PDA

View Full Version : Apple watch thingies?

oldrider
1st October 2015, 17:01
Does anyone own or know about these things? http://www.apple.com/nz/watch/buy/?cp=em-P0016836-343622&cid=CDM-NZ-P0016836-Watch&sr=em I don't have a watch - are these things value? :confused:

Tazz
1st October 2015, 17:18
My 10c: Smart watches in general are awesome, other than the fact you have to charge them all the time, which to me just makes them a tiny tablet or phone (depending on model and function) so as awesome as I think they are I will never own one.

Gremlin
1st October 2015, 17:34
Watches by both Samsung and Apple tether to the mobile, ie, you need one of them first. They do things like allow you to interact with your mobile while your mobile is in your pocket. You can answer calls, get reminders for calendar appointments etc. Remember that the interface is small so function is limited. (oh, steps as well, for fitness trackers I think).

I ditched a watch years ago once all my bikes had clocks, I work in IT so I'm almost always surrounded by computers (with clocks) and I'm tethered to my mobile (not exactly enjoyable, but oh well) which also has a clock.

So I don't see a point at all... Enough of a pain keeping my mobile charged up (can't last a day and I'm not even using it that much) without having another annoyance.

Edbear
1st October 2015, 18:06
Horses for courses. I have a Galaxy S watch which basically replicates my Galaxy S5 mobile. My wife and I have one each and the main benefit we like is that we get the notifications, etc. When you can't hear your phone. It rings and vibrates on your wrist and now my wife has no excuse for not answering me!

Another advantage is that a quick glance at the watch and you can determine whether it's important or not.

Akzle
1st October 2015, 18:07
Does anyone own or know about these things? http://www.apple.com/nz/watch/buy/?cp=em-P0016836-343622&cid=CDM-NZ-P0016836-Watch&sr=em I don't have a watch - are these things value? :confused:
no no and no again.

Anything iApple is for iWankers.

Want a watch? Buy a fucking brietling. They are value. Hold thier value, and let everyone in the vicinity who matters, know that you're a fuckin pimp.

And if by some jewry you end up poor, ou can use it as the deposit for a house.

Akzle
1st October 2015, 18:11
Another advantage is that a quick glance at the watch and you can determine whether it's important or not.

given that you're just a fucken dope head, it probably isnt.

If you were a fireman or paramed, surgeon, landsar, coastguard, or chuck norris, you'd have a fucken pager/ the force.
As it is. Nothing on facebook or your fucking cellphone is or will be important.

You are fucking irrelevant.

Swoop
1st October 2015, 18:15
You probably mean iFelchers.

All those who happily shove their tongue up the arse of a tax-evading, fanboi empire.

Agree with the Breitling thing though.

JimO
1st October 2015, 18:50
You probably mean iFelchers.

All those who happily shove their tongue up the arse of a tax-evading, fanboi empire.

Agree with the Breitling thing though.
your just jealous

Swoop
1st October 2015, 19:01
your just jealous
What?
In Auckland they give the damn' things away with a coffee. Fucked if I would have one.
Apparently they have their uses though.

oldrider
1st October 2015, 19:13
My 10c: Smart watches in general are awesome, other than the fact you have to charge them all the time, which to me just makes them a tiny tablet or phone (depending on model and function) so as awesome as I think they are I will never own one.

Watches by both Samsung and Apple tether to the mobile, ie, you need one of them first. They do things like allow you to interact with your mobile while your mobile is in your pocket. You can answer calls, get reminders for calendar appointments etc. Remember that the interface is small so function is limited. (oh, steps as well, for fitness trackers I think).

I ditched a watch years ago once all my bikes had clocks, I work in IT so I'm almost always surrounded by computers (with clocks) and I'm tethered to my mobile (not exactly enjoyable, but oh well) which also has a clock.

So I don't see a point at all... Enough of a pain keeping my mobile charged up (can't last a day and I'm not even using it that much) without having another annoyance.

Thanks everyone - now I remember why I didn't look at them before - I can delete their new add mail and move on! :niceone:

AllanB
1st October 2015, 20:01
I watched (haha) the release when they came out and laughed. What a wank.

If you want a nice watch to tell the time spend similar money on a nice dress piece. If you want a fancy electronic doo dah thingy buy a smart phone (which incidentally has a clock on it ......)

If you really need to monitor your heartbeat - maybe you should be more concerned with your health and invest in that.

R650R
1st October 2015, 20:30
Iwatch too expensive for me at moment. My fitness racker/heartrate thingy is good when out on mountainbike as the vibe alerts you to important calls.
Good also if your doing stuff in shed where having phone close by isn't practical etc....
Get over the whole ienvy thing, they are tools like anything else.
Just like not everyone needs a cordless18v battery drill but hey for some of us they are handy...

Edbear
2nd October 2015, 09:13
given that you're just a fucken dope head, it probably isnt.

If you were a fireman or paramed, surgeon, landsar, coastguard, or chuck norris, you'd have a fucken pager/ the force.
As it is. Nothing on facebook or your fucking cellphone is or will be important.

You are fucking irrelevant.

In your humble opinion, of course. :lol:

You're just as irrelevant to moi, so even I guess... :whocares:

Akzle
2nd October 2015, 09:22
In your humble opinion, of course. :lol:

You're just as irrelevant to moi, so even I guess... :whocares:

i carry at least one pager and up to 3 phones. but hey... what would you know, right?

how's the view from that far up your arse?

awa355
2nd October 2015, 10:33
I don't wear a watch, I just ask someone else 'What's the time?'.

pzkpfw
2nd October 2015, 11:37
Someone tell Akzle that the pager network is being shut off soonish.

Akzle
2nd October 2015, 12:29
Someone tell Akzle that the pager network is being shut off soonish.

iiiiiiiii know. Fucking spark bastard motherfuckers. It's like, the worst of telescum, trying to be hip like fucken 2degrees, while fucking their business 'customers'.
Eat a dick telecom. Eat a dick.

Dont blame me if no cunt fetches ya when you're lost in the boosh and/or drowning.

Edbear
2nd October 2015, 14:42
i carry at least one pager and up to 3 phones. but hey... what would you know, right?

how's the view from that far up your arse?

:violin: .....:yawn:

Tazz
2nd October 2015, 15:37
If you want a nice watch to tell the time spend similar money on a nice dress piece.

To be fair, as a dress piece a smart watch has a wicked advantage in the way you can change the face of the watch to look like a shite load of different watches.
Not the same as the real thing, sure, but still thousands + of appearances in one.

Edbear
2nd October 2015, 16:29
To be fair, as a dress piece a smart watch has a wicked advantage in the way you can change the face of the watch to look like a shite load of different watches.
Not the same as the real thing, sure, but still thousands + of appearances in one.

Nobody will acknowledge your Rolex or Breitling but everyone wants to know about your smart watch! A great introduction piece!

Katman
2nd October 2015, 16:32
Nobody will acknowledge your Rolex or Breitling but everyone wants to know about your smart watch! A great introduction piece!

I didn't buy my Tag for people to acknowledge it.

You really do crave attention, don't you Ed?

Edbear
2nd October 2015, 16:40
I didn't buy my Tag for people to acknowledge it.

You really do crave attention, don't you Ed?

Not craving it, I just naturally draw people to me with my good looks and charm.... :whistle:

I don't flash it around but whenever people notice it they always ask about it.

JimO
2nd October 2015, 17:20
i have a rolex, cost me $4.00 in china, im pretty sure its legit

Swoop
2nd October 2015, 17:31
... you can change the face of the watch to look like a shite load of different watches.

Just like a turd.

It still looks the same on the outside (where it is seen) but can contain vastly different internals.

AllanB
2nd October 2015, 19:18

Only if you hang out with hipsters Ed ......

Akzle
2nd October 2015, 19:42

or if everyones' boring and whacked out on script meds....

bogan
2nd October 2015, 19:43
Yeh, they're fucking great for when your phone is in your rolled up flannel sleeve, your phablet is in your ripped denim jeans, your tablet in your rucksack, notebook on your single speed bicycle's front basket, laptop at your parents place, and computer in your spacious loft above an arts and crafts store.

Don't know how all them fascist plebs survive without them :innocent:

Edbear
3rd October 2015, 09:06

Seems to cross all boundaries in my experience, from beneficiaries to Corporate leaders, from the very poor to the very rich. Generally, people are interested in technology whether they understand it or not.

HenryDorsetCase
3rd October 2015, 11:09
no no and no again.

Want a watch? Buy a fucking brietling. They are value. Hold thier value, and let everyone in the vicinity who matters, know that you're a fuckin pimp.

And if by some jewry you end up poor, ou can use it as the deposit for a house.

peasant. "Buy a Breitling" so people will know you're a tryhard nouveau riche johnny come lately tosser.

IWC for understated elegance, Patek Phillippe for a bit of pizzazz, Omega (Speedmaster/Seamaster) for a tool watch. Audemars Piquet or Hublot if you are European old money.

friends dont let friends buy Breitling.

HenryDorsetCase
3rd October 2015, 11:11
Just like a turd.

It still looks the same on the outside (where it is seen) but can contain vastly different internals.

I know, right? we should have a "post a pic of your turds" thread so that we can all diagnose each others diets and any maladies we might be suffering from.

Eat more fibre and drink more water is good advice though!

Tazz
3rd October 2015, 11:11
Seems to cross all boundaries in my experience, from beneficiaries to Corporate leaders, from the very poor to the very rich. Generally, people are interested in technology whether they understand it or not.

Yeah, but...

ANYTHING NEW THAT I DON'T HAVE A NEED FOR OR UNDERSTAND AND ANYONE THAT USES SAID THINGS ARE THE DEBBIL! BURN EM WITH FIRE!

there is always that approach too :laugh:

Laava
3rd October 2015, 11:15
i have a rolex, cost me $4.00 in china, im pretty sure its legit

A Wolex?......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11518373