PDA

View Full Version : Sold the ute but still got the hound

98tls
12th September 2015, 21:45
Theres a problem,dog wont take kindly to being left at home and buggered if i am driving the wee Mitsi runabout all the time,bought myself a new taxi ie BA GTP falcon and i dont want to be luxing dog hair outta the back seat all the time,once saw a canvas type seat cover (should ave bought one) to combat such irritations,anyone with a hairy hound and sedan know where i could find such a thing?

AllanB
12th September 2015, 21:48
Nah - prefer cats :rolleyes: I can leave em at home.

Sold the ute! Mind you I do approve of the replacement.

Head to the Warehouse or similar and shout the dog a nice rug for the new car.

JimO
12th September 2015, 21:49
trade me usually has that sort of thing or get a cheap set of seat covers from repco

Motu
12th September 2015, 21:50
All the farmer's utes have them, you can also get them for farmbike and quad bike seats. So, Farmlands etc? Or dealers as the dealer who might fit them new....although we don't.

Big Dog
12th September 2015, 21:51
Stupid sheep auto usually carry them. Tbh I found it easier to fit car seat covers.

Sent via tapatalk.

98tls
12th September 2015, 21:53
Nah - prefer cats :rolleyes: I can leave em at home.

Sold the ute! Mind you I do approve of the replacement.

Head to the Warehouse or similar and shout the dog a nice rug for the new car.

Thought about one of those plastic covers but the noise would be annoying at best....somehow the bastards hair seems to work through a rug as in the wee mitsi,doesnt matter in that though.Yep utes replacements a good un....few things need doing ie remove orrible door edge protectors and wank KW stickers.BBS rims are divine.

AllanB
12th September 2015, 21:56
442 hp Boss. Nice :cool:

Agree about the fagg door trims - they are a worry!

98tls
12th September 2015, 21:59
442 hp Boss. Nice :cool:

Agree about the fagg door trims - they are a worry!

Yep,thing has had some work but 330kws :tugger:Door trim things are easy enough to get off but a fair amount of elbow grease to remove the residue left behind.

AllanB
12th September 2015, 22:03
Yep,thing has had some work but 330kws :tugger:Door trim things are easy enough to get off but a fair amount of elbow grease to remove the residue left behind.

Local supermarket should carry a product called Desolvit - works a treat on sticky residue like that - spray, leave for 5 mins or some and wipe off - repeat as required. $10 for a bottle. A disturbing number of used for it around the house!

98tls
12th September 2015, 22:06
Local supermarket should carry a product called Desolvit - works a treat on sticky residue like that - spray, leave for 5 mins or some and wipe off - repeat as required. $10 for a bottle. A disturbing number of used for it around the house!

Thanks mate will have a gander in New World tommorow,long as it leaves the paint behind:rolleyes:

AllanB
12th September 2015, 22:09
Thanks mate will have a gander in New World tommorow,long as it leaves the paint behind:rolleyes:

Won't hurt it. Citrus based - the car will even smell better after. I've used it to remove tar, stupid factory warning stickers (Honda - smack on the tank - wear a helmet .....).

Gremlin
12th September 2015, 22:13
Shoulda bought a van... more practical :laugh:

You'll be wanting something like this: http://www.littlepaws.co.nz/car-back-seat-protector

oldrider
12th September 2015, 22:14
Theres a problem,dog wont take kindly to being left at home and buggered if i am driving the wee Mitsi runabout all the time,bought myself a new taxi ie BA GTP falcon and i dont want to be luxing dog hair outta the back seat all the time,once saw a canvas type seat cover (should ave bought one) to combat such irritations,anyone with a hairy hound and sedan know where i could find such a thing?

Hi Mike,

I had some seat covers made for my wee 4X4 Toyota Town Ace by these guys: http://www.ruggedvalley.co.nz/index.html Worth a look?

They fucked mine up but I do think they are better than that and the covers might be exactly what you want/need. Cheers, John.

98tls
12th September 2015, 22:18
Shoulda bought a van... more practical :laugh:

You'll be wanting something like this: http://www.littlepaws.co.nz/car-back-seat-protector

Dunno about that mate,dog looks like he wants to say WTF...

98tls
12th September 2015, 22:20
Hi Mike,

I had some seat covers made for my wee 4X4 Toyota Town Ace by these guys: http://www.ruggedvalley.co.nz/index.html Worth a look?

They fucked mine up but I do think they are better than that and the covers might be exactly what you want/need. Cheers, John.

Cheers mate,might even pop down to Blackhawk (local) and see what they could do

nzspokes
12th September 2015, 22:31
We recently bought a Commodore Wagon for the same reason. Kids, Mastif x and a Red nose dont fit on the back seat.

oldrider
12th September 2015, 22:32
Cheers mate,might even pop down to Blackhawk (local) and see what they could do

Sometimes Peter Keown has those canvas seat covers in for fitting to their Utes - that's where I saw them - OK for more popular models.

They just could not get their heads around my specific model! :brick: Still using them and they would be good if they had got them right! :facepalm:

Virago
12th September 2015, 22:35
You can get "picnic" type rugs which have a textured rubber backing on the underside. One of those should stop the dog hair working through.

Nice car. Should get a few years out of that.

98tls
12th September 2015, 22:39
You can get "picnic" type rugs which have a textured rubber backing on the underside. One of those should stop the dog hair working through.

Nice car. Should get a few years out of that.

Might have a look at that to,cheers.Yep the coons a keeper for sure,always wanted something that left the Ford factory with a GT badge but didnt have the foresight to buy an XY/XA etc and keep it back in the day,had a very nice XYGS but was stupid enough to sell that as well.:oi-grr:

oldrider
12th September 2015, 22:43
Might have a look at that to,cheers.Yep the coons a keeper for sure,always wanted something that left the Ford factory with a GT badge but didnt have the foresight to buy an XY/XA etc and keep it back in the day,had a very nice XYGS but was stupid enough to sell that as well.:oi-grr:

Gotta say - all your gear looks smart! :first:

98tls
12th September 2015, 22:50
Gotta say - all your gear looks smart! :first:

:niceone:Cheers mate,gotta say if my her indoors looks as good as yours does at comparable age i will be a very appy chappy.:niceone:Vicky just said "hi to you both".

Akzle
13th September 2015, 06:04
black dog or black duck... Some strayan crowd, make canvas work utey type covers, have premade for mitsi, yota etc, probly not a coon tho but may have multifit that would suit.

awa355
13th September 2015, 07:11

Does the dog have a preference? After all, he has to sit on the thing, :laugh:

Robbo
13th September 2015, 07:11

Yep, DeSolve-It is brilliant. Have been using it for years with great results and it does'nt harm anything. I get it from Bunnings.
As for the dog hair, just get an old blanket and cover the back seat with it whenever you are travelling with the dog on board.
Then take it out and keep it in the boot when you are'nt using it.:niceone:

Berries
13th September 2015, 07:36
black dog or black duck.
Black Duck. Brother in law has them for rear seat covers in a Ranger ute. Be good for a dog, a bit rough for some back seat bikini action though.

blackduck.co.nz (http://www.blackduck.co.nz/)

Akzle
13th September 2015, 08:25
Black Duck. Brother in law has them for rear seat covers in a Ranger ute. Be good for a dog, a bit rough for some back seat bikini action though.

blackduck.co.nz (http://www.blackduck.co.nz/)

they get a bit softer as you *ahem* wear them in...

Berries
13th September 2015, 10:31
I am not sure it is that type of dog.

JimO
13th September 2015, 12:57
I am not sure it is that type of dog.
after a few beers they are all that type of dog

Laava
13th September 2015, 21:29
Bump........

scumdog
13th September 2015, 21:37

Pfft! Geeze Mike, put a tow-bar on, fit a dog-box onto it and you're away laughing!
(Maybe the dog won't laugh...)
:lol:

Ender EnZed
13th September 2015, 22:11
Rubber boot liner and open the hole in the middle seat so the dog can stick its head through from the boot.

Akzle
14th September 2015, 07:44
Rubber boot liner and open the hole in the middle seat so the dog can stick its head through from the boot.

dogs in vehicles need windows. Fact.

98tls
24th September 2015, 17:27

:niceone:Job done A,your right tis brillant stuff indeed...still took me 2 hours to get it all off but worth it.Cheers for that and yea theres still a wee piece left on rear door,ran outta time so will get it done in the weekend.

AllanB
24th September 2015, 20:22
Good stuff. Looks 100% better. Looks like you have cracked out the polish too :niceone:

Virago
24th September 2015, 20:57
:niceone:Job done A,your right tis brillant stuff indeed...still took me 2 hours to get it all off but worth it.Cheers for that and yea theres still a wee piece left on rear door,ran outta time so will get it done in the weekend.

Shit that's nice. I'll happily do you a swap for a really basic BF XT model. :rolleyes:

98tls
25th September 2015, 16:59
Shit that's nice. I'll happily do you a swap for a really basic BF XT model. :rolleyes:

Tough call but think i will keep the GTP eh.:niceone:

98tls
26th September 2015, 18:17
Good stuff. Looks 100% better. Looks like you have cracked out the polish too :niceone:

Yep gave it a quick flick,will give it the clay bar when i get a day spare,used that stuff again today after removing some of the wank stickers with a heat gun,great stuff cheers for posting up about it.More importantly wheres the pics of the new bike mate and hows it going with it?http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/tlme/GTP%20014%20Medium_zpslboj3hip.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/tlme/media/GTP%20014%20Medium_zpslboj3hip.jpg.html)