PDA

View Full Version : North Island Pocket Bike Revival

Racerno37
27th August 2015, 11:03
Thumbs up North Island Pocket Bike revival
Hi Everyone

I'm trying to get pocket bike racing going again on the North Island. The plan is as follows:

1) initial "play day" with buckets at Mt Wellington on a Saturday. If there are enough people (and they all behave themselves) this could potentially be a monthly event.
2) possible "play day" at Taumarunui Kart Track (I haven't arranged this yet, but hope to get this in place)
3) If numbers are sufficient, a discussion with bucket racers about attaching pocket bike rides to their NI bucket events (at various kart tracks around NI).

So, If you are interested in a Saturday at Mt Wellington kart track, please let me know so that i can get an idea of numbers.

Please note:

a) Full face helmet, properly secured is manadatory
b) Full body covering is required
c) Gloves are required
d) sturdy footwear to above the ankle required
e) No stands, brackets or other hazards allowed on bikes
f) Plastic foot rests and bar ends are required on ALL bikes. Protect our host's tracks and they will let us keep riding.
g) there will be a small fee payable for the Mt Wellington rides
h) ALL BIKES AND GEAR WILL BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO BEING ALLOWED ON THE TRACK.

Dust off your bike and register your interest with me and I'll see what we can do.

cheers

newmanz
7th September 2015, 18:12
I've posted it up on our website home page and Facebook.
Let's hope the sun comes out.
We got the Manfeild race event on October 12th-14th so that will be our main focus, after that though we would be keen to get some bikes onto the Auckland track.

footprintracing
25th October 2015, 10:31
Id be keen for Mt Wellington and Taumaranui, have a daytona that just needs a new engine and a polini that needs to be dusted off and Id be away, so probly be good to go start of next year if something eventuates! :2thumbsup

joegtvr
29th January 2016, 14:51
Thumbs up North Island Pocket Bike revival
Hi Everyone

I'm trying to get pocket bike racing going again on the North Island. The plan is as follows:

1) initial "play day" with buckets at Mt Wellington on a Saturday. If there are enough people (and they all behave themselves) this could potentially be a monthly event.
2) possible "play day" at Taumarunui Kart Track (I haven't arranged this yet, but hope to get this in place)
3) If numbers are sufficient, a discussion with bucket racers about attaching pocket bike rides to their NI bucket events (at various kart tracks around NI).

So, If you are interested in a Saturday at Mt Wellington kart track, please let me know so that i can get an idea of numbers.

Please note:

a) Full face helmet, properly secured is manadatory
b) Full body covering is required
c) Gloves are required
d) sturdy footwear to above the ankle required
e) No stands, brackets or other hazards allowed on bikes
f) Plastic foot rests and bar ends are required on ALL bikes. Protect our host's tracks and they will let us keep riding.
g) there will be a small fee payable for the Mt Wellington rides
h) ALL BIKES AND GEAR WILL BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO BEING ALLOWED ON THE TRACK.

Dust off your bike and register your interest with me and I'll see what we can do.

cheers

Hey!

Just seen your post, I know i'm 6 months back but did any revival days / track days or anything ever get sorted out?

I am currently in Auckland, moving to Tauranga from March and would love to get involved in some mini moto racing!

I used to ride them quite a bit back home, and am struggling to find anywhere here to ride. I still need to buy one but can be done once I know where to ride :)

Thanks!

Racerno37
22nd July 2016, 15:47
Hi All

Still trying to get something going as far as a "play day" goes, Tokoroa, Taumarunui and if we can get the numbers, Mount Wellington. Keep in touch!

Nic172
12th January 2018, 13:39
Hi Guys

I'm back with a new user name.

Unfortunately i didn't manage to get anything sorted with the bucket guys for Auckland. I did get the nod for Tokoroa though. Please talk to all your friends and see if we can get the numbers for a day, or even a weekend.

cheers

V4-Junkie
12th May 2018, 18:09
Did the bucket guys snob you?

Tim
6th January 2020, 09:58
hey guys I know this is dredging up an old thread but I've still got a few mini's in the garage that would love to see the light of day again!

any of the old NZMMRC riders on here? :D

Cheers
Tim

WB46
26th January 2020, 13:24
Hi Guys,

Just looking to see if there are any pocket bike races or gatherings in Auckland?

Cheers!!

WB

Rachel28
9th April 2020, 10:26
Any cheap pocket bike for sale

azzanz1
14th September 2020, 21:54
Im intersted to know of anyone in the mid south island with bikes, i would love to see minimoto pick up again, i still have a bike its in pieces though.

i have the time and incentive to help get something happening, even casual laps somewhere in a low key car park, with approval of course.

good luck to all in the north i really hope you get some regular racing going.

azzanz1
14th September 2020, 22:06
would anyone run a fb page to promote minimoto in nz,
i have no idea at all how to admin a page.

Fisher
15th October 2020, 18:36
Frankly speaking, only thanks to this forum learned about the existence of minimoto!

BenFenn
21st November 2020, 03:55
Frankly speaking, only thanks to this forum learned about the existence of miniatv (https://www.kidsatvsale.com/kids-gas-powered-atvs/)!

And how is it going? Did you find your buddy?

Fisher
29th March 2021, 19:36
And how is it going? Did you find your buddy?

No, in my area this transport will not suit me!

NicR
20th August 2021, 13:42
Hi All

I'm still keen to get something going. Does anyone know of somewhere we could get permission to set up a temporary track and have a play?

NicR
20th August 2021, 13:44
Did the bucket guys snob you?

They weren't keen to involve us. I even tried AMCC, but never got a response. Now that Mount Wellington is gone, I'm not sure how to go forward.

NicR
20th August 2021, 13:46
Im intersted to know of anyone in the mid south island with bikes, i would love to see minimoto pick up again, i still have a bike its in pieces though.

i have the time and incentive to help get something happening, even casual laps somewhere in a low key car park, with approval of course.

good luck to all in the north i really hope you get some regular racing going.

Still hopeful! Mount Wellington has closed, so nowhere to ride in Auckland now.

NicR
20th August 2021, 13:48
hey guys I know this is dredging up an old thread but I've still got a few mini's in the garage that would love to see the light of day again!

any of the old NZMMRC riders on here? :D

Cheers
Tim

Hey Tim

Yes, missing the NZMMRC days. I'm thinking of trying the Whangarei Kart club to see if they will allow us to use their track.

NicR
20th August 2021, 14:19
would anyone run a fb page to promote minimoto in nz,
i have no idea at all how to admin a page.

Hi there. I have started Minimoto NZ on Facebook.

caseye
20th August 2021, 17:16
Well fuck you too, thread dredge with absolutely no relevance to the original post, fuck what a wanker!:sick:

NicR
20th August 2021, 17:56
Well fuck you too, thread dredge with absolutely no relevance to the original post, fuck what a wanker!:sick:

What's the issue here mate? I wrote the original post and am replying to those who posted.