PDA

View Full Version : Second hand bike, no air filter?

ir0nslash
27th June 2015, 21:20
so well I brought a zzr250 month and a half ago , and just been learning more about the bike and maintenance , done forkseals and oil etc , but opened the airbox and there is no air filter at all!? is my bike on its road to a certain death !?

would I need to give the motor a full overhaul

nzspokes
27th June 2015, 21:21
I would try fitting an air filter first.

FJRider
27th June 2015, 21:23
I would try fitting an air filter first.

What he said ... it DOES get in ... ;)

ir0nslash
27th June 2015, 21:26
yea ill have to source one , but I mean not having one would the motor have sucked in ALOT of shit to alter the performance in time , as it runs ok atm but im guessing it could be better

ellipsis
27th June 2015, 21:31
...if you can't source one, an expensive sock with marmoset fur or possum fluff would work...

pete-blen
2nd July 2015, 18:26
yea ill have to source one , but I mean not having one would the motor have sucked in ALOT of shit to alter the performance in time , as it runs ok atm but im guessing it could be better

just put a new filter in it... then ride the dam thing...
It's a road bike so there a good chance it has not been anywhere
to dirty or dusty... If it was a dirt bike yer may have something
to be worryed about...

Kawasaki dealer / Trademe / E-bay ... filter wont be hard to get...

killapotatoe
15th July 2015, 16:21
I think if the guy you purchased it from lived on a dirt road then there would be reasons for concern. I don't think flies and bugs will do to much.

Banditbandit
16th July 2015, 10:26
Don't worry about it ... we used to pull off air cleaners to make the bikes go faster (not sure if they actually did - but it was a cool thing to do ... )

The air is still coming through the air box, so any large shit will have not got through - and anything that did probably burned up in the pot ...