47
Sure is. So it's still floating around somewhere?

yip as last raced in 1995 although the motor was lent and the head never came back, few top level bikes still have there last coat of paint on em these days.

jellywrestler
2nd July 2015, 22:48
That's right, you were the swinger on it! And I know you know where it is. It must be re commissioned.

there's talk that way but andy's always playing with other things when back here. he lent the motor to colin brewere and never got the head back....

Crasherfromwayback
3rd July 2015, 07:36
there's talk that way but andy's always playing with other things when back here. he lent the motor to colin brewere and never got the head back....

That I'd LOVE to see. You may have to dust of ya leathers! And that's poor fucking form from Colin.

sidecar bob
3rd July 2015, 18:01

If it needs a head to finish I'd be happy to help.

jellywrestler
3rd July 2015, 18:28
That I'd LOVE to see. You may have to dust of ya leathers! And that's poor fucking form from Colin.
they've shrunk.....

If it needs a head to finish I'd be happy to help.

thanks but andy's got several zx10's of that era as his pet bike so it just needs a reason/time/motivation etc