PDA

View Full Version : I'm a better rider than you-oo, na na na na na

Fatt Max
3rd May 2015, 17:53
I honestly cant understand this sentiment, I really cant....

Having stopped associating with a bunch of snobby, self righteous and fucking dickbrain people who happen to ride bikes, I have taken a step back and wondered why I ever bothered in the first place. This was their attitude to riding, if you were not of their 'standard' or 'skills', then you were not allowed on the road.

Now I am all for riding with people who are not out there to ride like idiots and be a danger to me, other riders and themselves, but increasingly I am seeing a clicky-ness creep into groups of riders who simply think they have the right to lord themselves over everybody else. This goes for new riders who would benefit from their knowledge rather than be discriminated for wearing an L plate.

I bet I'll get unfriended over this......awwww......

nodrog
3rd May 2015, 18:04
Yeah those Nass rides are pretty tough alright.

george formby
3rd May 2015, 18:16
Are you talking about those riders who blame their tires, road surface, suspender tension, lunch, underwear etc for kicking the pedestal out from beneath them?
How impertinent.

Maha
3rd May 2015, 18:28
We don't (and haven't for years) taken part in group rides that I haven't organised myself, for no other reason than who I/we wish to associate with.
Went on a few group rides early on, and there was always an element (very small) of what you are saying Mark. But hand on heart, most of the spirited riders on those early rides were good fun to be around after the fact. One ride = two bins another ride = three bins, I figured out soon enough that, that trend was set to continue. Not for me.

I have put together many group rides since those early days on here and not ONE *accident. Not a lot of organisation to be honest, just point out a start/finish spot and they were pretty much a free for all ride. Without exception, all Riders showed respect.

Over the past several years, the rides that I have put together have been nothing short of enjoyable. Some very quick riders have signed up and not once did any of them come across as superior. One or two (n00bs) have come along wanting more than what they are use to, they just get the message that maybe the rides are not for them, or words to that effect.

*BMW V Cow doesn't count, both bike/rider and cow lived to tell the their mates about it.

Voltaire
3rd May 2015, 18:42
Then there are the groups that wont let you come unless you have " intercoms" :nya:

Last group ride I went on I fell off.... no one even stopped.....other than the bloke with the trailer... that's Taupo for ya :innocent:

bogan
3rd May 2015, 18:55
People like to stroke it, not really news. If it bothers you, take the piss; if it doesn't bother you, same deal...

We don't (and haven't for years) taken part in group rides that I haven't organised myself, for no other reason than who I/we wish to associate with.
Went on a few group rides early on, and there was always an element (very small) of what you are saying Mark. But hand on heart, most of the spirited riders on those early rides were good fun to be around after the fact. One ride = two bins another ride = three bins, I figured out soon enough that, that trend was set to continue. Not for me.

I have put together many group rides since those early days on here and not ONE *accident. Not a lot of organisation to be honest, just point out a start/finish spot and they were pretty much a free for all ride. Without exception, all Riders showed respect.

Over the past several years, the rides that I have put together have been nothing short of enjoyable. Some very quick riders have signed up and not once did any of them come across as superior. One or two (n00bs) have come along wanting more than what they are use to, they just get the message that maybe the rides are not for them, or words to that effect.

*BMW V Cow doesn't count, both bike/rider and cow lived to tell the their mates about it.

Translation...

"I'm a better group rider organiser than you-oo, na na na na na......."

gjm
3rd May 2015, 18:58
Having met some people with this kind of attitude, my response was to look thoroughly dejected and agree with them.

And ride my 20 year old GS1000 'round the outside of them on their new shiny hyperbike...

I've grown up since then, and now just let them get on with it.

Swoop
3rd May 2015, 18:58
Now I am all for riding with people who are not out there to ride like idiots...
Sorry Max. Guess I'll have to catch ya later...:shifty:

Nah, seriously. KB should have taught a lot of people to ride either by yourself (preferred option) or with another tried & tested psychopath who matches your riding style and head-space/attitude.

JATZ
3rd May 2015, 19:35
What Swoop said... Ride by yourself :yes: Go where you want, at a time that suits. Stop for a smoke/drink/pie when ever you feel like it. and go home when you feel like it :D

Works for me...:niceone:

iYRe
3rd May 2015, 22:28
I agree with Maha.

I dont have time for dickheads, I only have a certain amount of hours I can ride for pleasure in, and I'll spend that with people who arent idiots.

mossy1200
3rd May 2015, 23:21
Im so slow nobody will ride with me anyway.:baby:

unstuck
4th May 2015, 08:08
Went on a group ride once, gave a guy a smack in the mouth for laughing at my bike and gear. Got told not to bother coming on another one. :cry::cry:

Most bikers are dicks anyway, so no huge loss. :innocent:

Paul in NZ
4th May 2015, 08:12
I wanted to go on a ride once but I didn't have the right bike.... Those HOG guys and gals are pretty picky...

nodrog
4th May 2015, 08:34
But what if they are better than you? Can you just not suck it up and except it? Maybe if you Hung around you might learn something useful.

Grubber
4th May 2015, 08:58
I used to do many group rides and after a while i just got plain sick of them.
Changed a few ride mates and got a small group that i was comfortable with as was the rest of them.
You either get those that "wanna be", thos that "can be but don't" or those that just "never gonna be"
I tended to ride with those that "can be but don't". They tend to know how to ride but keep things under control out on the highway.
No accidents so far.

swarfie
4th May 2015, 09:27
I wanted to go on a ride once but I didn't have the right bike.... Those HOG guys and gals are pretty picky...

Yep, a mate of my Dad's changed brand so he could fit in with the piggy riders..."WTF were you thinking" we asked him?...but then he's always been one of those blokes that whatever bike he currently owns is ALWAYS the best motorcycle ever invented:brick:.
It lasted about 12 months before he realised he'd fecked up and went and bought a Guzzi instead.

Maha
4th May 2015, 09:52

Not so unusual Paul, 250 cruiser rider was NOT allowed to ride with Harley mates UNTIL a Harley was bought.

Fatt Max
4th May 2015, 10:00
Its not so much people falling over on group rides. The Fat Bikers have been doing group rides since 2010 and not a single bin. The problem was the clicky attitudes of some of the people who used to ride with us. Rubbish like not talking to new folk because they didnt feel they should have to being 'core members' and all that caper. It used to really get up my hooter did that attitude....and who the feck gave these nobends the title 'core members....???'
We did have a few aresholes that turned up for rides and were just nasty people, they were shown the door.
Then along came the Facebook page and it turned some of the riders into a bunch of snotty little kids. Thankfully when the page was closed a lot of these twats got all upset and now dont ride with us anymore......what a result.
I am now happy to ride with a quality bunch of good people who are out for a laugh and the enjoyment of riding as a group of mates. That really is my point here, not getting the clicky, snobby and pathetic attitudes that creep into some biker groups, especially the 'im a better rider than you' set.

Fatt Max
4th May 2015, 10:04
No so unusual Paul, 250 cruiser rider was NOT allowed to ride with Harley mates UNTIL a Harley was bought.

I was riding a 250 cruiser and was told that I was not allowed on 'certain rides' with some of these FBMC core members. My bike was not powerful enough and maybe my riding skills were not up to scratch. One of these had only been riding for a year but had a nice posh bike...happy that I dont have to associate with him again.

......or is it because I is fat.....?

Snobbery that should only be reserved for golf clubs

nodrog
4th May 2015, 10:17
Core members? Yeah right, like any of you fat cunts have eaten an apple.

Fatt Max
4th May 2015, 10:25
Core members? Yeah right, like any of you fat cunts have eaten an apple.

Ive eaten heaps....ok they were on a stick and covered in toffee...personally I prefer the battered ones

ajturbo
4th May 2015, 10:45
i just wish my bike had an engine that was in one piece... so i could ride it..:brick::brick:

Swoop
4th May 2015, 11:00
No so unusual Paul, 250 cruiser rider was NOT allowed to ride with Harley mates UNTIL a Harley was bought.
Bugger. Could he just wear some HD g-string undies and some arse-less HD trousers in the meantime, just to show his brand keenness?

I know a chap who rides with the litre bike boys, but doesn't have a litre bike. Fuck knows how he can show his face.:devil2::cool:

My bike was not powerful enough and maybe my riding skills were not up to scratch.
Or was it that you didn't offer the official "secret pie handshake"?

neels
4th May 2015, 11:00
I used to go on organised group rides, but over time for reasons various the nature of the rides and the people involved changed, in the end I gave it away as it was no longer fun.

Now I just ride with people I know who don't give a shit what your bike is or how flash your gear is, and are happy to live and let live.

As far as the thread title goes, everyone is a better rider than me, so that bit never bothered me anyway.

TheDemonLord
4th May 2015, 11:06
I went on one Fat bikers ride once - it was delicious.

Maha
4th May 2015, 11:09
I used to go on organised group rides, but over time for reasons various the nature of the rides and the people involved changed, in the end I gave it away as it was no longer fun.

Now I just ride with people I know who don't give a shit what your bike is or how flash your gear is, and are happy to live and let live.

As far as the thread title goes, everyone is a better rider than me, so that bit never bothered me anyway.

I got passed by a chick on a Repsol once.....bitch! however, we have caught up with Gina recently, lives close by etc, she is such a lovely.

NB: It's only happened once :shifty:

awa355
4th May 2015, 13:30
Went on a group ride once, gave a guy a smack in the mouth for laughing at my bike and gear. Got told not to bother coming on another one. :cry::cry:

Most bikers are dicks anyway, so no huge loss. :innocent:

Yea, I heard the local hoons down that way can be a mean bunch. You Shudna worn ya sisters pink gumboots. :innocent::innocent:
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/Untitled%20picture_5.jpg

george formby
4th May 2015, 14:53
I wouldn't go for a ride with the jerk in the middle. He's nobbled his mates kill switch.

Maha
4th May 2015, 15:00
I wouldn't go for a ride with the jerk in the middle. He's nobbled his mates kill switch.

I knew a guy who killed his mates nobble switch.... wasn't pretty.

Flip
4th May 2015, 15:39
At the lights I once got the keys out of Spanky's LC and rode off with them.

It's a human condition to form groups and exclude anyone percieved to be diferent. Are we really that biggoted?

Banditbandit
4th May 2015, 16:04
At the lights I once got the keys out of Spanky's LC and rode off with them.

It's a human condition to form groups and exclude anyone percieved to be diferent. Are we really that biggoted?

Obviously. Just look at the amount of exclusion occurring in this thread ..

Maha
4th May 2015, 16:28
Where group rides are concerned (on here primarily) perception starts soon after the very mention of the idea. It was the norm that by the end of page one of a ride thread, that it was probably a good idea to stay away from the ride.

One ride attended was really well organised, a lot of bike's (70 odd) but a good ride, our first group ride from memory? some very fast riders. There was no crap and everyone had a blast.
Another ride was a complete and utter cluster fuck from the get go.
Our third and last group ride was big with a couple of bins and not a lot of organisation, it fragmented quickly and some of the slower riders had little idea of where to go..
I learned a lot from those early rides, of what not to do mostly.

If you're inviting people to attend something you have arranged, be organised, but don't even attempt to organise them. People are like sheep, and who do the sheep hate? the one barking at them.

Moi
4th May 2015, 16:55

You mean the one with the punk haircut and pink gumboots...

or is it pink haircut and punk gumboots?

Gadget1
4th May 2015, 17:03
Obviously. Just look at the amount of exclusion occurring in this thread ..

Typical! You Banditbandit, Anarchic Wild Child, Bay of Plenty types are so commenty...

Ender EnZed
4th May 2015, 18:12
Not so unusual Paul, 250 cruiser rider was NOT allowed to ride with Harley mates UNTIL a Harley was bought.

Sorted.

http://i.imgur.com/B4mJtek.jpg

sidecar bob
4th May 2015, 18:22
I'm a bit of a Lone Ranger. Group rides make you look gay while you are riding & even gayer when you stop for lunch. Just because someone prefers to own a bike similar to mine doesn't make him an instant chum like it seems to when you own a Harley. I'd rather just bugger off exploring with the missus on the back.
I cringe when I see a bunch of over prepared fashion faggots rock up to a cafe for a latte all following the chap in the hi viz.

Maha
4th May 2015, 18:35
I'd rather just bugger off exploring with the missus on the back.

That's where we're at now also, when it pleases us, we will get the bike out and go somewhere.

Mike.Gayner
4th May 2015, 18:43
Soooooo....am I the only one who equally enjoys solo riding, riding with the wife, and riding in groups? I've been in loads of great group rides with varying levels of organisation. Met some really awesome people, done a track day with them recently. Sometimes I can't be arsed and would rather go at my own pace (way faster than some, way slower than others) or just cruise around some beaches with the missus.

Brett
4th May 2015, 18:45
I started finding it easier to go for rides on my own a long time ago, or at least small rides with blokes I know well. In the earlier days, mid to late 2000's, there were some hair raising rides. I found that as I got older, I wasn't really keen on that style of road riding anymore. As it stands, I only own a Moto X bike these days, another road bike will probably come soon (new R1-M is tempting), but even then...will be pretty tight on who I would ride with.

sidecar bob
4th May 2015, 18:59
I've noticed that people that essentially spend the day alone, such as truck drivers & machine operators tend to ride in groups on the weekend, while people that are dealing with the public all day tend to ride alone. Frankly, by the weekend, I'm all peopled out & prefer some "own time" with my best mate.

neels
4th May 2015, 19:07
Just because someone prefers to own a bike similar to mine doesn't make him an instant chum like it seems to when you own a Harley.
Yep, never got that either, in fact a reasonable percentage of the people that own a bike of the same make as mine look down their nose at me. Fortunately I don't give a shit so it's all good.

I'd rather just bugger off exploring with the missus on the back.
I do this a lot, usually a good relaxing day out, that quite often starts with missus telling me we need to get the bike out and go for a ride. My wife is awesome :love:

That's where we're at now also, when it pleases us, we will get the bike out and go somewhere.
The less planning involved, the more you can make it up as you go along, and do what you feel like without being obligated to anyone else. This I like.

Soooooo....am I the only one who equally enjoys solo riding, riding with the wife, and riding in groups?
Nope, I like all of the above, I just happen to pick and choose when, where, and with whom.

caseye
4th May 2015, 19:11
i just wish my bike had an engine that was in one piece... so i could ride it..:brick::brick:

Hey, where the bloody hell have ewe been?
Get it sorted mate, and lets go.

nodrog
4th May 2015, 20:43
......I cringe when I see a bunch of over prepared fashion faggots rock up to a cafe for a latte all following the chap in the hi viz.

Dude it was a soy double mocha chino, and I wasn't following him he just arrived before me.

Banditbandit
5th May 2015, 12:22
Typical! You Banditbandit, Anarchic Wild Child, Bay of Plenty types are so commenty...

I'm sure you an do better than that ...

Gadget1
5th May 2015, 13:15
I'm sure you an do better than that ...

Right back at ya Bandito...

Banditbandit
5th May 2015, 13:20
Right back at ya Bandito...

2/10 ... that's worse ...

Gadget1
5th May 2015, 13:27
2/10 ... that's worse ...

So, that means your reply to my first post was 2/10 as well.

Banditbandit
5th May 2015, 14:47
So, that means your reply to my first post was 2/10 as well.

No - silly pathetic game .. not interested ..

Gadget1
5th May 2015, 15:02
No - silly pathetic game .. not interested ..

Fair enough.

ruaphu
5th May 2015, 15:50
Frankly, by the weekend, I'm all peopled out & prefer some "own time" with my best mate.

Yep same here and typically wound like a spring too.

Wifey and i get out n about together at every opportunity to unwind, clear thy heads and jus focus on the road ahead. The best medicine by far.

As for groups, meh, take it or leave it, mood dependent on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruaphu
5th May 2015, 15:58

Yep.

We were out on decent longhaul day ride n stopped for a feed in ole Whanganui last weekend. A bunch HOG peoples turned up on their blinged out and modded cruisers. In all honesty there was some awesome rides there for the oogling too.

Having had the displeasure of meeting other HOG groups over the years wondered how they'd perform and commented to wife, "this i'll be fun"

Yep true to form in less than 23 seconds these tradmarked HD emblazoned knuckle draggin pack mentality goons started on our lone metric cruiser with the usual dumb arsed, neandertolic childish churlish comments. We promptly left leaving these road king cocks to stroke their wookies.

What is it with HOG peoples? Does HD churn these brainless knuckle draggin drones out by the dozen or somit!??!

All i can say is "fuck em, I'm off for a ride"

Jin
5th May 2015, 17:37
I raced a ganglord lookalike on his over chromed HD in South Auckland. Beat him everytime. On a gay little Honda no less. He wasnt happy :lol:

awa355
5th May 2015, 19:25
Yep true to form in less than 23 seconds these tradmarked HD emblazoned knuckle draggin pack mentality goons started on our lone metric cruiser with the usual dumb arsed, neandertolic childish churlish comments. We promptly left leaving these road king cocks to stroke their wookies.

What is it with HOG peoples? Does HD churn these brainless knuckle draggin drones out by the dozen or somit!??!

At least you had a big cruiser to ride away on. I had a wee set to with a couple of knuckleheads at Pirongia, pulled up on my 100cc 2 stroke scooter and went in to get a pie or such like, got a couple of derogatory comments, so threw a couple back. Was only my 'advanced' years that stopped things from getting nasty. I asked the younger turkey where they came from, "cruised out from Hammy old fella". I was on my way home from a 200+k ride. Just left them to it.

Maha
5th May 2015, 19:32
Yep.

We were out on decent longhaul day ride n stopped for a feed in ole Whanganui last weekend. A bunch HOG peoples turned up on their blinged out and modded cruisers. In all honesty there was some awesome rides there for the oogling too.

Having had the displeasure of meeting other HOG groups over the years wondered how they'd perform and commented to wife, "this i'll be fun"

Does this sound about right?

Harley Rider = Big grey/orange mustache (grey because of his age and orange because he still smokes Park Drive)
The leather vest/jacket with 856 badges attached from the 856 events he has attended over the years.
Can’t miss the Lion Red induced waistline hanging over the faux bull denim jeans which barely covers the 1970’s etched Tan leather cowboy boots.

ruaphu
5th May 2015, 20:08

Harley Rider = Big grey/orange mustache (grey because of his age and orange because he still smokes Park Drive)
The leather vest/jacket with 856 badges attached from the 856 events he has attended over the years.
Can’t miss the Lion Red induced waistline hanging over the faux bull denim jeans which barely covers the 1970’s etched Tan leather cowboy boots.

Hahahaha yep nice one, bang on the money, lol

caseye
6th May 2015, 21:31
At least you had a big cruiser to ride away on. I had a wee set to with a couple of knuckleheads at Pirongia, pulled up on my 100cc 2 stroke scooter and went in to get a pie or such like, got a couple of derogatory comments, so threw a couple back. Was only my 'advanced' years that stopped things from getting nasty. I asked the younger turkey where they came from, "cruised out from Hammy old fella". I was on my way home from a 200+k ride. Just left them to it.

With one or two noted exceptions I've always experienced the same thing from Hardly riders.
They're too damned stupid to know to shut their mouths.
Even having said that I've stopped and offered assistance to many HD riders, more than any other sort of bike too when I think about it.

WNJ
7th May 2015, 02:52
I ride by my self cause I have a slow bike

george formby
7th May 2015, 10:54

Yeah, him and his cuz live around here somewhere. Always scowling when they are riding. I think that may have something to do with open face helmets and insects rather than personality.
Considering how individual and uncommunicative riding a bike is, group rides are a bit silly unless the destination is more important than the journey. I only enjoy stopping for petrol.

Banditbandit
7th May 2015, 11:14
I ride by my self cause I have a slow bike

The go fast thingy is in your right hand ...

Banditbandit
7th May 2015, 11:15
. I only enjoy stopping for petrol.

Yeah me too ... from Wellington home - one stop at Shannon, another at Rotorua - that's it ..

Maha
7th May 2015, 11:41
Considering how individual and uncommunicative riding a bike is, group rides are a bit silly unless the destination is more important than the journey. I only enjoy stopping for petrol.

On our L's Angles rides, one group would elect not to stop as often as what was set out, which everyone was cool with, contrary to popular belief, the rides were pretty casual and the focus was on both the destination and the getting. Another group would go a totally different way at one point (on the Cape Rides) ... one of the earlier group rides we went the lunch stop was about two hours, that's how long it took to feed everyone, hated that kind of shit.

Laava
7th May 2015, 18:00
On our L's Angles rides, one group would elect not to stop as often as what was set out, which everyone was cool with, contrary to popular belief, the rides were pretty casual and the focus was on both the destination and the getting. Another group would go a totally different way at one point (on the Cape Rides) ... one of the earlier group rides we went the lunch stop was about two hours, that's how long it took to feed everyone, hated that kind of shit.

The worst thing I found was stopping to take a photo and then someone lights up a smoke. 10sec break turns into ten minutes.

Maha
7th May 2015, 19:35
The worst thing I found was stopping to take a photo and then someone lights up a smoke. 10sec break turns into ten minutes.

Regroup can also mean, turn bike off, take jacket off, lay on the ground and light a smoke.

The most memorable ciggy stop was when a bike ran over a old shirt that had human shit in it, the shirt ended up tangled around the chain/rear sprocket.....such fun!

Kickaha
7th May 2015, 19:59

Not for me it doesn't, fuck waiting for smokers

98tls
7th May 2015, 21:16
Group rides certainly are not what they used to be eh,as for riding with a group fuck that awhile back i was silly enough to attend one with the intention of helping to raise money for a very good cause,sadly it turned out as i thought it would though i did save a life in that i grabbed the brake lever to let the cock on the screaming Sporty get in front of me before the approaching very tight bend,funny as fuck really as he had spent quite some time getting to the point that he was as in right beside me but the Sporty just had no more:pinch:

skippa1
7th May 2015, 23:00
Regroup can also mean, turn bike off, take jacket off, lay on the ground and light a smoke.

The most memorable ciggy stop was when a bike ran over a old shirt that had human shit in it, the shirt ended up tangled around the chain/rear sprocket.....such fun!
That was my shirt, dont spose you managed to untangle it without ripping it? If so can you give it a wash and send it back?

awa355
8th May 2015, 01:23
A bit like the story of a chap I know working on a new cow shed late at night some 40 years ago. Went out the back to have a much needed dump, took down his work overalls, squatted down, all was good until he stood up and pulled the overalls up. Had crapped on the inside of his collar:weep::weep::weep:

Laava
8th May 2015, 07:05

Exactly, that is what a regroup is for. I was talking about a photo stop, on some roads there are a few such as coro, matauri loop, forgotten world etc.

ajturbo
8th May 2015, 07:12
Hey, where the bloody hell have ewe been?
Get it sorted mate, and lets go.

Yeah... getting a bit depressed about not having the bike going...:weep:

so i may just go and race all weekend instead:first::second::baby:

Maha
8th May 2015, 07:16
That was my shirt, dont spose you managed to untangle it without ripping it? If so can you give it a wash and send it back?

All we had was the female equivalent of the Swiss Army knife, I let the owner of the bike do most of the cutting.. :niceone:

george formby
8th May 2015, 10:28
I think the "cigarette" comments highlight the OP's point perfectly. I've noticed smart phones taking over from gaspers lately, though.

Teh thing I noticed and enjoyed about your rides Maha was the communication and preparation. Destination, check. Route, check. Mop up riders, check. Breaks, check. Have a nice day y'all.

Banditbandit
8th May 2015, 10:50

Not for me it doesn't, fuck waiting for smokers

One group I rode with used to get annoyed because a few of us would sudden disappear over the horizon ...

But we were timing it so we got to the regroup/stop point to have a fag and be ready to go when the rest of the group arrived ...

Fatt Max
8th May 2015, 11:03
I've noticed smart phones taking over from gaspers lately, though.

Just the sort of folk I used to ride with but dont bother with now. Remember when you stopped for a leg stratch and had a chat. Nope, these idiots would pull out the smart pones, update their Facebok statu's and then add 'likes' to all the others (so as not to upset anybody). They would actually talk to each other on Facebook.....Cnuts....

....and then take photos of their food and put it on Facebook, I mean thats just....well, I dunno.....

Like riding with a bunch of twatty teenage girls with a One Direction fixation.

Mike.Gayner
8th May 2015, 12:02
Just the sort of folk I used to ride with but dont bother with now. Remember when you stopped for a leg stratch and had a chat. Nope, these idiots would pull out the smart pones, update their Facebok statu's and then add 'likes' to all the others (so as not to upset anybody). They would actually talk to each other on Facebook.....Cnuts....

....and then take photos of their food and put it on Facebook, I mean thats just....well, I dunno.....

I've never experienced anything like this. I get the feeling you're a hyper sensitive old man who gets upset the moment someone pulls out one of these new fangled techno-phones.

Reckless
8th May 2015, 12:24

Wtf has upset you this time Maxxy. It seems to follow you? First post 5th than this on the 8th so its surly a sore point?? :mad:

You state above used to ride with so why not just move on and enjoy the company you keep now? :chase:

I've ridden with lots of groups including yours, Maha and mom in the past, Heaps of the MX boys, and prob a few others road and dirt that I dont know who they are on KB?
My bike is my "happy place" and avoid people who might fuck that up BUT I've never fallen out with anybody or group (as far as I know)???

WTF is all the Drama about mate, surly posting this sort of crap on here just creates more Drama.
I know you and like you, will ride with you anytime (if this post doesn't fuck you off) but I don't get this shit???
My opinion straight from the hip as always :ar15:

pretty simple rule I live by :) :drinknsin

"other peoples shit, is other peoples shit, don't take on their shit and make it your shit"

george formby
8th May 2015, 13:02
I've never experienced anything like this. I get the feeling you're a hyper sensitive old man who gets upset the moment someone pulls out one of these new fangled techno-phones.

I manage to have a quick fag while I'm looking for my phone.

awa355
8th May 2015, 13:09

Well I happen to agree with you. Riders who stop then tie on a bib before pulling out their phone and start dribbling into it do nothing for me. Leave Te Awamutu to ride to Kawhia and they are punching start and destinations onto the screen. It aint hard to learn to read road signs. :brick::brick:

If that is their thing, so be it, I will just continue doing what I do, ride with a couple of like minded mates, or by myself.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/Untitled%20picture_6.jpg

Grubber
8th May 2015, 16:16
Well I happen to agree with you. Riders who stop then tie on a bib before pulling out their phone and start dribbling into it do nothing for me. Leave Te Awamutu to ride to Kawhia and they are punching start and destinations onto the screen. It aint hard to learn to read road signs. :brick::brick:

If that is their thing, so be it, I will just continue doing what I do, ride with a couple of like minded mates, or by myself.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/Untitled%20picture_6.jpg

I agree wit both you guys. I am so sick of being in places that people sit and read phones all day. Restaurants are a good place for that too. They sit opposite each other and read bloody phones.
Go out for a ride and you run into someone and have a chat only to be interrupted by their damn phone.
I spend all my day trying to avoid the phone (have to work with one all day usually). When i go for a ride all i want to do is have some REAL people contact but everywhere you go everyone is glued to bloody phones. Really annoying.:nono:

Mom
8th May 2015, 16:22
everywhere you go everyone is glued to bloody phones. Really annoying.:nono:

My son was over from Aussie a couple of months ago, we went out to lunch at a tourist spot in Taupo. Bugger me, the next table to ours was full of Asain tourists, maybe 10 of them, there was absolutely no conversation at the table, they were all glued to their phones. How fucking rude!

The ones that trouble me the most though are the oblivious ones. Walking along, staring at their phones, ear phones in and stepping out on the road...

Grubber
8th May 2015, 16:27
My son was over from Aussie a couple of months ago, we went out to lunch at a tourist spot in Taupo. Bugger me, the next table to ours was full of Asain tourists, maybe 10 of them, there was absolutely no conversation at the table, they were all glued to their phones. How fucking rude!

The ones that trouble me the most though are the oblivious ones. Walking along, staring at their phones, ear phones in and stepping out on the road...

Yea don't get me started with those ones.
It may be due me having to use phone all day with work but i am well over them now.
Taking photos of your food to put on facebook was a good one. Seen that before and i asked the person involved if they really thought anyone else could give a fuck what they were eating. Had some odd look on his face as if to say "why wouldn't they". Oh please!!:puke:

Katman
8th May 2015, 16:29
Bugger me, the next table to ours was full of Asain tourists, maybe 10 of them, there was absolutely no conversation at the table, they were all glued to their phones. How fucking rude!

If they were all on their phones what was 'fucking rude' about it?

Were you upset that they weren't taking any notice of you?

Mom
8th May 2015, 16:59
If they were all on their phones what was 'fucking rude' about it?

Were you upset that they weren't taking any notice of you?

:yawn: :whocares:

R650R
8th May 2015, 18:10
What Swoop said... Ride by yourself :yes: Go where you want, at a time that suits. Stop for a smoke/drink/pie when ever you feel like it. and go home when you feel like it :D

Works for me...:niceone:

Plus one. This si what being a biker is about :)

R650R
8th May 2015, 18:12
Soooooo....am I the only one who equally enjoys solo riding, riding with the wife, and riding in groups? I've been in loads of great group rides with varying levels of organisation. Met some really awesome people, done a track day with them recently. Sometimes I can't be arsed and would rather go at my own pace (way faster than some, way slower than others) or just cruise around some beaches with the missus.

I'm prob like you too but lean more to solo due to making plans at last minute to go somewhere.

R650R
8th May 2015, 18:17
I've noticed that people that essentially spend the day alone, such as truck drivers & machine operators tend to ride in groups on the weekend, while people that are dealing with the public all day tend to ride alone. Frankly, by the weekend, I'm all peopled out & prefer some "own time" with my best mate.

Hmmm yeah Nah sorry... there's usually enough company at the detination or stops along the way, random conversations with strangers....

When I do group rides its because the group is going somewhere interesting or a place with restricted access eg adventure rides.

As for others comments about the derogatory remarks from other riders at cafes/pubs etc... never had it.
Mind you though I tend to stare several seconds longer than is socially acceptable to start with. Couple that with a sports bike with gravel rash down one side and plenty of recent evidence of gravel road excursions and their prob wondering what to say... Either that or I take too long to take my ear plugs out :)

nzspokes
9th May 2015, 06:58

The L's Angles rides were fun. For me the best part was we actually rode, not talked a good ride. Did decent distances. And no pressure for learners.

2 things bug me on group rides. First is the inability to ride at a safe speed. I dont mean going to fast but going to slow. As long as you are not with learners FFS be able to keep up with traffic. Nothing worse is holding normal traffic up because somebody cant hold a decent speed. The other is talking a good ride then you ride from cafe to cafe or have to stop for breaks every half hour. <_<

I now mainly ride with a group of riders I trust that can ride a decent distance. And we dont have to stop to pull anybody out of hedges.

As for the phone thing, its modern times. Get used to it.

Maha
9th May 2015, 08:44
Phones are a big part of some peoples daily lives but...

There are conservatively 745 things more important that fb updates. My phone gets left in the car/under the seat of the bike when I am with others socially. If you look at people using their phones at a table or where ever, it's very evident as to what is happening, it's just tap tap scroll tap scroll more scrolling scroll again tap scroll, nothing really going on, put's phone on the table when someone says something. They seem to have very little in the way of conversation skills, and tend to rely on others to keep the talk going.

nodrog
9th May 2015, 10:24
Phones are a big part of some peoples daily lives but...

There are conservatively 745 things more important that fb updates. My phone gets left in the car/under the seat of the bike when I am with others socially. If you look at people using their phones at a table or where ever, it's very evident, what is happening is just tap tap scroll tap scroll more scrolling scroll again tap scroll, nothing really going on, put's phone on the table when someone says something. They seem to have very little in the way of conversation skills, and tend to rely on others to keep the talk going.

sounds like Kiwibiker.

eldog
9th May 2015, 10:38

No not the only one. I prefer riding (/with) the mistress :rolleyes: too.

As long as I know what people plan, to do that's fine. Fast, Slow, stop/start or just stop for a photo whatever. As long as I know before the ride starts.

If people can accept that I ride at a slower pace and are happy to wait for me, that's cool.

If I know the destination/contact phone no then if I get lost or out of fuel then no worries.

It depends, mostly on my own at present - learnt a lot about self, riding and general mbike stuff.

Keen on not just getting from A to B, but seeing/feeling the countryside and meeting the odd person along the way (I tend to keep to myself generally- Mr Cellophane man JR)

I have a FB account but don't know or want to know how to use it. - needed it to access some other software which I forget.

george formby
9th May 2015, 10:59
I may be shallow and easily led by stereotypes but some riders instantly make me wary of joining or inviting them on a ride.
A few examples that cause this wariness. German Paratrooper helmets, skull face masks, tassles, knee sliders, shorts and trainers, knackered tires, bikes with lots of bits missing, plugging a lap top into your bike at the petrol station, more than one device (inc cameras) strapped to handlebars and engine bars and worrying about the weather too much.
Just sayin.

eldog
9th May 2015, 11:10
I may be shallow and easily led by stereotypes but some riders instantly make me wary of joining or inviting them on a ride.
A few examples that cause this wariness. German Paratrooper helmets, skull face masks, tassles, knee sliders, shorts and trainers, knackered tires, bikes with lots of bits missing, plugging a lap top into your bike at the petrol station, more than one device (inc cameras) strapped to handlebars and engine bars and worrying about the weather too much.
Just sayin.

GF - I doubt you are shallow.

problem with looking at face values.

I have met some very nice people wearing a variety of those items.....

Just hard to get to know them.

then again some people are just not worth knowing.

I take people as I find them, sometimes I get it wrong :facepalm:

and I know I am not a better rider than almost everyone, so theres only 3 ways to go. Stop.remain the same or improve.
currently doing the stop and regroup

george formby
9th May 2015, 11:45

Not for kiddies. Is that a Suzuki scoot?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=b56cb2ab3add" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fatt Max
10th May 2015, 05:09
I know you and like you, will ride with you anytime (if this post doesn't fuck you off) but I don't get this shit???
My opinion straight from the hip as always :ar15:

pretty simple rule I live by :) :drinknsin

"other peoples shit, is other peoples shit, don't take on their shit and make it your shit"

Ive always said you are the sexiest man on two wheels mate

Fatt Max
10th May 2015, 05:11

Yes, and they are connected to the inter web type thingy

Fatt Max
10th May 2015, 05:13
I agree wit both you guys. I am so sick of being in places that people sit and read phones all day. Restaurants are a good place for that too. They sit opposite each other and read bloody phones.
Go out for a ride and you run into someone and have a chat only to be interrupted by their damn phone.
I spend all my day trying to avoid the phone (have to work with one all day usually). When i go for a ride all i want to do is have some REAL people contact but everywhere you go everyone is glued to bloody phones. Really annoying.:nono:

My point exactly

Maha
10th May 2015, 08:30
It seems like Facebook is the real antagonist here, take that away and rides will revert to normal........... or will they?:shifty:

awa355
10th May 2015, 09:50
Along similar lines to arguing about pros and cons of different attitudes of group riders, does anyone find the same with motorcycle clubs?

I went to a Hamilton MC meeting a few years ago. Rode through from Putaruru on a cold miserable night. Think I was the only one who rode a bike to the meeting, bought a beer and sat down at a trestle type table and tried to chat with a few different bods. There seemed to be several groups all separate, no unity at all. By 8 oclock I was heading back home.

eldog
10th May 2015, 09:59
Along similar lines to arguing about pros and cons of different attitudes of group riders, does anyone find the same with motorcycle clubs?

I went to a Hamilton MC meeting a few years ago. Rode through from Putaruru on a cold miserable night. Think I was the only one who rode a bike to the meeting, bought a beer and sat down at a trestle type table and tried to chat with a few different bods. There seemed to be several groups all separate, no unity at all. By 8 oclock I was heading back home.

theres always swings and roundabouts with clubs, cliques etc. Things always change.

Often they need a uniting force or person who drives a direction and can attract a following.
SASS has that in SIS.

You just need to find like minded people, which can be hard, not everyone is available and there are other pressures too like families etc.

I enjoy your posts, rambling and photos, its just that i cant ride with you (my skill level)
keep up the good work I appreciate it.:yes:

Grubber
10th May 2015, 10:25

Used to be a HOG member some years back for about 5 years. Decided to buy a Triumph and what do you know they wouldn't talk to me after that. The wives were the worst to be fair. Pitiful really!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

eldog
10th May 2015, 10:47
Used to be a HOG member some years back for about 5 years. Decided to buy a Triumph and what do you know they wouldn't talk to me after that. The wives were the worst to be fair. Pitiful really!

People are like that, when your a bit different.

I found that all my life, everytime I try to fit in, I cant.
Its my fault I think differently to most.

I live with it. no worries.

I have a few good mates THEY put up with my foilbles and fallacies.

The good mates will still be there when you need them, you would be surprised-you only need to ask.

Grubber
10th May 2015, 10:52

The good mates will still be there when you need them, you would be surprised-you only need to ask.

I think the fit in bit revolved around owning a Harley or not.have no issues with any other clubs.
You are right about the real mates. They always stick around.

eldog
10th May 2015, 10:55
I think the fit in bit revolved around owning a Harley or not.have no issues with any other clubs.
You are right about the real mates. They always stick around.

Not all Harley riders have that attitude. I know of 3 that dont

Grubber
10th May 2015, 10:57
Not all Harley riders have that attitude. I know of 3 that dont

Could be that it was confined to Akl branch.
Ummmm 3 isn't many.

eldog
10th May 2015, 11:01
Ummmm 3 isn't many.

Its the 4 who are important to me, and thats all that matters. They know who they are.
The only harley bike I would currently like to ride is a Destroyer, but thats another story.

Bloody aklders.... who cares.

I am a born and breed Sud Aklder I dont have a snobby attitude

just realised its 5, ran out of toes.

Grubber
10th May 2015, 11:23
Its the 4 who are important to me, and thats all that matters. They know who they are.
The only harley bike I would currently like to ride is a Destroyer, but thats another story.

Bloody aklders.... who cares.

I am a born and breed Sud Aklder I dont have a snobby attitude

just realised its 5, ran out of toes.

Same! I got a couple of Harley riders still ride with me when we can. Puke for me so I know too well what Aucks can be like.
Funny though, they were ya best mates till I changed my ride.
Didnt loose any sleep that's for sure.

Bikemad
10th May 2015, 12:22
it seems like facebook is the real antagonist here, take that away and rides will revert to normal........... Or will they?:shifty:

like........:msn-wink:

Maha
10th May 2015, 12:32
poke....:Pokey:

Drew
10th May 2015, 14:56
Challenge them to a race.

bluninja
10th May 2015, 15:05
poke....:Pokey:
http://net.archbold.k12.oh.us/ahs/web_class/Spring_11/Facebook_WyseB/Images/FriendRequests4.jpg

Gadget1
10th May 2015, 16:00

I'd like to give you green rep for this post however, before I do, I need to know your: motorcycle's age, cell phone brand and model plus any political and religious views.

Fatt Max
10th May 2015, 17:41
I'd like to give you green rep for this post however, before I do, I need to know your: motorcycle's age, cell phone brand and model plus any political and religious views.

Classic :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

eldog
10th May 2015, 18:39
mbike age: young at heart
not apple but older
motorbike riders and engineers should rule the world

maybe Akzle as President
but thats only a suggestion

got a few others but they will upset KBers all over

scumdog
10th May 2015, 18:56

Hoi you!:angry:

But yeah, I've seen some pretty bad riding on a HOG ride - also seen the crappiest-ever riding on a non-HOG ride.:yes:

eldog
10th May 2015, 19:09
Hoi you!:angry:
But yeah, I've also seen the crappiest-ever riding on a non-HOG ride.:yes:

wait till you seen mine thats the crappiest-ever riding youll ever see. HOG or otherwise.:violin:

Gadget1
10th May 2015, 19:29
mbike age: young at heart
not apple but older
motorbike riders and engineers should rule the world

maybe Azkle as President
but thats only a suggestion

got a few others but they will upset KBers all over

Hmmm, not too sure on Akzle. I think he's just got a problem getting his message across and probably has the answer to life, the universe, and everything...

However, I totally disagree on everything else so it's all good!

eldog
10th May 2015, 19:31
Hmmm, not too sure on Akzle. I think he's just got a problem getting his message across and probably has the answer to life, the universe, and everything...

However, I totally disagree on everything else so it's all good!

NZders like a strong leader - doesnt really matter what they say.

eldog
10th May 2015, 19:34
It seems like Facebook is the real antagonist here, take that away and rides will revert to normal........... or will they?:shifty:

Who needs Facebook we have KB :bleh:

Gadget1
10th May 2015, 19:45

But we've not seen much from him on the vitally important issue of the new NZ flag.

scumdog
10th May 2015, 20:04
But we've not seen much from him on the vitally important issue of the new NZ flag.

Some might really believe your statement!

Banditbandit
11th May 2015, 16:05

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/siteupload/2013/05/sheeple-paranoia.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/95/1e/aa/951eaaef08ae97b3d28291f9f44e19e2.jpg