PDA

View Full Version : And you thought NZ roads were dodgy!

Macktheknife
20th September 2005, 21:58
Just imagine coming around the corner into this little beauty! :mega: :spudflip:

James Deuce
20th September 2005, 22:12
Piece of cake once you get used to them. I hit that one at 11pm on the way back from a mate's place in West Sussex to our flat in Southampton. Yes I was lost.

Macktheknife
20th September 2005, 22:16
Piece of cake once you get used to them. I hit that one at 11pm on the way back from a mate's place in West Sussex to our flat in Southampton. Yes I was lost.
Man were you ever lost! :buggerd: :eek:

Sniper
21st September 2005, 07:42
Bloody hell. No wonder the Poms winge alot!

PT

gamgee
21st September 2005, 08:49
jeeeeeeeeez most kiwi's have trouble with indicating correctly to go around one circle let alone 5 or 6

strayjuliet
21st September 2005, 09:19
If I ever visit those places, I'll use public transport. :thud:

Waylander
21st September 2005, 12:39
I think one of those might actually drive me to walking...

Jabez
21st September 2005, 12:52
How do you know where to off, I don't see any obvious Exit(road name) signs....:)

Biff
21st September 2005, 12:57
While touring in Brittany (France) last year my friend and I rounded a nice long right hand sweeperr when there, in the middle of the road, was an elephant. Not something you'd expect to see in northern France, on a road.

The circus worker shat herself when she saw me coming, the elephant just stood there bemused, and thankfully refrained from shitting itself. Apparently they we're supposed to be with the main circus parade 100 yards further up the road, but the elephant decided to take an alternative route.

Sniper
21st September 2005, 12:59
Aaahhh, you see, so in France they have elephants just wondering on the roads. Apparently we have lions wandering the streets in Johannesburg too.

MisterD
21st September 2005, 15:25
That'd be a bit of a surprise alright...I once had a bit of a fright in Northern England coming south from Edinburger. I came over a blind crest at 80+mph to find an Army helicopter hovering about 4' over the road :gob: ...the thing went up like god had it on a string and my adrenaline levels went up at about the same rate...don't speed on roads through military ranges people...

I think magic roundabouts are great, it's roundabouts with traffic lights on that do my head...Hangar Lane Gyratory anyone?

James Deuce
21st September 2005, 15:40
Hangar Lane Gyratory is a piece of wees to negotiate.

marty
21st September 2005, 15:55
How do you know where to off, I don't see any obvious Exit(road name) signs....:)

suppose you want 'slippery when wet' signs up too

MisterD
21st September 2005, 16:01
Hangar Lane Gyratory is a piece of wees to negotiate.

I did it twice a day for four years, and I can safely say I heaved I sigh of relief every time I got off....the North Circ is one of the main reason's I'm out here now....Akld traffic is a pleasure by comparison

James Deuce
21st September 2005, 16:03
I loved the HLG. Get in the correct lane early and take that biatch like you own it. Driving an Italian car helped.

zadok
21st September 2005, 16:28
Wow, incredible. Roundabouts within roundabouts. :eek5:

Rainbow Wizard
21st September 2005, 17:37
That'd be a bit of a surprise alright...I think magic roundabouts are great, it's roundabouts with traffic lights on that do my head...
If it works for square dancers why shouldn't it work for cars? :clap:

speights_bud
21st September 2005, 22:31
Sheesh! what were those designers smoking! The room Musta been spinning pretty heavily or something, All these roundabouts making me dizzy. Think ill keep to kiwi roads for a while thanks.

MisterD
22nd September 2005, 09:12
If it works for square dancers why shouldn't it work for cars? :clap:

:confused: Time for bed said Zebedee...