PDA

View Full Version : MX Fitness

Brian d marge
24th September 2005, 02:06
Starting a new thread for those who ..like the pain ....all about MX fitness ....what do you do in order to last those 20 horrible min ,,,,

Stephen

Cary
24th September 2005, 07:18
RIDE then ride some more :hitcher:

White trash
24th September 2005, 07:40
Buy yourself a BowFlex, those puppies build staminer like you wouldn't believe.

Danger
24th September 2005, 07:40
20 stinkin minutes? Man, thats nothing! And it gets worse. Most events these days and you spend more time lining up at the start than actually racing. I thought 10mins was the norm these days? We used to race 35mins plus two laps! That was when you used to have to train. Not sure about now, but if your serious, it would help.
In the old days, (the 80's) to last a race and to finish only to still feel like you were going to puke your guts out, this was my program.
Sunday, race.
Monday sore as you can be, but cycle down to the gym at 6.00am for a workout (I didn't really agree with this, but my sponser and trainer used to make me) for an hour of circuit training. Cycle to work, and home after, 25 mins each way.
Tuesday, cycle to work, after work, cycle to my friends place 1 hour, x country run on hilly terrain for 1 hour including a sprint finish along the beach, 20 minutes swiming in the sea. Cycle home, 1 hour (on an old 10 speed).
Wednesday morn, 6am, 3x circuits at the gym, 1 hour. After work, riding spare MX bike at a track or subdivision until dark.
Thursday, cycle 1 hour, x country run 1 hour over hills and sprint on the sand, swim 20mins, cycle home 1 hour.
Friday, cycle to gym, circuits at the gym but only 2x instead of 3, cycle to and from work.
Saturday, just get ready for Sunday.
Sunday, race, feel like puking after each race.
Don't know that I would even bother training for these 10min races these days. Just ride and some basic fitness.

Brian d marge
24th September 2005, 22:46
Well at the moment ,,I cycle for 40 min each morning ,100 sit ups ,,now 200 dumbell lifts ( in the same way as me arms go over the ruts) ,, watch mx videos ...
and 1/2 way through races ...I am getting visions visions of pink elephant waving checkered flags ,,,and 12 yr olds with scotty hanging off the back shouting it will blow captain ...

Remind me do we call this fun???

Stephen

Brian d marge
25th September 2005, 20:49
Well the first outing since summer ...and the training has paid off a bit the legs are fine ,,,the shoulder blades are crying ,,,,foul ...

Today was wet clay with mud on top ...difting out off the corners with both wheels sliding ,,,is way cool !!!!

Stephen

Danger
25th September 2005, 22:41
Nothing beats riding for riding fitness. The problem is its so time consuming and expensive to do. Other training regimes can help. What I do these days is ride, and then I target the areas that I feel are my weekness. Is my cardio holding me back? Do some runing or cycling. Legs? Do squats. Chest? Press ups. I find over the months I can get into reasonable riding fitness just riding once a week and targeting the areas that get sore during a ride.
I'm not all that serious these days. More a fun rider, so this works for me and helps me beat my mates.

clint640
26th September 2005, 13:23
Mountainbiking. Lots of it. Up hills & stuff.
Indoor rockclimbing.

Cheers
Clint

Firefight
27th September 2005, 07:31
plenty of good ideas here, try doing a few iron man cross country events (about 4 hours) should see you right, few of those under your belt and 20 mins will seem like a brezze.

F/F

Fryin Finn
27th September 2005, 07:58
Fitness training for 20 min moto.
Get outa bed wait extra half hour for first fag of the day.
Bacon, eggs, sausages toast and 1 pint mug of coffee for breakfast.
Take Barrocca for that stinking Hangover.
Essential to have big dump before heading out.
Save cleaning and maintenance on bike till next week.
Ride 40 mins for every 20 min moto. If feeling a bit week have a beer - natures own remedy.
Limit to 1 packet of fags when riding.
If injured have offending part amputated.
I look forward to meeting you on the track.
:sick:

DEATH_INC.
27th September 2005, 08:29
I usta run 10-15k's every night followed by a lightish 1/2 hour to 1 hour weight training session.
Rowing is the trick,MX is all about holding on while the bike is trying to leap out from under you....

Brian d marge
27th September 2005, 13:01
Well I obviously missed an important muscle group cos across me shoulder blade are complaining like hell

All the rest is ok ...just those ones
I wonder if one of those stretchy spring things can be used to work those muscles ??

Stephen