PDA

View Full Version : Movie review - Kung Fu Hustle

Krayy
24th September 2005, 16:16
....Conversation with self (no, not that one, the OTHER one)......

Wife and kids at in-laws? Check
Gym closed? Check
After work festivities finished? Check

What now? Hey, I know, what about a movie? Are you kidding, theres stuff all on at the moment. I heard that "Kung Fu Hustle" got some good reviews. Why not? Nothing else going. We're off.

.....2 hours later.....

Holy shit, that was cool!! I would best describe Kung Fu Hustle as a cross between Monty Python meets Crouching Tiger (without the Dragon). This kung fu comedy will have you rolling in the aisles. If you like Kung Pow (and let's face it, who didn't) this movie will tickle more than just your funny bone. From the ridiculous to the sublime, the movie covers all the bases and has parodies aplenty ranging from Spiderman to Road Runner to "So, I married an axe murderer".

Final rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Zed
24th September 2005, 16:27
....Conversation with self (no, not that one, the OTHER one)......

Wife and kids at in-laws? Check
Gym closed? Check
After work festivities finished? Check

What now? Hey, I know, what about a movie? Are you kidding, theres stuff all on at the moment. I heard that "Kung Fu Hustle" got some good reviews. Why not? Nothing else going. We're off.

.....2 hours later.....

Holy shit, that was cool!! I would best describe Kung Fu Hustle as a cross between Monty Python meets Crouching Tiger (without the Dragon). This kung fu comedy will have you rolling in the aisles. If you like Kung Pow (and let's face it, who didn't) this movie will tickle more than just your funny bone. From the ridiculous to the sublime, the movie covers all the bases and has parodies aplenty ranging from Spiderman to Road Runner to "So, I married an axe murderer".

Final rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars:woohoo: You're just a big kid at heart krayy (I know the story behind your nickname) !

I might have to go and see this Kung Fu Hustle sometime, especially after that review. I usually rate movies out of 10, but I see that you use increments of 0.5 adding up to 5 so in essence 10 points - excellent! 4.5 is high, let's just hope you have good taste in movies, lol. :confused:

NC
24th September 2005, 16:28
I saw that movie a few months ago. It was great :D

FlangMasterJ
24th September 2005, 16:58
I've seen the trailers and have heard it's pretty good. Top of the 'movie's to see next list'.

You guys have got to watch Dust to Glory. It's a documentary/movie about the Baja 1000. One of my fave movies of all time. It's directed by the son of the guy who directed On Any Sunday (classic motorcycle film). Both are a must see.

Sniper
26th September 2005, 10:25
I must see that. Is it still on at the theaters?

SPORK
26th September 2005, 10:41
Same.

Aaaaaannnnd, I have 3 free Hoyts tickets, tell me what's good on now!

Sniper
26th September 2005, 10:46
Same.

Aaaaaannnnd, I have 3 free Hoyts tickets, tell me what's good on now!

Send me one and I will tell you. :corn:

Fart
27th September 2005, 08:52
"O" for awesome movie! :clap:

Got the dvd before the movie came out.

Krayy
27th September 2005, 08:55
I saw it at St Lukes, but it's donw to one showing a day there and Queen St. Check your local papers as only the main cinemas would have it now.

Sniper
27th September 2005, 08:57
Cool, I never thought of that

pyrocam
27th September 2005, 09:23
must..... refrain......from.. spending ....fastest indian.... movie ....money