PDA

View Full Version : Burning DVD help

Quasievil
24th September 2005, 18:52
Hi , cant seem to burn a copy of a downloaded AVI type file onto a DVD, I have windows media player which doesnt recognise the file as its AVI.
I got the file from Bitcomet.
Can anyone suggest a free software download which can help me to burn a dvd :blip: ?
Appreciate your help.

PS no I didnt steal a downloaded movie :shake:

dss3
24th September 2005, 18:58
i think i use one called "dvd shrink" or "super dvd creator" if that helps.

jimdaworm
24th September 2005, 19:03
Otherwise nero (The full version at least) will convert and burn avis to dvd so they can be watched on a normal dvd player

Quasievil
24th September 2005, 19:07
i think i use one called "dvd shrink" or "super dvd creator" if that helps.

Dont you answer ya phone anymore ??? wheres me fucken bracket :ar15: ????

Quasievil
24th September 2005, 19:13
Otherwise nero (The full version at least) will convert and burn avis to dvd so they can be watched on a normal dvd player

Is that free ?

zeRax
24th September 2005, 19:20
www.videohelp.com

is a very good reasource, used to do alot of video burning and shit, which reminds me i gotta get ghost riders again, just got judgement day 2 and some street bike warriors shit, its all really the same thou, and its quite poserish shit, dont really like these videos
bunch of retarded ghetto fuckers on bikes, be alot better without them and the shitty music

jimdaworm
24th September 2005, 19:51
No nero isnt free although they often give away the express version with a dvd-writer.

check this out though, it looks bloody good, just make sure you read the fine print and make sure there is no spyware :blah:

***update I read the stuff no spyware*********

FlangMasterJ
24th September 2005, 20:15
Here ya go broseph,

Go to www.winavi.com and download the free demo. Enter this name and serial number:

Name: Regnow Order

S/N: EBE95B780B867091C8F6D58FE5B65B9EBA6E8D9D2075F3A5
Edit/Delete Message

Sniper
24th September 2005, 21:40
Good luck quasi.

Quasievil
26th September 2005, 10:36
Well Ive burnt a couple of DVD's I think and put them into the Xbox to watch and it said it cant recognise the file, I think they are AVI type?

Does that mean I should get a mod for the Xbox , or would it be better to buy a DVD player that can run AVI ?

Anymore advise for a retard like me out there ??

Sniper
26th September 2005, 10:41
You will proberbly need a modded XBOX to run AVI;s. I could be wrong though.

FlangMasterJ
26th September 2005, 10:48
Well Ive burnt a couple of DVD's I think and put them into the Xbox to watch and it said it cant recognise the file, I think they are AVI type?

Does that mean I should get a mod for the Xbox , or would it be better to buy a DVD player that can run AVI ?

Did you use WinAVI? This program converts AVI files to DVD format. Just make sure it's in PAL format not NTSC.

I burnt an AVI using WinAVI and it worked okay except the sound was out of sync by about a second.

Sniper
26th September 2005, 10:51
Did you use WinAVI? This program converts AVI files to DVD format. Just make sure it's in PAL format not NTSC.

I burnt an AVI using WinAVI and it worked okay except the sound was out of sync by about a second.

Mine all run fine.

Biff
26th September 2005, 12:58

My X-Box doesn't like some CDRs/DVDRs, but some don't mind playing them. I took a small video clip on a CDRW I'd made to another KBers house recently and it worked fine, yet it wouldn;t work on my XBox - I had the same error message as yours.

Have you bought the DVD remote control kit for it? If you haven;t then I'm 95% sure you won;t be able to play DVDs on it.

I can play DVD's and AVIs etc on mine niet problemo - but mine may or may not have alledgedly been chipped.

jimdaworm
26th September 2005, 21:26
mod chips will allow you to play just about anything on xboxs they rock :rockon: ... if only I wasnt such a geek and my computer didnt have so much better graphics than an xbox I would buy one :doh: