PDA

View Full Version : Hey Nice to met ya

Justice
29th January 2004, 11:44
Hi everyone. learnt to ride in Whitemans valley in Upper Hutt! And practiced my leans up blue mountains hill (a great ride). My familys big on bikes, attending Harley Davidson and Indian rallys all over the country.

I've just brought a CBX 250, got it in wellington the rode up the north island to Auckland! Not the smoothest of rides as it's a high rever!
Comute to work each day and it's great. I prefer crusing and am thinking of a marauder in the future.

I'm studing art as well as part time work and gonna respray the tank and try my hand at some designs.

Nice site!

Hitcher
29th January 2004, 12:00
Welcome Justice

I know well the Blue Mountains road -- some rather tight corners here, very exciting in the wet and frost, Woo hoo! Anybody who grew up with and mastered this piece of road can (IMHO) rightly claim to be an adept and proficient biker.

Mrs Hitcher rides a VZ800K3 Marauder. A very plush and rewarding ride it is too (I have to watch out for front pegs on the ground when cornering).

Zed
29th January 2004, 18:33
Hi everyone. learnt to ride in Whitemans valley in Upper Hutt! And practiced my leans up blue mountains hill (a great ride). My familys big on bikes, attending Harley Davidson and Indian rallys all over the country.

I've just brought a CBX 250, got it in wellington the rode up the north island to Auckland! Not the smoothest of rides as it's a high rever!
Comute to work each day and it's great. I prefer crusing and am thinking of a marauder in the future.

I'm studing art as well as part time work and gonna respray the tank and try my hand at some designs.

Nice site!
Hi there Justice,

It's nice to meet you too!

Looking forward to hearing more about your riding experiences. ;)

Zed

wkid_one
29th January 2004, 18:50
Welcome Justice

I know the Blue Mountains road -- some rather tight corners here, very exciting in the wet and frost, Woo hoo! Anybody who grew up with and mastered this piece of road can (IMHO) rightly claim to be an adept and proficient biker.

Mrs Hitcher rides a VZ800K3 Marauder. A very plush and rewarding ride it is too (I have to watch out for front pegs on the ground when cornering).
Heya Justice

Whitemans Valley was my playground also. Lived in Kingsley Heights - used to up through Mangaroa Hill then through the valley down to the bottom of Blue Mountains road and turn around and go back......

When I was in college/varsity we used to race that road.....stupidly of course (in a car) from Bottom of Blue Mountains to Bottom of Wallaceville Hill.

Was gr8 on the R1....however they have let the valley go to rack and ruin lately with pot holes in the WORST place for bikes - esp through the bottom end between Jacksons Rd and Katherine Mansfield.

Blue Mountains Rd itself isn't as bad now that they have scarfed the banks out on some of the worse corners - meaning you can now see around.....

R1 loved that road....except gradient meant it didn't have enough weight of front. Only problem is it hold the moisture due to being shaded.

Another gr8 road for you Justice is Moonshine Rd if you like the windies....this was just behind my parents house - now this is a wicked peice of road - however only 1.5 lanes with NO whitelines - so it is a careful punt - some HELL corners tho.

Both wicked roads - absolutely loved it

wari
30th January 2004, 07:25
Hye Howdidleedoodlee :wavey:

riffer
30th January 2004, 07:45
Oooo... Moonshine Road. The drop off on those corners is a bit of a worry wkid. Not too sure if I'd punt my bike up that road.

For those who don't know the road picture the Rimutakas with roads twice as twisty, half as wide, and next to no fences a fair bit of the way.

Justice
30th January 2004, 09:44
Yeah the valley was lots of fun. I used to thrash an old Datsun round there. Spun out and pulled a 360 going down that hill once ( not that I'm proud of it or anything ).

Been of the bank twice on my old MB 100 and slid 50 metres down hill! Those were the days. Not that I'm a hoon or anything! Hey I was 17 ok!

Hitcher
30th January 2004, 10:01
Oooo... Moonshine Road

My recollection is that the top end of this road (the Judgeford end) is unsealed... Or was I halucinating??

merv
30th January 2004, 11:10
My recollection is that the top end of this road (the Judgeford end) is unsealed... Or was I halucinating??

Been sealed right through for about 10 years now.

Hitcher
30th January 2004, 11:34
Been sealed right through for about 10 years now.
Phew, that's OK... It's over 10 years since I last went through there...

What?
30th January 2004, 12:16
Welcome Justice

I know well the Blue Mountains road -- some rather tight corners here, very exciting in the wet and frost, Woo hoo! Anybody who grew up with and mastered this piece of road can (IMHO) rightly claim to be an adept and proficient biker.
I did, but I don't.
Just young and stupid.