PDA

View Full Version : Returning rider, Auckland North Shore (Jin)

Jin
6th April 2015, 09:02
Hi everyone I recently returned to riding after a long break since uni days. Got a CBR600RR which has been great fun. Already done about 6k kms over a period of a month I missed riding so much :)

fridayflash
6th April 2015, 10:03
welcome Jin

thats a fair effort..6k in a month, do you get to commute?

DamianW
6th April 2015, 10:33
G'day mate, cracking effort :up:

Jin
6th April 2015, 13:52
Thanks im not working at the moment so making the most of the weather and getting used to being back in the seat. Have been doing a lot of day trips out of auckland like matakana/leigh, kaipara, southhead, raglan, coro loop etc.

I have booked some pro rider courses as I have heard that returning riders feature highly in the accident stats. I only slid once when i previously used to ride which was 10 minutes after getting a new rear tire. Was specifically instructed to take it easy around corners but being young and stupid i thought it didnt apply to me :) Have proper gear this time around too full leathers. At 39 years old i feel a lot less invincible that in my younger days~!

If anyone on the shore is keen to join me for a ride let me know!

caseye
6th April 2015, 19:25
Welcome Jin, a few over thataways, the new tyre thing is most definitely NOT overated. Glad you survived it the first time.
Enjoy the site and don't, please, don't feed the trolls.

Fastmark
7th April 2015, 08:32
Welcome Jin
I suspect you found a few muscles you had forgotten about doing that sort of mileage, walking normally again yet;)

Jin
7th April 2015, 11:08
Welcome Jin
I suspect you found a few muscles you had forgotten about doing that sort of mileage, walking normally again yet;)
My ass is fully broken in now. Middle and ring fingers are still struggling tho. In the mornings they cramp up so have been soaking in hot water to loosen them up. Yeah im soft :)

fridayflash
7th April 2015, 22:47
My ass is fully broken in now. Middle and ring fingers are still struggling tho. In the mornings they cramp up so have been soaking in hot water to loosen them up. Yeah im soft :)

not soft jin, just honest! lol i take it you mean sore fingers on clutch hand? in the dirtbike world some guys fit rekluse clutches (centrufugal) now thats soft :devil2:

Gadget1
8th April 2015, 17:18
Thanks im not working at the moment so making the most of the weather and getting used to being back in the seat. Have been doing a lot of day trips out of auckland like matakana/leigh, kaipara, southhead, raglan, coro loop etc.

I have booked some pro rider courses as I have heard that returning riders feature highly in the accident stats. I only slid once when i previously used to ride which was 10 minutes after getting a new rear tire. Was specifically instructed to take it easy around corners but being young and stupid i thought it didnt apply to me :) Have proper gear this time around too full leathers. At 39 years old i feel a lot less invincible that in my younger days~!

If anyone on the shore is keen to join me for a ride let me know!

Hi Jin

I'm in a similar situation to you regarding work currently and am in your neck of the woods.

Have you ridden State Highway 16 to Wellsford? Perhaps we could tee up a ride sometime.

Jin
8th April 2015, 17:29
not soft jin, just honest! lol i take it you mean sore fingers on clutch hand? in the dirtbike world some guys fit rekluse clutches (centrufugal) now thats soft :devil2:
Yes my clutch hand. It hasnt had as much work as my right hand it seems lol

Hi Jin

I'm in a similar situation to you regarding work currently and am in your neck of the woods.

Have you ridden State Highway 16 to Wellsford? Perhaps we could tee up a ride sometime.
I have done S16 a few times now. Its a great stretch of road. A nice trip i have taken is through matakana / leigh / wellsford / S16. I'll send you a PM to tee something up.

Tazz
8th April 2015, 17:35

Other than the part where they have to accelerate downhill to disengage it :laugh:

The End
8th April 2015, 18:23
Yes my clutch hand. It hasnt had as much work as my right hand it seems lol

I have done S16 a few times now. Its a great stretch of road. A nice trip i have taken is through matakana / leigh / wellsford / S16. I'll send you a PM to tee something up.

Keen to tag along if possible - Honda gathering - I'm free most Fridays or on weekends

Gadget1
8th April 2015, 18:50
Keen to tag along if possible - Honda gathering - I'm free most Fridays or on weekends

Heh, waddaya mean "Honda gathering"?!?

The End
8th April 2015, 19:03
Heh, waddaya mean "Honda gathering"?!?

Got confused and could've sworn it said you were on a Honda too

Gadget1
8th April 2015, 19:17
Got confused and could've sworn it said you were on a Honda too

Lol, no problem.

It's starting to stack up for a group ride though. We'll be needing to look at the group riding "rules" if there's any more takers...

Jin
8th April 2015, 20:15
Absolutely welcome! I can do Fridays or Sundays.

Lol, no problem.

It's starting to stack up for a group ride though. We'll be needing to look at the group riding "rules" if there's any more takers...
Ive never ridden in a group so unsure what the rules are. Starting points and top speed? If anyone has a radar they would be most welcome! Ive already got a ticket and would like to avoid more of them :)

Gadget1
8th April 2015, 20:37
Absolutely welcome! I can do Fridays or Sundays.

Ive never ridden in a group so unsure what the rules are. Starting points and top speed? If anyone has a radar they would be most welcome! Ive already got a ticket and would like to avoid more of them :)

Sunday's looking much better weather wise and just kidding about the group ride rules plus I'm not into riding fast.

What's a good time for you The End at for example, Caltex Albany Mercari way?

Jin
11th April 2015, 19:27
Keen for a ride tomorrow if the weather is good. Im free all day so can do a short or long ride.

Gadget1
11th April 2015, 19:37
I just checked the weather, it's looking ok.

Meet up where and when?

Gadget1
11th April 2015, 19:59
My wife has just reminded me of something I completely forgot about. Maybe another time.

Jin
12th April 2015, 09:25
Hey no problem Gadget1. I usually head out around 10am most days so whenever suits you :thumbsup: