PDA

View Full Version : Advice from music techos please.....

Blackbird
22nd September 2005, 17:33
Someone has given me .wav files which I want to be able to play on the CD player on our household Pioneer stereo system. How do I convert them to a compatible format like regular music CD's please?

Cheers

Geoff

MSTRS
22nd September 2005, 17:36
Someone has given me .wav files which I want to be able to play on the CD player on our household Pioneer stereo system. How do I convert them to a compatible format like regular music CD's please?

Cheers

Geoff
Use MediaPlayer9 (or better) & copy as Audio CD

pyrocam
22nd September 2005, 18:05
if you have a cd writing software such as nero and choose music cd. it will do everything for you

hXc
22nd September 2005, 18:38
Just put a blank cd in your computer and copy it in windows media player. If they are wav. files they won't need to be converted anyway. And WMP will do it all for you.

Warren
22nd September 2005, 18:42
wav files are the normal format for music cd's but you have to make sure the cd is burnt as a music cd and not a data cd with the wav files on it.

Blackbird
22nd September 2005, 19:19
Thanks Everyone :2thumbsup It worked perfectly. Didn't even know you could do file conversions with Media Player which is a sad commentary about how much notice I take of it :stupid:

I use Prassi Primo for normal copying but I don't think it changes outputs.

You're the tops!

Cheers

Geoff

hXc
22nd September 2005, 19:24
Glad I could be of some help.

riffer
22nd September 2005, 19:31
Apple's iTunes for Windows also imports .wav files into it as well.

Add the files, create a playlist, and drop the files you want into it. Check the preferences that you are burning an audio CD with 0 second gaps between songs, and click on the burn disk button.

Plus iTunes is a cool music playing program too...