PDA

View Full Version : Wellington female Harley riders wanted on stage

Hitcher
30th January 2004, 09:52
NBR New Zealand Opera requires a Harley-riding female extra for its upcoming production of "Elixir of Love" being performed in Wellington and Auckland (one extra required in each venue).

Person requirement

Female
Slender build
Must be able to handle a motorbike
Pref. long black hair (but wig can be supplied)
Interaction with cast members is required, but acting experience is not essential
A feel for music is desirable (music reading not required, however)

Availability
Wellington: Should be available for daytime rehearsals as called, from 6 February - 3 March. Performances alternate nights 4-14 March.

Auckland: Evening rehearsals 17 & 18 March
Daytime rehearsals 20-22 March
Performances alternate nights 23-31 March

Auditions
Wellington: Tuesday 3 February at 5pm, at 34 Waterloo Quay (2 storey brick building next to Platform 9, Wellington Railway Station). Please call to book a slot.

Auckland: Friday 5 March, time tbc. Please call to arrange.

Contact
NBR New Zealand Opera - 0-4-384 4434 x5
Kathryn 0-27-280 8180
Natalie 0-21-721 731

LB
30th January 2004, 18:00
NBR New Zealand Opera requires a Harley-riding female extra for its upcoming production of "Elixir of Love" being performed in Wellington and Auckland (one extra required in each venue).

Person requirement

Female
Slender build
Must be able to handle a motorbike
Pref. long black hair (but wig can be supplied)
Interaction with cast members is required, but acting experience is not essential
A feel for music is desirable (music reading not required, however)

Female - yep
Slender build - er...no
Must be able to handle a motorbike - have been riding a while, so I guess I could say yep to this
Pref. long black hair (but wig can be supplied) - would need wig
Interaction with cast members is required, but acting experience is not essential - I've been on Shortland Street (albeit as an extra....) does that count?
A feel for music is desirable (music reading not required, however) - I love Buddy Holly...

But woops, I don't have a Harley. Shit. There goes my new career.

MikeL
30th January 2004, 20:06
Hey Lynda, don't give up! From what I recall Donizetti's opera is set in Italy, so someone has cocked things up. When they realize that what they need is someone on a Ducati, not a Harley, you're in!!

LB
31st January 2004, 04:13
Hey Lynda, don't give up! From what I recall Donizetti's opera is set in Italy, so someone has cocked things up. When they realize that what they need is someone on a Ducati, not a Harley, you're in!!
thanks for the lifeline MikeL....I'll wait till they realise their error.

johno
21st April 2004, 22:12
This opera must be a fantasy - A Slim Hog Mama?

scumdog
22nd April 2004, 08:18
This opera must be a fantasy - A Slim Hog Mama?

johno, I could introduce you to a few of these so called "fantasy" women but when I told them why I wanted to introduce them to you they kind of lost interest and walked off muttering something about "not that ..... again" - guess they must have already met you somewhere? :confused:

James Deuce
22nd April 2004, 08:44

A Ducati isn't an Opera bike. They need someone on a Moto Guzzi California.

jrandom
22nd April 2004, 08:48
They need someone on a Moto Guzzi California.

A fine bike, that is. Quite a modern classic. You lot haven't checked the 'Bike Trader' section recently, have you?

johno
22nd April 2004, 21:35
johno, I could introduce you to a few of these so called "fantasy" women but when I told them why I wanted to introduce them to you they kind of lost interest and walked off muttering something about "not that ..... again" - guess they must have already met you somewhere? :confused:
The story of my life. I remember the 60's and 70's. Those halycon days of free love and flower power, where gorgeous chicks were sleeping with anyone. Anyone but me that is; it never happened to me. They never lost interest as they never had any. Well they are all fat now, Huh!

Eddieb
23rd April 2004, 08:41
I went to see that Opera, they used a baby virago or something in the end.

James Deuce
23rd April 2004, 08:51
I went to see that Opera, they used a baby virago or something in the end.

Aaargh - It's True!! Italian bike owners ARE classy!

crashe
29th November 2004, 17:52
My baby is a Virago and she has been on a stage many a time since I have owned her.... so what a pity that I didn't know about this show....lol...
tis a bummer that I aint a slim thing thou... or have long black hair.... :whistle:

I have even ridden my bike in the Auckland Civic Theatre on the stage twice now..... first time they made a ramp out the back for a number of bikes to ride up.... and the second time I took the bike up and down the lift..... fitted in no sweat. So my baby has been in the Civic twice now. She has even been inside a big hotel in the city as well in once of the big function rooms in an event. :niceone:

And since mine is, I believe the only black and white virago around town, she does look like a Harley from a distance. (unless someone has spotted another out there) :niceone:

NC
29th November 2004, 18:14
Oh darn, there goes my chance at fame :weep:

:killingme

Riff Raff
29th November 2004, 18:36
I could do it on my Rebel - the average punter probably wouldn't know the difference. Had long black hair in my younger gothic days. Already had my shot of fame and fortune starring on Coromandel Med - hmmm probably not something to brag about :o . I'm used to regularly making a fool of myself. :bleh: Yup, sounds like a good career move for me. :banana: :banana:

Ms Piggy
29th November 2004, 18:54
Ahem - might just pay to look at the start date of this particular thread.

crashe
29th November 2004, 19:02
I saw the date of this show... which is why I said

"Tis a shame that I didn't know about it......" :blink:

LOL....... :spudwave:

Skyryder
5th December 2004, 10:26
A Ducati isn't an Opera bike. They need someone on a Moto Guzzi California.

That's me. Now where do I get a "cut and tuck?"

Skyryd(h)er