PDA

View Full Version : F5 gets wed

F5 Dave
21st September 2005, 15:59
Well the big day is this sat (24th). Seems like ages since I proposed (over a year) but all of a sudden it is upon us. :eek5: We’d appreciate a prayer for good weather & smooth running. I’m having the day off on Friday so will be off KB for a week or so, behave without me. :cool:

James Deuce
21st September 2005, 15:59
Prayers duly composed. Take it easy, and remember: Volunteer for nothing. Ever.

crashe
21st September 2005, 16:01
Congratulations...
Hope there is no hic-cups on the day and it all goes according to plan.

Have a great day for you and your new bride.

bugjuice
21st September 2005, 16:02
congrats and good luck.. hope all goes swimmingly well. ;)

Keystone19
May you have many long years of happiness with Mrs F5 and produce lots of little F5s to keep you company on long rides when you get old...

Sniper
Well done mate, and congrats. I stand behind Jim and agree, don't volunteer, EVER!!

FROSTY
21st September 2005, 16:07
congratulations Dave. Im guessing by now the to be Mrs F5 is well aware of what she's letting herself in for
I'd offer sage words of advise but I'm not the best qualified to offer it.

My Dad on the other hand-42 years happily married offers you this
Never go to bed with an angry heart.
Accept you just sighned a contract for the biggest job you are ever going to take on. Accept it is a job and needs to worked at every day.

seriously dude congratulations and god speed

Frosty

MSTRS
21st September 2005, 16:09
.... behave without me. :cool:
We won't.....and neither should you. Congrats mate.

phantom
21st September 2005, 16:12
Congratulations and the very best wishes

mstriumph
21st September 2005, 16:14
Seriously - that's great! Wish you all happiness always :first: and fine weather on the day

zadok
21st September 2005, 16:21
All the best to you both.

Skunk
21st September 2005, 16:26
Congratulations (belated and in advance).
Hope the weather is kind.

Enjoy yourself - it's your last chance to... :wari:

Paul in NZ
21st September 2005, 16:26
Congratulations to you both...

I hope you enjoy a long and happy marriage as I can assure you both, there is a special something about a relationship that has some years on it.

Love her and be loved in return but don't expect it everytime.

Best Wishes

Paul and Vicki

Lou Girardin
21st September 2005, 16:29
All the best.
Just remember that the secret of a happy marriage is compromise.

By you.

Joni
21st September 2005, 16:31
A couple of people have managed to say what I would of too... so from me, a simple congratulations and all the well wishes for your exciting road forward.

Regards
Joanne

Storm
21st September 2005, 16:43
All the best wishes for the best of weather and the happiest of marriages. May you always have a bike(or two) in the garage and a wife willing to keep your back warm :clap:

F5 Dave
21st September 2005, 16:50
All the best wishes for the best of weather and the happiest of marriages. May you always have a bike(or two) in the garage and a wife willing to keep your back warm :clap:
Well there's 6 at the moment & no negotiation on getting rid of any (she’s well aware of what she is getting into), although if we have kids maybe the tourer will be superfluous for a while.

Which means. . . Might mean having to update the sportbike, you know how it goes.

Lounge suite love? what do you mean? I don't see anything wrong with the old one. . . :slap:
Canned food for dinner you say? . . .

Ixion
21st September 2005, 16:51
Wise man. God keep you both and best wishes for many many happy years.

BigB
21st September 2005, 17:02
Congrats and all the best for the big day.

Will have to start thinking getting married soon!! the deal was

1. Buy a house (did that in April)
2. Get a new bike (Did that Saturday)
3. Get Married

So know doubt the rest of the family will start reminding us as, we're in no hurry. But you know what parents are like (we've been together 7 years engaged 3).

cheers

SPman
21st September 2005, 18:17
Congrats Dave.
Saturday IS going to be fine - because I'll be down there, and it wouldn't DARE rain! :nono:

Coyote
21st September 2005, 18:23
"Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is like another nail." - Homer Simpson

Congrats to you both :niceone:

froggyfrenchman
21st September 2005, 20:00
Congrats mate! best of luck!

oldrider
21st September 2005, 20:17
Marriage, what a wonderful institution but be warned they will never do as they are told but don't worry, you will eventually. Problem solved! Congratulations and best wishes. We have endured 41yrs so I think we have enough experience to comment. Cheers John and Philippa Oldrider.

Hitcher
21st September 2005, 20:31
Best wishes for married bliss. That may sound corny but it does happen. Remember to never take each other for granted.

jazbug5
21st September 2005, 23:18
Ohhhhhhhh.......... *snif* all choked up, and can think of nothing sensible to say, and am less qualified than most to boot (divorce comes through this Friday..). I wish you both the best; and hey- you already both have it- in each other!

Hope the weather etc works out and you have the minimum of embarrasing rellie moments on the big day. Give the missus-to-be my bestest again.

LB
22nd September 2005, 04:47
Congratulations and best wishes from me and Hamish to you and Becs.

Weather forecast looks pretty good.

I'm with Paulnz on this one - we're 20 years next month (while we're over in Melbourne...."darling, wouldn't you like to buy me this carbon fibre/titanium Ducati accessory for our wedding anniversary?"....). And I simply couldn't imagine my life without him.

justsomeguy
22nd September 2005, 07:03
:spudwave: ..........

:niceone:

Pwalo
22nd September 2005, 08:16
Good luck Mr F5.

Hope that all turns out well. Claire and I've been married for 24 and 3/4 years and would love to share some words of wisdom with you, but unfortunately I don't have any other than keep talking (but not too much because you're a bloke - ok).

All the best.

Bartman10
22nd September 2005, 08:29
Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries :shifty:

Ms Piggy
22nd September 2005, 09:05
All the best to you & Becs.

Enjoy the day and the rest of your life together :love:

Beemer
22nd September 2005, 15:10

Ooh, now that's a bit sexist! Sure I hop on the back of my husband's bike sometimes and I enjoy it, but I also enjoying riding with him on my own bike!

Good luck F5 Dave, I hope you both have a wonderful day (we agreed that our wedding day in March was one of the best days of our lives) with good weather (it is looking good all over the North Island so far) and lots of great memories. May I make a small suggestion? Take more photos! We had lots but I still wish there were more...

And have a great honeymoon - I bought the Goose on our honeymoon so perhaps you could find something nice for Mrs F5 while you're away?

I'm also attending a wedding this weekend - as a stalker! (If you want to know more, check out page 167 of October's Next magazine for my article on wedding stalking.) Prime TV is meant to be covering it as well!

F5 Dave
22nd September 2005, 15:22
Thanks guys for your kind words, right touching like.

Last time she rode was a test ride & she dropped the bike, that was some years ago. Wouldn’t mind getting her out on a dirt-bike, but it’s hard to find an old paddock like the old days.

Yes re the photos Bec was insistent on it, we have a friend doing the reception & the million dollar photographer doing the service so we’d better get some decent ones!!

As a bit of a laugh the front page of the DOM today had a restaurant that was closed up for serious health issues, cockroaches, mice etc. It was only where I had my stag-do wasn’t it!! Fortunately reading further they reopened after a refit of new appliances & inspection, so when we were there it was probably ok. He did say they were about to change the name.

vifferman
22nd September 2005, 15:36
All the best for a great wedding, and very happy life together, Dave! :niceone:

Hiring a decent photographer's not a dumb idea; we had friends do ours ("Surely if we have enough people, and LOTS of photos, we'll get some good ones." Not.) and regretted it.
(PS) love the new "chicken" avatar.

Marknz
22nd September 2005, 15:48
good onya fella and I hope it's a great day for you and Mrs F5

FEINT
23rd September 2005, 16:17
Congrats and hope the weather is all good for a very important day.. :D :rockon:

F5 Dave
3rd October 2005, 17:01
Thanks to all.

We had just the best day. Everything worked out brilliantly & we couldn’t have asked for more.

There were a few problems (like her friend who drove down from Auckland but was too sick to attend by the time they got to Palmerston) but nothing of any note. Ok there was the Dress issue that was a tickle to long for the first dance we’d been practising for weeks & she kept standing on it & tripping when we tried in private (just before reception), but some quickly borrowed taller shoes fixed this so no one knew.

Promise some photos when we get them (could be a while).

Honeymoon was great too & well, just real happy. :love: -awww.

mstriumph
3rd October 2005, 17:29
:niceone: that's just great! hope things continue well for you both

Hitcher
3rd October 2005, 18:48
I was going to make a remark about wet slapping sounds, but good taste has prevented me from being so gauche...