PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Aprilia Tuono R - High km, swap for sport or +cash

mvagusta
7th September 2015, 22:21
Hey guys,

I have a 2005 tuono I bought 6 months ago, Bike is in good nick for km's (101000) I have just replaced spark plugs (NGK iridium), oil/filter change, chain and sprockets good, tyres 70%. Couple of marks, lots of carbon fiber components, and rensil fat bars.

Ok so look when I came to NZ 7 years ago, I did not have the funds to buy a bike, so when I felt in a position to do so earlier this year it was a spur of the moment because we were changing location in work, eg. sports/commuter compromise. I had prev owned a mile r, but had always rather liked the tuonos as a possible try. I do, its a great bike, its just not me, I am not a love of the more upright position, being that my preference is to be more over the tank commuting or not I just don't care.

So I am looking to sell, but truth is, I am even more keen to swap, I want any of the following, can pay some cash towards but straight swap or outright sale preferable. The following is a list of bikes I would consider to swap with, I have had everyone in the list back in the uk bar the R1, don't ask, im ultimately never happy, so who knows may be doing this again, anyways:
R1
GSXR 1000 (actually only owned the 600)
gsxr 750 (ok perhaps I was fibbing a bit not onwed this either, darn!)
r6
kawsaki zx10r (or 636 perhaps)
mvagusta 1000 (yes i know +money it would have to be a 2003/2004 model, I dont see many of them around) - owned the 312 back in uk very last bike, was awesome on an 2007.
aprilia Mille R yup i love these bikes just not the upright handlebars.
Ducati 749 + cash from me possibly if right one

would also possibly consider a project bike, heaven forbid im off the road for a bit, but hey, I fancy getting my hands dirty if it means I get what I want!

so look if you want to come look, ride/borrow, no probs more than welcome, but you need to have proof of funds and or proof of insurance and I don't know sign something to say you crash it you own it! Either way happy to let you play with it try it out and go from there.

If you have any questions just give me a shout.

Cheers
Here is the trademe listing
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=945209594

Oh any feedback also appreciated.

mossy1200
7th September 2015, 23:13
Option A.

Take the bar risers off your Tuono and get lower bars also. take that massive zorst off and get something smaller. Keep bike you have.

Option B.

Sell Tuono without all this swap stuff on your auction before everyone that has some barely moving early 90s sports tourer calls you. Then take the $4.5k you get and add $4.5k more to it and buy a sports bike without massive km on it around the 2008 age period.

Your likely to come back with the bike your selling is worth more than 4.5 but its worth what someone is prepared to offer.
Idd swap my 2005 gsf1200s for it with 1k my way. See how that went.

nodrog
8th September 2015, 07:59
Would you be keen to swap with a 2011 GSXR1000, 1 owner, 19000ks?

mvagusta
9th September 2015, 21:53
Option A.

Take the bar risers off your Tuono and get lower bars also. take that massive zorst off and get something smaller. Keep bike you have.

Option B.

Sell Tuono without all this swap stuff on your auction before everyone that has some barely moving early 90s sports tourer calls you. Then take the $4.5k you get and add $4.5k more to it and buy a sports bike without massive km on it around the 2008 age period.

Your likely to come back with the bike your selling is worth more than 4.5 but its worth what someone is prepared to offer.
Idd swap my 2005 gsf1200s for it with 1k my way. See how that went.

Yes, I get what your saying Mossy - at same time, Ive done all the looking into dropping the bars, looked at woodcraft clip ons, good reviews, nice configuration, and then also looked into tuono to mille conversion. At end of the dy I like the bike, I like the look of the bike, I just don't like it as much as I like a sport bike!! I'm a prick I know i just cant help it, bloody ridiculous.

That aside, yes well if the bike dont fall into the list stated, its not worth replying to hence why i state nothing outside list. Cheers though good feedback :")

mvagusta
9th September 2015, 21:55
Would you be keen to swap with a 2011 GSXR1000, 1 owner, 19000ks?

Yes, (semi feel im getting trolled lol) however, yes, what additional cash you looking for? I have a feeling its more than I'm prepared to chuck in.

cheers

nodrog
10th September 2015, 08:21
Yes, (semi feel im getting trolled lol) however, yes, what additional cash you looking for? I have a feeling its more than I'm prepared to chuck in.

cheers

Sorry I thought you weren't interested, so I swapped it for a Suzuki ls650 at the dealer yesterday. Cost me a couple of $ to swap but its better on my back.

mvagusta
10th September 2015, 11:52
Sorry I thought you weren't interested, so I swapped it for a Suzuki ls650 at the dealer yesterday. Cost me a couple of $ to swap but its better on my back.

Haha Loving it :") - Nothing better than a bit of quirky wit to make my morning.

nodrog
10th September 2015, 11:58
Haha Loving it :") - Nothing better than a bit of quirky wit to make my morning.

Did I make a joke?

mvagusta
10th September 2015, 20:38
Even funnier you did not notice lol

mossy1200
10th September 2015, 21:04
Even funnier you did not notice lol

Ill swap a GTR for it. Only 6100km