PDA

View Full Version : Black 89 ZXR250A mint condition for sale $2500

N4CR
23rd September 2005, 19:31
Just got asked by one of the mechanics at Mt Eden cycles to post this up. He is selling his mint 89 zxr250a. Im unsure of the km's (forgot to check) but it is the tidiest zxr250a I have ever seen.

Pure black bike with a unique tank cover, black screen and aftermarket exhaust. It has what looks to be a new leather seat covering. Tyres seem fine. I think there are some scratches on the right hand side (I only had a quick look at it) and apart from that it is immaculate.

Repeating this is not being sold by Mt Eden, but by one of the mechanics as a personal sale.

This bike is up for an amazing $2500. You could even buy that and sell it off for more on trademe! Just go to the service level of mount eden cycles tomorrow (saturday) and have a look. The mech told me it is a ride away bargain for those who want one of the best 250's around.

So you 250 wanters... goto mt eden and check it out. I'm sure you will be impressed (I was..)

Ghost Lemur
23rd September 2005, 21:47
*looks at bank account*

*crys*

*looks at better halfs savings account*

*decides life is worth living*

Ah well, someone is going to score a hell bargain. Especially with the rediculous state of 250 prices currently.

aff-man
23rd September 2005, 22:05
Just got asked by one of the mechanics at Mt Eden cycles to post this up. He is selling his mint 89 zxr250a. Im unsure of the km's (forgot to check) but it is the tidiest zxr250a I have ever seen.

Pure black bike with a unique tank cover, black screen and aftermarket exhaust. It has what looks to be a new leather seat covering. Tyres seem fine. I think there are some scratches on the right hand side (I only had a quick look at it) and apart from that it is immaculate.

Repeating this is not being sold by Mt Eden, but by one of the mechanics as a personal sale.

This bike is up for an amazing $2500. You could even buy that and sell it off for more on trademe! Just go to the service level of mount eden cycles tomorrow (saturday) and have a look. The mech told me it is a ride away bargain for those who want one of the best 250's around.

So you 250 wanters... goto mt eden and check it out. I'm sure you will be impressed (I was..)

You mind if i ask which mechanic??

N4CR
24th September 2005, 17:22
You mind if i ask which mechanic??

Yeahp... Mr ROCKER aka RR ;) you will know now if you know him :P

Two Smoker
24th September 2005, 17:42
Is he there during the week, i could be keen...

N4CR
24th September 2005, 18:07

He is there every day 9-4:30~5:30 depending on the day (apart from sunday when they are closed). Safe bet is around midday. Rainy days are good as noone is in the shop pestering him ;).

Ghost Lemur
24th September 2005, 18:29

Oi you, don't you have enough?

You'll need to get another gargre to store them in at this rate. Then again, if you have to collect something motorcycles would be nice.

Always thought if money wasn't an issue I could see myself doing with motorcycles what JayKay does with cars.

zeRax
24th September 2005, 19:51
would he ship it?

N4CR
24th September 2005, 20:01
would he ship it?

I don't know but as it is so cheap I guess if you paid him to ship he would...

zeRax
24th September 2005, 20:03
find out km's plz and relook at it , some photos perhaps, if he'll ship it ill take it now~

N4CR
24th September 2005, 21:35
find out km's plz and relook at it , some photos perhaps, if he'll ship it ill take it now~

Yeah i'll give him a ring. I won't be able to relook for another 2 weeks. I can ask him to take photos though that should be alright.

kane
27th September 2005, 10:31
will he have it at the shop this saturday (1st oct.) keen to have a look, live just down the road!

R6_kid
27th September 2005, 14:32
SOLD!!! Took superdave in there today. It has a cracked screen and cracked top fairing but otherwise its prett decent. I think dave will be paying for it tomorrow :rockon:

Another one for the clan (or perhaps to fill my shoes)
:2thumbsup

there ya go tristan you bitch, you can stop crying now - you wont be all alone when i get a bigger bike

metric
30th September 2005, 18:29
howdy

am also looking for a zxr right now... what are the odds on getting in there early tomorrow to have a looksee?

placidfemme
30th September 2005, 18:48
:( damn finance co's

Reckon they would do a trade for a FXR150?

justsomeguy
30th September 2005, 18:50
:( damn finance co's

Reckon they would do a trade for a FXR150?

Yes they would - but be prepared to be "surprised" when a bike shop tells you how much your trade in is worth..........:whistle:

placidfemme
30th September 2005, 18:55
I've already been offered $1700 as a trade in... and 2200 private sale, and another offer of 2200 private sale

metric
1st October 2005, 16:16
sweet as... went in, that black bike went last week or something... but ended up buying another ZXR250A for $2850 with new tires... picking it up this week

YEHAA!!

SuperDave
1st October 2005, 20:24
You people really need to read the posts or at least learn how to skim read. Gareth mentioned the outcome of the sale of this particular bike in his post.

Suney
1st October 2005, 22:48
goign to go in tomrrow if they are open and see if its still avaliable, really keen!!

John
1st October 2005, 23:21
goign to go in tomrrow if they are open and see if its still avaliable, really keen!!
yea I rung them up and said I would be in tommorrow, I cant wait!

I bet I will get there first...

placidfemme
3rd October 2005, 06:37
Blah went down there first thing Saturday morning... bike had been sold on Tuesday :( so a few days too late...

However, the guy selling the bike (Rikki??) is currently building up another ZXR250 (looks like an 80's model) that will be ready for sale in a few weeks.

No doubt the bikes go out in good condition, but please be advised, from what I notied the "cheaper" bikes all have had accident damage, thats why they are so cheap...

Suney
3rd October 2005, 09:32
Blah went down there first thing Saturday morning... bike had been sold on Tuesday :( so a few days too late...

That's funny because look what gareth posted on tuesday

SOLD!!! Took superdave in there today.

R6_kid
3rd October 2005, 12:12

i did say SOLD didnt i?