PDA

View Full Version : The van tyre thread

F5 Dave
4th June 2015, 14:43
Oh no another tyre thread on KB. But this time for vans. Real ones like HiAces not Mini trucks, good honest bike haulers used in every weather. Several hundred thousand km have passed.
I used up the commercial tyres the Van had originally which were pants & not suitable for NZ driving imo.

So I’ve used Dunlops back in the 90s on another Van & they were pretty so-so. I inherited some ex Jap tyres & they were lethal & double lethal in the wet.
I then got onto Firestones & had the erm F4000 I think followed by the F6000 & they were damn fine tyres. But both went obsolete.
These were replaced by Firestone Supercats. Which were dreadful in the wet.

I got some Firestone TZ100s which have been great, but are now, . . .of course obsolete. And they wore the corners off them as they are a bit soft for a van being punted up & down a windy road every day. Heaps of tread, maybe the softer carcass just makes them roll too much with heavy van despite recommended 40psi.

These have been superseded by TZ700s which are reputed to be softer still so I won’t try them. (Put some on missus car & they are good on that). Bridgestones are softer still I am told by Firestone guy. (best service I’ve had so sad to take business elsewhere).

So the question is: What other brands are decent for Vans? And offer some wet weather grip? And ideally don’t wear out the corners super quick (yes all vans do cut front tyres out when you drive them like cars, but some are much worse than others).
I’d like those F4000s I ran 15 years ago.

Grumph
4th June 2015, 16:03
I'm sure Kickaha will come on and offer professional advice, but I've recently had to put two tyres on mine. Went to car rears in the same size. Still got light truck fronts on as yes, the vans do tend to be harder on fronts. I don't have the same requirements as you - most of my running is on straight, flat roads...
I've had good results from Roadstone light truck tyres. Yes, Korean i think, hard rubber, cheap...probably not the grip levels you need on a frosty wgtn morning...and last time i looked, couldn't get them locally any more.

Akzle
4th June 2015, 17:16
champiro vps.
Grippy as shit but short lifespan.

Or, stop being a pussy. Git r fourby, Jack your van up and put it on bridgy at/m s

Motu
4th June 2015, 17:59
We usually fit Hankook, and Maxxis for those willing to spend for a better tyre.

Kickaha
4th June 2015, 18:26
What size?

Car tyres on vans generally = better ride and grip with shorter life span, vans are very hard on the front outside shoulders especially the left front, they need to be rotated at regular intervals to get the best life

Firestone haven't ever done a tyre called an F4000 in NZ so I'm not sure what that would have been

nodrog
4th June 2015, 18:52
ask Scrivy what tyres he has on his Hiace, Holy Fuck, I still have whiplash from Sunday.

Gremlin
4th June 2015, 19:15
My Hiace came with Bridgestone Duravis (light truck). Seem Ok, but had a bit of understeer in roundabouts in the wet, so perhaps not the greatest (well, light truck - they're going to last ages because they're hard as).

Actually a timely reminder, with my Hiace being AWD I can't mix and match tyres and I'm due a rotation...

edit: Specify sizes... I imagine you don't have other rims, but you might. I think mine are something like 195/70/15

SPman
4th June 2015, 19:38
Was running Maxxis on the Hiace. They weren't too bad. Now have a Transit coming up for new tyres - any suggestions?

mossy1200
4th June 2015, 20:04
I got supercats on the work van which seem fine. Have not had issues with grip in the wet but I am old and slow.

F5 Dave
4th June 2015, 22:24
Hey Kick. Whatever's std on steels, can never remember but could tell you every bike tyre size from last 30 bikes. So yeah car tyres. Maybe first fire stones were some other number. Somewhere near turn of the century. Guess doesn't matter now can't get those.

R650R
5th June 2015, 08:26
I'd be looking at what are rural courier van drivers using, they would be the ones to ask.

I got told by several people that TZ100's wear the outer edge too... funny though I got over 50,000km on mine with about 3mm left before someone else wrote off the car for me.
And they wore perfectly evenly. I don't muck about either and like to have a bit of a play in the corners too and ran them at 34psi which tyre guy recommended as max pressure.
All down to driving style, never use harsh steering to scrub of speed or brake through corners at all.

I thought the TZ100's were a brilliant tyre too, usually reached the limit of standard cars suspension before the tyres were a problem. I wouldn't read too much into what these shop guys say, bit like motorbike mag reviews. They are probably talking up very minor differences as part of their sales technique. I would have gone with TZ700 on new wagon but Bridgestone MY02 were on special and got awesome deal.
One thing I've noticed is the 17 inch wheels on new wagon vs 16s on same model has made a huge difference for the better, bigger wheels roll over bumps better etc....

F5 Dave
5th June 2015, 09:15
The 700s on the wife's wagon seem good, but they are wearing & they do seem softer. Vans are much harder on corners than cars.

Ocean1
5th June 2015, 09:37
I would have gone with TZ700 on new wagon but Bridgestone MY02 were on special and got awesome deal.
One thing I've noticed is the 17 inch wheels on new wagon vs 16s on same model has made a huge difference for the better, bigger wheels roll over bumps better etc....

I put 17" wheels on the Granvia hoping for some improvement in wear by going to lower profile tyres.
Better ride and general handling but the shit tyres I got at the time wore appallingly quickly.
So I've just put 215/55/17 TZ700s on, feel OK, will se how they go.

TheDemonLord
5th June 2015, 10:09
Many moons ago, when I had the VanOwaR

I put round tyres on it, made of rubber.

Does that help?

R650R
5th June 2015, 11:19
BTW for any of you tight buggers out there that want cheap but good tyres for spare of trailers...

Have 2 x 215/55/17 Goodyears, one is an assurance triplemax and the other is ecopia fuel max or something. Both nearly identical tread patterns.
Took them off new wagon to fit a matching set of four new tyres as the back ones were buggered.
These two have 6mm and 7mm tread BUT have had professional puncture repairs done by previous owner/fitter etc...
Taking up space in my shed, no reasonable offer refused, can supply pics. One repair is sidewall, both original punctures look very small origins...
Already had them on TM while back but no takers....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NXe246IFdvYzdjbkFoNWpCdHc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NXe246IFdvazRVMTM3NkZWYVE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NXe246IFdvNzhlemJHTGJDTDg/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NXe246IFdvS1V2WWw3ejR4U2c/view?usp=sharing

Voltaire
5th June 2015, 11:20
My sympathies for having to drive a Japanese van. VW rules.

Scuba_Steve
5th June 2015, 12:05
Last van had Supercats, they did well but then it was a non-turbo small engine diesel. Van before that had 5 different tyres from 4 different companies (from memory) couldn't tell you the brands/models now

F5 Dave
5th June 2015, 12:21
A mate of a mate has a new VW van. I'd aspire to that if I had money to burn. He does, partner accountant or summit. But I'd rather spend the money on bikes.

If yer talking a Kombi, well, I wouldn't know where to start, but sympathy would have to overrule ridicule.

Voltaire
5th June 2015, 13:46
A mate of a mate has a new VW van. I'd aspire to that if I had money to burn. He does, partner accountant or summit. But I'd rather spend the money on bikes.

If yer talking a Kombi, well, I wouldn't know where to start, but sympathy would have to overrule ridicule.

mines 2002, just coming up 300 000 kms, hope it keeps going for a few more years...Kombi Vans.....last couple on TM sold for

over $60 000.:shit:

scrivy
5th June 2015, 13:58
ask Scrivy what tyres he has on his Hiace, Holy Fuck, I still have whiplash from Sunday.

Pussy... shoulda had ya seatbelt on.....

oh..... and stop chasing hot chicks around town.....

nodrog
5th June 2015, 14:17
Pussy... shoulda had ya seatbelt on.....

oh..... and stop chasing hot chicks around town.....

Seatbelt? all that was in the back was duct tape and handcuffs.

F5 Dave
5th June 2015, 15:01
mines 2002, just coming up 300 000 kms, hope it keeps going for a few more years...Kombi Vans.....last couple on TM sold for

over $60 000.:shit:

That's fair going. 'Course my Ace is well over 300 clicks [pheh, brushes fingernails on chest]

scrivy
5th June 2015, 15:11
Seatbelt? all that was in the back was duct tape and handcuffs.

....did you eat all the lollies...?

Kickaha
5th June 2015, 18:37
I got told by several people that TZ100's wear the outer edge too...

The grooves in the tread blocks on the edge aren't as deep the main tread grooves so by the time they're half worn it gives them a worn out bald look, got 60k out of them on the Hilux I had

Hankook RA14 do very well, the Supercats I have on the LWB Hicube Transit are up to 18k and still have about 9mm on, it doesn't get thrashed but hauls a bit of a load

Gremlin
5th June 2015, 18:41
Since there is a thread (and for my curiosity), which tyre would people recommend:

AWD ZX Hiace, mostly on road, but occasionally rough stuff (not thick mud) like trails because of mountain biking? Is there a good road tyre (especially in the wet) that is also a little more useful in gravel/etc. Wouldn't mind sacrificing a little life for better grip.

sidecar bob
5th June 2015, 18:59

Volkswagen translated = people's car, I find that mildly amusing. My van is named after Karl Benz's daughter.

Kickaha
5th June 2015, 19:05
Since there is a thread (and for my curiosity), which tyre would people recommend:
It's a lot easier to recommend something if people put the fucking size of the tyres up

sidecar bob
5th June 2015, 19:19
It's a lot easier to recommend something if people put the fucking size of the tyres up

Normal size.

Scuba_Steve
5th June 2015, 19:31

car/van tyre size

Madness
5th June 2015, 19:34
Outside diameter larger than inside diameter & width less than both.

Kickaha
5th June 2015, 19:38
Normal size.

car/van tyre size

Outside diameter larger than inside diameter & width less than both.

Wankers, the lot of you

F5 Dave
5th June 2015, 21:33
OK think 195 15 70 if I believe a website. Has 205s now I'm pretty sure.

F5 Dave
5th June 2015, 21:41
Ahh feck another site sez 185 14s. Think that rings a bell for commercial tyres on it when I bought it but we went for car tyres. They got wider.

Should I ask to get Mr current ones rotated left to right? I mean off the rims so the edge is on the outside? They'd been swapped to back before.

Kickaha
5th June 2015, 22:33
Ahh feck another site sez 185 14s. Think that rings a bell for commercial tyres on it when I bought it but we went for car tyres. They got wider.

Should I ask to get Mr current ones rotated left to right? I mean off the rims so the edge is on the outside? They'd been swapped to back before.

185R14 is a stock Hiace size depending on the year, normally if you want something better you'd go to a 205/70R14, around the same OD but a bit wider

A few places wont fit car tyres if they won't meet the load rating for the vehicle

I personally don't bother taking them off the rims, rear tyres tend to wear flatter then the front, hence regular (say 10K) rotations

F5 Dave
6th June 2015, 07:35
So so far 3 pages in, the only recommendation has been maxxis but with no real input of what they are like in the wet. Only one dealer listed in the hutt, well, petone, tiny place never heard of. Surely there must be something else.

Kickaha
6th June 2015, 07:53
So so far 3 pages in, the only recommendation has been maxxis but with no real input of what they are like in the wet. Only one dealer listed in the hutt, well, petone, tiny place never heard of. Surely there must be something else.

So far 3 pages in and still no idea what FUCKING size tyres you have on it to give a proper recommendation :motu:

Something like the Maxxis MA-P1 if it's available in your SIZE would probably be pretty good, if it's on 14inch personally I'd be looking at finding some 15 inch wheels and 205/65R15 RA14 Hankook

I put some of those on another bucket racers van who used to thrash it and they went really well

george formby
6th June 2015, 10:23
I've come to to the conclusion that cheap and long lasting ones are fine. Grip? 2 sacks of concrete over the back axle or not, if I want to go drifting.

F5 Dave
6th June 2015, 12:32
Sorry I thought I'd said it was on steels meaning std. Never considered the extra expense of buying new wheels. Less likely to get stolen and I use it down a lot of bumpy gravel roads going to dirt bike events. Am I missing something, cause I'm a bit clueless on these 4 wheeled things. I spend all my time thinking about 2 strokes, ... or work if I have to.

F5 Dave
6th June 2015, 12:42
Gripe, moan, I had to go outside to look. The cat wasn't happy to get moved.

205/70/14. is what's on there now.

Just trawling tardme for what wheels cost.

Maybe the old firestones were F440 and F660 meh not important I guess.

This tends to indicate later ones were 15". Do I really want to swap for some advantage?

He's a bit optimistic.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=896923682

Big Dog
6th June 2015, 13:13
Gripe, moan, I had to go outside to look. The cat wasn't happy to get moved.

205/70/14. is what's on there now.

Just trawling tardme for what wheels cost.

Maybe the old firestones were F440 and F660 meh not important I guess.

This tends to indicate later ones were 15". Do I really want to swap for some advantage?

He's a bit optimistic.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=896923682

If his claims the rims and rubber are both new is accurate that is cheap.
Last time I bought wheels they were 100 new, 50 as new or 25 scruffy. For a sedan but still there is 400 of the price. Makes tyres 50 a pop.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

F5 Dave
6th June 2015, 13:44
Looks like they came straight off an 05 when someone decided they wanted Johnny fancy pants alloys then sat there for 10 years. Ready for the tip I'd say.

I care not about looks and laugh at the bouys turning up in a soggy paddock with lowered big wide tyred vans and getting stuck.

So will 15" steels be better than 14" ? So guess they will twist less, but absorb bumps worse?

Gremlin
6th June 2015, 20:06
Looks like they came straight off an 05 when someone decided they wanted Johnny fancy pants alloys then sat there for 10 years. Ready for the tip I'd say.
Latest shape Hiace runs a 6 stud pattern so make sure you get something compatible.

F5 Dave
7th June 2015, 08:45
Re reading he's indicated 05-15 so he's wrong but might not fit my poor old 95.

Grumph
7th June 2015, 09:54
Re reading he's indicated 05-15 so he's wrong but might not fit my poor old 95.

pretty sure that pattern is the same as my early 90's one. tyres will have dates on - it's local to you, go and have a look.
kick will confirm but i think 15's give you a better rubber choice - and any gearing change has to be good on the open road.

Kickaha
7th June 2015, 20:36

I care not about looks and laugh at the bouys turning up in a soggy paddock with lowered big wide tyred vans and getting stuck.

So will 15" steels be better than 14" ? So guess they will twist less, but absorb bumps worse?

15 will be better, ride quality probably wont change too much if you stick with car tyres but they're probably more expensive, the 205/70R14 used to be a real common size but it isn't any longer

Falcon wheels also bolt straight on but the offset is different and they stick out a bit more

F5 Dave
16th October 2015, 20:04
Just for some sort of follow up I ended up with a couple of false starts on some 15s. Ended up getting some 14 Hankooks of some sort. They weren't hugely cheap. It's been say 2 months and so far I'm pretty impressed. Good in wet, steer nicely. Slightly more noisy but only on some surfaces and who cares.

Gremlin
16th October 2015, 22:30
mmm, should update as well. Mine is a 2008 Hiace SLWB 4WD Grand Cabin (standard 6 stud steel wheels fitted).

I did have Bridgestone Duravis R670 fitted in 195/80/15, and now have Bridgestone Ecopia R680 in same size (weight rating around 105-107 from memory). Barely driven it to start looking at consumption but I can definitely feel I need less throttle and the van tends to roll on much better. Cost just under a grand for 4, then W/A on top.

Kickaha
17th October 2015, 06:54
I did have Bridgestone Duravis R670 fitted in 195/80/15, and now have Bridgestone Ecopia R680 in same size (weight rating around 105-107 from memory). Barely driven it to start looking at consumption but I can definitely feel I need less throttle and the van tends to roll on much better. Cost just under a grand for 4, then W/A on top.

Rotate them every 10k, and keep the pressures up, vans are hard on fronts, especially the left front

F5 Dave
17th October 2015, 07:09
They rotate every time I drive it. A lot.

Kickaha
17th October 2015, 09:15
Ended up getting some 14 Hankooks of some sort.
RA08 ? They're pretty good

F5 Dave
17th October 2015, 12:28
Goes outside to check. . . hey where's the. . . oh that's right, the missus has it today.

F5 Dave
6th January 2016, 19:07
K715. Wearing well, would buy again.

gonzo_akl
27th December 2016, 12:51
So far 3 pages in and still no idea what FUCKING size tyres you have on it to give a proper recommendation :motu:

Something like the Maxxis MA-P1 if it's available in your SIZE would probably be pretty good, if it's on 14inch personally I'd be looking at finding some 15 inch wheels and 205/65R15 RA14 Hankook

I put some of those on another bucket racers van who used to thrash it and they went really well

Hi,

The time has come to replace my have vans tires. Would this recommendation stand or something better come on the market in the last year?

The current tyres are 195/15. Not sure what profile, they the tyres that came on it from Japan

Grumph
27th December 2016, 13:49
Don't expect a quick reply from Kick on that - depends how much gear he fucked at Wanganui....

F5 Dave
27th December 2016, 16:13
A year on from last report. Rotated fronts to rear, wearing well, great in all surfaces. Hankook K715

F5 Dave
20th March 2017, 17:18
So as a thought, they have been rotated but wearing the corners of course, but there's still 4.7mm tread in the middle.

How valid is it to remount the tyres either backwards or left on right and visaversa so the unused tread is outer?

They do rotation free but expect they would charge to remount.

Kick?

R650R
20th March 2017, 21:58
So as a thought, they have been rotated but wearing the corners of course, but there's still 4.7mm tread in the middle.

How valid is it to remount the tyres either backwards or left on right and visaversa so the unused tread is outer?

Kick?

If tyre wear is uneven enough for you to want to rotate to get your moneys worth then you prob actually need a wheel alignment. My tyres have always worn evenly on my cages, good mix of driving conditions and speeds.
BUT awhile ago I needed new front bushes, didn't bother with alignment afterwards, felt ok, just a slightest pull to left, nah that's nothing.... 4000km later F%^^ chopped out the insides on fronts with tyres only half worn.....
Got it sorted and splashed out on RE003, Holy hell damn grippy tyres and just as good in the wet as they claim.

BTW lot of car/van tyres are multi directional anyway, check sidewall text....

Honest Andy
21st March 2017, 06:56
I have a Hiace work van. Always heavily/over loaded and used on every sort of road. When it chewed off the outside front treads I got my mechanic to organise an alignment. It made no difference and my mechanic said "They all do that. Take half the weight out and drive more sensibly". That wasn't really going to work for me so I bought cheaper tyres and got quite good at sledging around corners. THEN I finally talked to my tyre man about it. He said "They all do that. Take half the weight out and drive more sensibly. Now go and have a coffee while we do the alignment"
Result: He said the alignment was set up exactly in the middle of the adjustment range as specified by Toyota, and as such was perfect for most people, and showed absolutly no imagination on the part of the last tyre guy because it didn't take into account the weight and driving style. So he did what he does for all of us tradies who abuse vans and adjusted the alignment to the extreme end of the specified range. Now I'm on my third pair of front tyres since that alignment years ago and every set wears down to the canvas perfectly square and flat. And it drives heeeeeaps better.
Another top tip (from when I drove a little truck): adjust your tyre inflation to suit the most common load. Overinflation will balloon the tyre and cause more wear in the centre. Underinflation makes the tyre rely on its sidewalls and cause wear on the outsides (also softens the sidewall). I use light commercial tyres because of the loading and crank them right up. 55psi in the front and 65psi in the back. Not only makes the tyre look mostly round but helps slow the sidewall bellying out too quickly as the tyres get older.

I probably should still take some of the weight out...

F5 Dave
21st March 2017, 12:05
Does the last comment relate to the Van or the Goldwing? :innocent:

Nah great post. Long trips are with two dirt bikes and gear. Daily is empty and driven like a car up a twisty road. Maybe there is some latitude there though.
Still best Tyres I've has on this thing in 300,000km I've owned it.

Akzle
21st March 2017, 13:31
I have a Hiace work van. Always heavily/over loaded and used on every sort of road. When it chewed off the outside front treads I got my mechanic to organise an alignment. It made no difference and my mechanic said "They all do that. Take half the weight out and drive more sensibly". That wasn't really going to work for me so I bought cheaper tyres and got quite good at sledging around corners. THEN I finally talked to my tyre man about it. He said "They all do that. Take half the weight out and drive more sensibly. Now go and have a coffee while we do the alignment"
Result: He said the alignment was set up exactly in the middle of the adjustment range as specified by Toyota, and as such was perfect for most people, and showed absolutly no imagination on the part of the last tyre guy because it didn't take into account the weight and driving style. So he did what he does for all of us tradies who abuse vans and adjusted the alignment to the extreme end of the specified range. Now I'm on my third pair of front tyres since that alignment years ago and every set wears down to the canvas perfectly square and flat. And it drives heeeeeaps better.
Another top tip (from when I drove a little truck): adjust your tyre inflation to suit the most common load. Overinflation will balloon the tyre and cause more wear in the centre. Underinflation makes the tyre rely on its sidewalls and cause wear on the outsides (also softens the sidewall). I use light commercial tyres because of the loading and crank them right up. 55psi in the front and 65psi in the back. Not only makes the tyre look mostly round but helps slow the sidewall bellying out too quickly as the tyres get older.

I probably should still take some of the weight out...

your fucken carriage return broken or some shit cunt?

Grumph
21st March 2017, 14:39
that's good info Andy - but did he tell you WHICH end of the bloody adjustment he goes to ?

Max toe - in or out ? Max positive or negative camber ?

Akzle
21st March 2017, 14:53
that's good info Andy - but did he tell you WHICH end of the bloody adjustment he goes to ?

toe in is where you point. front toes together, rear square. or you're handling will be up to shit. also not affected by loading.

adding positive camber will offset the natural negative camber you gain by loading a vehicle.

maxing anything out is a dumb idea.

science, bitches.

Honest Andy
21st March 2017, 17:21
Fuck! Did I write all that? Some of it had quite big words in too...

Honest Andy
21st March 2017, 17:32

Don't know, not really my trade so can't remember that detail. But I do recall that we used to have 3 things to adjust, and now there is only one thing. He adjusted it and now my tyres are good-oh

Kickaha
21st March 2017, 17:49

Kick?

Is it doing it on all four even though you've been rotating them? how long since the last alignment?

Don't you live around a cunty windy road?

toe in is where you point. front toes together, rear square. or you're handling will be up to shit. also not affected by loading.

Bullshit it isn't affected by loading, we had a fat cunt of a client and it changed a few mm just by having him sit in the vehicle, it's always recommended alignment is done with the normal load the vehicle carries for a reason

Akzle
21st March 2017, 18:02
Bullshit it isn't affected by loading, we had a fat cunt of a client and it changed a few mm just by having him sit in the vehicle, it's always recommended alignment is done with the normal load the vehicle carries for a reason

toe?? bullsh. what fucken vehicle?

russd7
21st March 2017, 18:37
van tire thread :banana:

at least its not a van aerial thread :lol:

R650R
21st March 2017, 20:25

If its that sensitive then wont your alignment be out when either than gas tank is completely full or nearly empty...??????????

Sound like that nitrogen in the tyres scam... "oh your tyres will run cooler and last longer"

Funny they go all quiet when you mention the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen and the water vapour that may affect ordinary tyre inflation can be eliminated with decent compressor setup......
I do wonder though where does that magic nitrogen transfer the heat too.... do they instal a mini heat exchanger inside the RUBBER (hastag worlds greatest temp insulator) tyres......???????
Just sayin....

F5 Dave
21st March 2017, 21:28
Yeah does the front, rotated front to back.
Was aligned when the tyres went on.

40psi. As I said most days unloaded.

So should the tyres be turned around on the rims or swap left to right?

Yup windy road, impatient driver who's reliving the past imagined glory days racing.

Gremlin
21st March 2017, 22:56
I'm running the Bridgestone Ecopia R680 on a AWD Hiace ZX. Shop advised me to run 40psi, handling was awful and vague, raised to 44psi (unloaded) and had a noticeable improvement. That said, it will understeer through roundabouts and tighter turns quite easily, so gotta slow it down... it ain't a race car :rolleyes:

Being AWD, rotating the tyres from side to side and front to rear in a criss cross every 10k

Kickaha
26th March 2017, 09:58
toe?? bullsh. what fucken vehicle?

Ford Courier Ute, client was probably 150kg, if the camber changes (which it did as soon as he got in) the toe changes

If its that sensitive then wont your alignment be out when either than gas tank is completely full or nearly empty...??????????

Sound like that nitrogen in the tyres scam... "oh your tyres will run cooler and last longer"

Funny they go all quiet when you mention the atmosphere is 80% nitrogen and the water vapour that may affect ordinary tyre inflation can be eliminated with decent compressor setup......

Some vehicle manufacturers specify various fuel levels or adding weights in the vehicle when they done, normally there's a tolerance which probably allows for loading, especially with contractors vehicles it's always best to do them with their normal load

80% nitrogen isn't the same as 100%, the main benefit is constant pressure for longer

Yeah does the front, rotated front to back.
Was aligned when the tyres went on.

40psi. As I said most days unloaded.

So should the tyres be turned around on the rims or swap left to right?

Yup windy road, impatient driver who's reliving the past imagined glory days racing.

How many KM since they went on? I generally only swap front to back or side to side depending on wear, it could be related to your driving and road so yeah turning them over might help

F5 Dave
26th March 2017, 17:09
Not really sure of is, it was written on a window sticker but its faded.