PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce Pray

Biff
22nd September 2005, 16:00
Last night I did my regular stint at our local Ronald Mc Donald hospice – cooking dinner for the residents. I’d done all the necessary shopping before hand, and as I was cooking up a Mexican (fajita) meal I thought a nice side salad would work. So I bought tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cucumber etc before I got there, and while there I was asked whether I needed a hand by a young lady resident. I accepted her kind offer, and asked her to prepare the salad. Half way through she asked me whether or not I was making coleslaw. I told her no – then she asked me whay I’d bought three cabbages instead of lettuce.

In my defence they looked like ice burg lettuces honest.

Anyway – when I got home and shared my guff with Ms Biff she informed me that I have a history with cabbages, according to my mother.

The story goes.........(wavy dream like scene)

....when I was quite young my mother sent me to the local grocers in order to buy a small cabbage. I arrived at the grocers and picked up a small cabbage and took it to the cash desk. The lady behind the desk asked me, "Is that all you want?". To which I replied, "yes". To my amazement she didn't charge me for it - so I went to the sweet shop and spent the cabbage money on sweets.

Full of smiles I trundled home and proudly presented the small cabbage to my mother. Thankfully my mother has a sense of humour, and she chuckled to herself while telling me that there was no way a brussel sprout would feed the entire family.

bugjuice
22nd September 2005, 16:03
lol.. happens to the best of us mate.. been there, will most likely do it again..
same when I was sent out to get lasange (sp?) sheets, came back with callilone (pfft.. sp?) tubes..

Sniper
22nd September 2005, 16:05
Between you and Ms Biff tripping on the untrippible, you make a wonderful couple, hehehe.

jrandom
22nd September 2005, 16:05
ice burg

is that like when Christchurch gets snowed out?

Beemer
22nd September 2005, 16:09
... there was no way a brussel sprout would feed the entire family.

Ugh, devil's eggs! Hates them we does! :sick:

yungatart
22nd September 2005, 16:21
Ugh, devil's eggs! Hates them we does! :sick:
When Xhardcorex was about 4 he would jump up and down (like kids wanting lollies!) BEGGING me to buy Brussel Sprouts- now he's 14 and flatly refuses to eat them... I'm confused!

Hitcher
22nd September 2005, 17:13
is that like when Christchurch gets snowed out?
At least lettuces remained blissfully unapostrophised...

Beemer
22nd September 2005, 17:53
When Xhardcorex was about 4 he would jump up and down (like kids wanting lollies!) BEGGING me to buy Brussel Sprouts- now he's 14 and flatly refuses to eat them... I'm confused!

I think they are the most disgusting vegetable ever grown! My husband likes them (I refuse to have them in the house!) and his mother gets in a flap when we go there for dinner because I don't eat them. She panicked last time "oh no, what am I going to give you to eat then?" I just looked at her and said "along with the other seven vegetables, I'll have his pumpkin (he hates it, I love it) and he can have my Brussells sprouts - sorted!"

pyrocam
22nd September 2005, 18:16
more importantly.

what a guy! doing a regular stint at the local Ronald Mc Donald hospice

Biff
22nd September 2005, 22:47
more importantly.

what a guy! doing a regular stint at the local Ronald Mc Donald hospice

It's a grin. And I normaly get a thank you card sent to me, made by the kids, sometime after. Nice. :niceone:

Biff
22nd September 2005, 22:50
Between you and Ms Biff tripping on the untrippible, you make a wonderful couple, hehehe.

Oh yes. Ms Biff has indeed tripped over a match stick. I shit you not.

Sniper
23rd September 2005, 08:39
Oh yes. Ms Biff has indeed tripped over a match stick. I shit you not.

I believe you, but it is almost un believable. :rofl: Don't worry, according to my folks, I managed to drink a whole bottle of furniture polish when I was young.

myvice
24th September 2005, 13:16
I believe you, but it is almost un believable. :rofl: Don't worry, according to my folks, I managed to drink a whole bottle of furniture polish when I was young.
Could have been the finish of you...

texmo
24th September 2005, 13:23
A friend of mines wife is a teacher and had he daughter with her in the science lab who prompty found some acid and drank a bottle of it, cleared the little 2 year olds throat thats for sure....

Ixion
24th September 2005, 13:25
Could have been the finish of you...
Yes. it might have polished him off (Had to be said, had to be said.)

pyrocam
24th September 2005, 13:51
A friend of mines wife is a teacher and had he daughter with her in the science lab who prompty found some acid and drank a bottle of it, cleared the little 2 year olds throat thats for sure....

acid or Acid

texmo
24th September 2005, 14:12
surfuric Acid

soundbeltfarm
25th September 2005, 20:16
It's a grin. And I normaly get a thank you card sent to me, made by the kids, sometime after. Nice. :niceone:

BIG UPS MATE.

on my birthday the other day our accountants sent me a card and a packet of shitty brussel sprout seeds.
think i'll ditch em for that shit.