PDA

View Full Version : Who Still Rides? (poll)

bogan
3rd June 2015, 09:12
It would be interesting to know how many active members still ride. And how many just come to vent frustration at not being allowed to ride anymore etc.

So how many of you pussies are still riding at this rather nippy time of year?

TheDemonLord
3rd June 2015, 09:15
I commute everyday

Come wind, rain, snow (well not yet), storms etc.

Katman
3rd June 2015, 09:15
So how many of you pussies are still riding at this rather nippy time of year?

Every working day.

bogan
3rd June 2015, 09:17
Wait for the poll and just click an option you shitcunts, we don't need to hear your fucking life's story.

nzspokes
3rd June 2015, 09:20
Please add the below options,

I ride as it is part of my job

Im not allowed to ride by the wife and I am pussy whipped.

bogan
3rd June 2015, 09:24
Please add the below options,

I ride as it is part of my job

Im not allowed to ride by the wife and I am pussy whipped.

Ran out of poll options, the first one should indeed be there (but I can't see how to edit poll) and I guess the last one covers that second option.

leathel
3rd June 2015, 11:44
Wait for the poll and just click an option you shitcunts, we don't need to hear your fucking life's story.

shame you put so many I would but options and no option for most weekends rain hail and shine...... I do about 20K for fun, Cage to work as 3 people dont fit on the bike.

No vote from me

Maha
3rd June 2015, 12:01
A lot more time to ride now that we're semi retired.
Your poll results will be flawed as someone without a bike has voted in most of the options.

Swoop
3rd June 2015, 12:30
Winter is the best time. Poseurs' are at home polishing their chrome, while roads are clogged with tin-tops (making filtering easier since they are stopped) AND you get to work drier.

Gadget1
3rd June 2015, 12:53

Lol, love those options bogan.

R650R
3rd June 2015, 13:49
Ride all year round, 750 gets parked to avoid rego scam but has dome plenty of winters.
Still go mountainbiking in winter too, two wheel drifting in mud is fun!
Would commute but its not far to work and the time it takes to unleash bike from secure storage means not worthwhile unless cage is broken down....

BTW the short trips to work only worsen my fuel economy by 10% so over couple weeks normal use it costs me only say $10 extra of petrol. Using bike every day would end up costing more due to wear and tear on protective gear not mention the extra time to don it all and remove.

awa355
3rd June 2015, 14:35
Was going to tick the first option but I don't have any Y fronts.

Ender EnZed
3rd June 2015, 14:49
What's a Chilblain?

WNJ
3rd June 2015, 15:40
Ride everyday to work mostly xpress way and usually a scenic ride on my day off,

Voltaire
3rd June 2015, 16:00
I don't commute much any more as I don't have a Go Pro.:no:

bogan
3rd June 2015, 16:45
A lot more time to ride now that we're semi retired.
Your poll results will be flawed as someone without a bike has voted in most of the options.

Yeh, cos that's the reason they will be flawed :laugh:

What's a Chilblain?

Kinda like frostbite, but less to do with really cold and more to do with lack of blood flow.

awa355
3rd June 2015, 16:52
What's a Chilblain?

South American??? :no::no:??

Maha
3rd June 2015, 17:05
Yeh, cos that's the reason they will be flawed :laugh:

I stand corrected, and agree that it was flawed from the outset.

bogan
3rd June 2015, 17:09
I stand corrected, and agree that it was flawed from the outset.

Indeed, I couldn't fit in Mike's 'I would but a customer service rep came to my house and broke my shins'.

Maha
3rd June 2015, 17:10
Indeed, I couldn't fit in Mike's 'I would but a customer service rep came to my house and broke my shins'.

or.... 'Stick to your knitting Grandma' and 'Do you charge you customers for your time on here'?

EJK
3rd June 2015, 17:19
Riding your mum counts, yes?

Zedder
3rd June 2015, 17:21

That was probably the rep from the sewing machine company.

Moi
3rd June 2015, 17:39
How about: I will once the surgeon says "Yes"... :doctor:

[You have no idea just how bloody accurate that emoticon is...]

Motu
3rd June 2015, 17:58
400km a week commuting to work.

swbarnett
3rd June 2015, 18:34
3 people dont fit on the bike.

Yes they do... (and more)

http://www.worldsupertravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/family_on_motorcycle_india.jpg

AllanB
3rd June 2015, 19:11
When I can. Weekends and lately on a time frame :-( Such is a busy life.

Don't ride to work - just fuck me off, buy the time I was there all would be nice and warm and I'd want to continue - could become a employment issue. Late again Mr B - via Akaroa did we?

Mind you moving house in a few weeks further afield so the commute will be a extra 10kms on top of the current run and open road so maybe appeal more. But them your bike is sitting outside work calling you like a 22 year old randy cheer leader for a ride...... more potential employment issues......

Oakie
3rd June 2015, 19:15
I commute every work day (34km round trip) but seldom ride in the weekends. Hopefully that'll change next summer now that our house repairs are done.

Oakie
3rd June 2015, 19:18
But them your bike is sitting outside work calling you like a 22 year old randy cheer leader for a ride...... more potential employment issues......

You should get a bike like mine then. Not so much the randy 22 y.o. cheerleader ... more like a 43 year old married tax accountant and volunteer meals-on-wheels driver.

AllanB
3rd June 2015, 19:26
You should get a bike like mine then. Not so much the randy 22 y.o. cheerleader ... more like a 43 year old married tax accountant and volunteer meals-on-wheels driver.

Hahah - good point but surely there is a risk that you just walk past it one day and keep walking to the bike shop.

Oakie
3rd June 2015, 19:32
Hahah - good point but surely there is a risk that you just walk past it one day and keep walking to the bike shop.

If that happens it would probably just be for a younger 'tax accountant'.

JATZ
3rd June 2015, 19:34
Sometimes I go for a ride.... :whistle:

nzspokes
4th June 2015, 07:42

Buy another bike and get something fun for the weekends. Use the Hornet for commuting.

Moi
4th June 2015, 11:03
Sometimes I go for a ride.... :whistle:

How adventurous of you...

F5 Dave
5th June 2015, 07:16
I'm looking forward to going for a road ride. I'm giving myself a target of two weeks as motivation for doing physio exercises to get strength and movement back. Dirt riding may be somewhat further off.
Lucky pricks, get out there.

JATZ
5th June 2015, 20:56
How adventurous of you...

I think I'll go for a ride on Sunday :innocent:

Be back in a week :Punk: ... or maybe :cold:

HenryDorsetCase
5th June 2015, 23:21
Was going to tick the first option but I don't have any Y fronts.

g string or nothing at all.

Big Dog
6th June 2015, 00:39
g string or nothing at all.

Let me bear witness: if you wear a g string on a motorcycle, you best grip the tank with all your might when you do an emergency braking manoeuvre unless you want to be known as henrietta.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

ruaphu
6th June 2015, 09:43
Yep ride most days. Non biker peoples think ya mad in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moi
6th June 2015, 09:49

Just wrap up warmly and take a clean hanky... :innocent:

Enjoy your Sunday ride...:woohoo:

Tazz
6th June 2015, 10:20

Good stuff. Where are you off to this time man? I'll be out and about too but just local :wait:

R650R
6th June 2015, 14:53
7 degrees this morning, wagon parked up waiting for parts. Coffee date that couldn't be missed so cranked up the DR.
Well didn't it just spit the dummy cause I stole some of its petrol the other day for the lawn mower! (in HB its still warm enough for lawns to grow in winter).
Got her going after nearly killing the battery, frapping around town was most satisfying sans earplugs :)

JATZ
6th June 2015, 21:48
Just wrap up warmly and take a clean hanky... :innocent:

Enjoy your Sunday ride...:woohoo:

I will... Thanks for reminding me about the hanky bit :niceone:

Good stuff. Where are you off to this time man? I'll be out and about too but just local :wait:

West coast looks like it's going to be pretty crap weather wise, so I'll go there first, haven't planned any further than that. Haven't done the Earsnlaw and Walter peak station before, or the Nevis on a bike.
But I'll make it up as I go, might chuck up a couple of pics as I go :yes:... or not:no:

Tazz
6th June 2015, 23:55
I will... Thanks for reminding me about the hanky bit :niceone:

West coast looks like it's going to be pretty crap weather wise, so I'll go there first, haven't planned any further than that. Haven't done the Earsnlaw and Walter peak station before, or the Nevis on a bike.
But I'll make it up as I go, might chuck up a couple of pics as I go :yes:... or not:no:
Deano is in a cool spot in hoki by the looks. Be worth a yell if you fang through.