PDA

View Full Version : Kiwibike Insurance - my experience

Mike.Gayner
28th May 2015, 20:08
I finally got around to insuring my 750 this week. I got an online quote from Kiwibike that seemed reasonable - not the best policy (market value, no gear replacement etc) but good enough. The price was also good enough that I didn't bother shopping around. Finalised my order right there online, no sales pitch or any of the BS we're used to with insurance. I walked away very happy.

Got my policy in the mail a day or two later, including a hand written note to let me know they've found me a better value policy, and could I please send them my bank account details so they can refund me $40.

Definitely not used to an insurance dealer behaving this way, and I'm very happy. Hopefully my experience will be similar in the case of a claim - Star Insurance / Lumley if anyone has any experience with this crowd.

Awesome work Alana at Kiwibike.

mossy1200
28th May 2015, 20:15
I just swapped to them as it was 800 cheaper than my current insurer.

Marmoot
28th May 2015, 20:16
If you're impressed with that, wait until the time to renew your policy.
You can actually pay with credit card on their website. How's that for convenience?!?!?!

Service was great too. Had the unfortunate opportunity to claim before, and they handled quickly, seamlessly, and kindly, totally unprofessional in an insurance broker way (i.e., too good, polite, efficient, and kind).

I can't recommend them more.

Akzle
28th May 2015, 20:23
i knew an alana once. great tits. just.
om nomnom.

EJK
28th May 2015, 20:27
Yep I'm with Kiwibike too. Good honest business!

SVboy
29th May 2015, 08:12
i knew an alana once. great tits. just.
om nomnom.

Alana is a funny name for a sheep? Another thumbs up for KB insurance brokers. Nothing but helpful and good value in my experience.

Ulsterkiwi
29th May 2015, 08:33
yep, nothing is too much trouble for these guys. Certainly makes for customer loyalty, some other businesses could learn something from them.

Latte
29th May 2015, 10:30
Another happy Kiwibike customer. Had 3 1000cc plus bikes fully insured for $1000. New R1 insured for $300 once I sold the others off and they did it off their own bat, I didn't have to ask or anything.

caspernz
29th May 2015, 11:13
Yep, been with Kiwibike since 2008. Fast and friendly team :2thumbsup

Swoop
7th June 2015, 17:09
Good bastards! If you're not insured by them, get a quote and compare.

Signed: A happy customer.

Lelitu
7th June 2015, 17:15
Fucking awesome company to deal with.

Had the misfortune to have to make a claim with them after some lightfingered cunt tried to make off with my bike. Didn't get it, but tried, and fucked the front end while breaking the steering lock.
Biggest hassle in the whole process was waiting for parts from japan.

FLUB
7th June 2015, 21:28
Another happy customer here. I've got full cover on a Goldwing, XL250 and a brand new KLR650 for $800. Always found them very pleasant to deal with.

Smifffy
7th June 2015, 21:39
Alana is a funny name for a sheep?

That would be AaLaaaaaNaaaaaa

tlronny
30th June 2015, 19:53
Yep def a good company to deal with !
Very reasonable rates A+

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hitcher
1st July 2015, 09:18
If you want to see Kiwibiker Insurance at their best, make a claim through them. Unbelievably great service as they act as an advocate on your case.

aws
4th July 2015, 17:26
I've just switched to them. Ironically, I've moved from Star to Star and saved $100 in the process. :-) They were very helpful during the changeover.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

P38
5th July 2015, 09:50
I finally got around to insuring my 750 this week. I got an online quote from Kiwibike that seemed reasonable - not the best policy (market value, no gear replacement etc) but good enough. The price was also good enough that I didn't bother shopping around. Finalised my order right there online, no sales pitch or any of the BS we're used to with insurance. I walked away very happy.

Got my policy in the mail a day or two later, including a hand written note to let me know they've found me a better value policy, and could I please send them my bank account details so they can refund me $40.

Definitely not used to an insurance dealer behaving this way, and I'm very happy. Hopefully my experience will be similar in the case of a claim - Star Insurance / Lumley if anyone has any experience with this crowd.
Awesome work Alana at Kiwibike.

We just settled a House burglary with Lumley and they were just Pure Cunts to deal with.

Cops caught the thieves less than 24 hours after the break in, thieves went to court the following day and pleaded guilty, yet Lumley still saw fit to send in a Private Investigator to investigate US for a claim that included only a laptop, a tablet and a few hundred dollars of other stuff.

They made me feel like I was the thief and took six weeks to settle :angry:

I have had insurance with them for nearly two decades and will be changing insurers within the week.

Cheers
Pete

mossy1200
14th July 2015, 16:52
Just added a new bike to the list. Extra $8 per month for full cover. These guys are great. Wish acc would account for the fact you cant ride more than one bike at the same time.

Edit-My bad its $6.20 a month extra

cold comfort
3rd October 2015, 20:19
Two claims so far. ( one track day). can't fault these guys. No hassle repair and payouts. :2thumbsup