PDA

View Full Version : Propoganda from our tree hugger friends

YellowDog
7th October 2015, 08:56
They might have a point :o

awa355
7th October 2015, 12:36
But trees don't, and the rich still need Teak decking on their yachts, and oxygen is still plentiful and free, for now. :weep:

Tazz
7th October 2015, 13:34
Yeah tis a pretty sad state the way we rape our resources.
Was just reading today about NZ's freshwater mussel that is in major decline, mainly due to us being guts and eating the whitebait they attach themselves to for a few weeks as part of their development process and changing the flows with our 'oh so green, shit doesn't stick to us', hydro dams.

In other news, Chernobyl is a thriving (ironically?) ecosystem because of the fact us hoomans stay the hell away from it :laugh:

Maha
7th October 2015, 14:15
They (non tree huggers) have cut done many hectares of Pine between Whakamaru and Tokoroa in recent months, yes months, they (non tree huggers) don't fuck around when clearing for farms, I think there is nine farms going in where the there was once forrest. There are cows grazing/milk sheds operating/houses built and power poles/lines in, all since about April.

Akzle
7th October 2015, 14:23
but if you massively depopulate the planet (of humans) you wont need as much oxygen.

Of course, if it's just you and your rich jew buddies left alive there will be a sever shortage of people who can feed themselves, or you....

I vote we colonise mars. With all the jews.

ellipsis
7th October 2015, 17:28
but if you massively depopulate the planet (of humans) you wont need as much oxygen.

Of course, if it's just you and your rich jew buddies left alive there will be a sever shortage of people who can feed themselves, or you....

I vote we colonise mars. With all the jews.

...we send them on trains?...

Woodman
7th October 2015, 17:32
The planet will survive, humans won't.

The planet won't give two fucks about a weird itch it just had.

sidecar bob
7th October 2015, 17:41
They (non tree huggers) have cut done many hectares of Pine between Whakamaru and Tokoroa in recent months, yes months, they (non tree huggers) don't fuck around when clearing for farms, I think there is nine farms going in where the there was once forrest. There are cows grazing/milk sheds operating/houses built and power poles/lines in, all since about April.

We noticed that on our little reccee down your way on the weekend (Good to catch up with you chums) It makes the drive totally different.
What must not be forgotten is that those trees were planted as a crop to be harvested, so eventually harvesting them was the end game from the get go.
Nobody would notice if someone in Ohakunie harvested their carrots & put in a dairy farm instead because carrots grow much closer to the ground.

Maha
7th October 2015, 17:57
We noticed that on our little reccee down your way on the weekend (Good to catch up with you chums) It makes the drive totally different.
What must not be forgotten is that those trees were planted as a crop to be harvested, so eventually harvesting them was the end game from the get go.
Nobody would notice if someone in Ohakunie harvested their carrots & put in a dairy farm instead because carrots grow much closer to the ground.

We were down Ohakune way a couple of weeks ago, and apart from that massive carrot, we couldn't really see any carrot crops, okay we saw one paddock.

Yes pine trees have a 20 year (give or take) life span, and it has opened up the area dramatically, it's the time it took to turn the land into farms and the infrastructure that seems staggering. Good to meet you guys as well.

oldrider
7th October 2015, 18:35

I hope you did not miss the part where those trees were also planted as a means of work creation at the time! - Early NZ gov'ts were big on work creation! :yes:

sidecar bob
7th October 2015, 19:01
I hope you did not miss the part where those trees were also planted as a means of work creation at the time! - Early NZ gov'ts were big on work creation! :yes:

Yep, they created a heap of work, most of it at the point where they were cut down, cleaned up & trucked off to (presumably) a port.

Shaun Harris
7th October 2015, 19:02

Yep, they knew the asians were coming to buy up all our houses, so needed more wood to build more to over price the market place with succesfully

BMWST?
7th October 2015, 19:07
also between taupo and rotorua

Maha
7th October 2015, 19:37

....and school trips, early 70's a few bus loads from my school went to Santoft and planted pines. A fun day as I recall.

Berries
7th October 2015, 20:28
Well we lost a few on my road this afternoon.

I blame the hippies.

puddytat
7th October 2015, 20:34
And so you should...we're getting fuck sick & tired of waiting for you rednecks to get with the programme....

F5 Dave
9th October 2015, 03:52
Ahh there will be some way of claiming its carbon neutral so we'll all be saved.

So what I want to knew is; when I'm out trail riding, doing my best to poison the planet with blue smoke, -why is the Wi-Fi coverage so shit? We really need to invest in better infrastructure.