PDA

View Full Version : Would you find it rude?

ir0nslash
12th July 2015, 16:58
hey dudes

I pretty much ride by myself all the time everytime , as I don't know many people who ride , my mate rode to my house 3 months ago and I thought i better get my bike licence wanted it for a Very long time so got learners 2 months ago and he stripped his bike just before I got mine , to paint it , and well still not together .....

so just been riding around I see a couple of ppl riding around at times I usually wave or nod, did today in Devonport , I was like those dudes seem cool waved back but didn't turn around to join , was thinking about it ....

then on the ride home to the west 3 cruisers and sports pass me in group at the lights , but I was just being lazy and waited in the queue at the lights but they went threw and got the green as soon as they got to the front I was like dam , so I went on the hunt to try catch up so I can pretend I was in the group haha, but dam I gave my 250cc balls deep most of the way and did not catch but the thought was there lets just say im glad no popos were out and about today . but in my mind im like these guys will accept my noob ness or stab me so maybe wasn't a good idea haha

so my question is Would you find it Rude if some random Learner tries to join in on your pack ......

FJRider
12th July 2015, 17:04
I doubt few would mind. BUT ... if the pace hot's up ... back off ...

Many learners (almost) die trying ...

scumdog
12th July 2015, 17:19
Don't take it as personal - maybe they thought ya wanted to race them?;)

pritch
12th July 2015, 17:24
You're in Auckland you should be able to find organised rides that are suitable.

Mike.Gayner
12th July 2015, 17:40
What a fucking stupid thread.

FJRider
12th July 2015, 17:52

Aucklanders ... eh .. !!! <_<

scumdog
12th July 2015, 17:53

Hey, it's the KB way!:msn-wink:

FJRider
12th July 2015, 17:57
You're in Auckland you should be able to find organised rides that are suitable.

Most Aucklanders couldn't find a decent cup of coffee ... <_<

george formby
12th July 2015, 18:26
Hmmmmmmmm. A few times I've caught up with NooB or less confident riders on my local nadgery and happily fallen in behind at a distance for a few km's rather than barge past and possibly get the wind up them. Doe's that make me a stalker?
OP, get yourself involved in an organised ride. A total stranger hanging on to me would be creepy, specially if they did a ewe'y and were in hot pursuit. I suffer from paranoia.
If you do decide to tag on, keep a good following distance. Nothing worse than worrying about the headlight in your mirror.

Maha
12th July 2015, 18:30
''Would you find it Rude if some random Learner tries to join in on your pack''

Not at all, but not advised to be honest, reason being you have no idea of how they ride and could easily find yourself struggling to keep up, thus putting yourself in a position you will not want to be in. I have seen it happen, even on ''organised'' group rides.

Depending on where you live in Auckland, there are a couple of weekly meet ups for riders such as yourself..NASS/SASS threads are in Meeting and Events.

kiwi cowboy
12th July 2015, 18:36

They would have to come south of the straight for that or at least to get a decent sized mug of it;)

FJRider
12th July 2015, 18:43
They would have to come south of the straight for that or at least to get a decent sized mug of it;)

I must try your place for one soon ... I might get lucky ... ;)

kiwi cowboy
12th July 2015, 18:50
I must try your place for one soon ... I might get lucky ... ;)

yep got a couple of buckets we can fill.:msn-wink:no guarantee on the quality though:bleh:workin on an fzr for the road at the mo.

FJRider
12th July 2015, 18:54
yep got a couple of buckets we can fill.:msn-wink:no guarantee on the quality though:bleh:workin on an fzr for the road at the mo.

I'm not fussy ... I'll drink cheap and/or free coffee anywhere ...

kiwi cowboy
12th July 2015, 19:02
I'm not fussy ... I'll drink cheap and/or free coffee anywhere ...

no problem then.
the way the frosts are out here we are having to cut ice to melt to get water for coffee at the moment.

FJRider
12th July 2015, 19:12
no problem then.
the way the frosts are out here we are having to cut ice to melt to get water for coffee at the moment.

Great ... but winter is coming ... it could get worse .. ;)

kiwi cowboy
12th July 2015, 19:18
Great ... but winter is coming ... it could get worse .. ;)

Yep they may even call a bonspiel :laugh:Oh wait they have:Punk:

nzspokes
12th July 2015, 19:23
Depending on where you live in Auckland, there are a couple of weekly meet ups for riders such as yourself..NASS/SASS threads are in Meeting and Events.

Exactly. And you will learn how to ride in a group.

And never try to keep up. Ride your own ride at your pace. If the group doesnt like the pace then find another group, most decent groups will wait or go at the slowest riders pace.

TheDemonLord
12th July 2015, 19:49
In B4 Cassina

Coldrider
12th July 2015, 22:07

That's because MAG have taken all the parking spaces.:laugh:

Oakie
12th July 2015, 22:50
Yeah. To be honest I probably would find it a bit rude. Same as if I was out having a drink with friends or out kicking a football around with them and some random guy attached himself to us. I guess I need to know who I'm riding with so I know what level of trust to have in their ability.

Big Dog
13th July 2015, 01:13
Depends a lot on your approach and the group.
People tag along behind me all the time and I don't find it rude as long as they don't stop where I do uninvited.

If you were banging the Mrs / Mr and someone appeared in the doorway I'm guessing you might find that a bit rude?

If you were out on the town and some one chucks his coin on the pool table is that rude?

Joining in its all about time and place.
If you really want to ride with others join one of the NASS / SASS rides and keep an eye for planned rides or post your own.

Sent via tapatalk.

PrincessBandit
13th July 2015, 07:30
Aucklanders ... eh .. !!! <_<

Oi, I resemble those remarks!! Want a decent coffee Trev, you know our door is open any time! I'll even get you a supersized mug :yes:

Depends a lot on your approach and the group.
People tag along behind me all the time and I don't find it rude as long as they don't stop where I do uninvited.
Sent via tapatalk.

Personally I wouldn't mind if someone tagged along behind me as long as they didn't invade my bubble. However when dealing with a group you might want to consider that some mightn't mind but others might. If there is enough distance between you and the last rider in the group you can pretend you're their TEC... However if you want to wangle your way into the bunch then that would be crossing the line methinks.

p.dath
13th July 2015, 08:02
If you want to meet other new riders try going along to NASS:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/77111-North-Auckland-Street-Skills-NASS?highlight=NASS

haydes55
13th July 2015, 12:12
I was riding up north for an impromptu 3 day camping/riding adventure, caught up to a guy on a GSXR1000. Followed him for about 20 mins before we stopped at a red light, had a chat, made a plan to follow him (he had a radar detector) to the next gas stop.

If you're following someone on a bike, lift your visor and have a chat at the lights, most of us wouldn't bite.

Oakie
13th July 2015, 18:02
If you're following someone on a bike, lift your visor and have a chat at the lights, most of us wouldn't bite.

I live in fear of someone doing that as I ride with earplugs in. I don't want to appear rude by not answering.

Big Dog
13th July 2015, 18:21
I live in fear of someone doing that as I ride with earplugs in. I don't want to appear rude by not answering.

If you start signing frantically at him he will probably think you are not rude but assume you can't hear him...

willytheekid
13th July 2015, 18:31
I prefer to ride alone personally

....but If I was followed for a while and then asked if they could join me...I'd certainly stop for a friendly yak, but I would politely advise them that I actually prefer to ride alone...I do appreciate the offer of company, but no thanks...I do this to get away from everything for a while (And I don't get to do it enough as it is...apart from the work commute, my weekend rides are just for me & whats left of my brain lol...is ma medicine in a way :D)

...it never hurts to ask :niceone: (Might meet some really nice fellow riders in your area etc)

mossy1200
13th July 2015, 18:56
I follow girls on bikes.

Others follow Honda riders.

I get nervous when Honda riders follow me.

:shit:

FJRider
13th July 2015, 19:31
Oi, I resemble those remarks!! Want a decent coffee Trev, you know our door is open any time! I'll even get you a supersized mug :yes:

Sorry ... nothing personal ... honest ... :calm:

I guessed that the door might be at least ajar ... ;)

I have a plan for a road trip ... when I know the details ... I'll share ... ok .. ???