PDA

View Full Version : St Heliers Cafe Bunnies

Old Steve
18th October 2015, 20:18
Was coming through St Heliers, riding towards the city from Kohi, and there was a silver hatch trying to back into a carspace ahead of me with it's left indicator going. As I got closer I moved towards the centre white line to give the car space and kept an eye on it. Suddenly the car shot out into the traffic with it's left indicator still blinking, the driver must've decided that that parallel park was just too difficult. The car had to stop immediately as there were cars backed up from the lights ahead. I braked hard and came to a stop with my front wheel alongside the hatch's back wheel. I could see the driver's face in the mirror, turned towards her passenger and talking.

All the cars moved off and I followed the hatch, it pulled into a bus stop and then u-turned and pulled into a car space on the other side of the road. I parked the bike and walked over to the centre of the road and as the driver and her passenger got out of the car called out, "You didn't even see me did you?"

The driver looked at me, with an 'are you talking to me' expression. I said, "When you pulled out of that parking space you almost knocked me off my bike, you didn't even see me did you? When you pull out like that, look back over your shoulder or you could kill someone. Anyway, have a nice day."

Pity that for some people getting their morning latte is more important than taking care when driving. And I thought that I was quite polite about it all.

Just shows, we've got to be ever vigilant.

R650R
20th October 2015, 15:45
Am I the only one who came in here thinking they would see some images of a bit of skirt climbing onto a sportsbike outside said café....
Misleading thread title... ;p

J.A.W.
20th October 2015, 17:26
Am I the only one who came in here thinking they would see some images of a bit of skirt climbing onto a sportsbike outside said café....

Yeah.. something like that anyhow.. posting a non-event.. duh..

Now if he at least put the bloody boot into her drivers, door, kicked her wing mirror off while shouting "USE IT OF LOSE IT",
or, if his hand had slipped off the clutch lever & slapped her stupid bitch-face silly.. then.. it might've been worthwhile, for her & us..

Jin
20th October 2015, 17:42
Yeah kinda agree. Clipping a side mirror would have been justified.

Akzle
20th October 2015, 18:19

he's ( by his own admission) old. And an aucklander.
It cant be helped that he believes anyone else gives a fuck about his passive-agressive traffic whoes.

Katman
20th October 2015, 18:39
It cant be helped that he believes anyone else gives a fuck about his passive-agressive traffic whoes.

He seems to make a habit of harassing women drivers.

I assume he finds them less intimidating.

J.A.W.
20th October 2015, 19:18
He seems to make a habit of harassing women.

I assume he finds them less intimidating.

"Harassing women" ?

Did he leave the 'Bad Lieutenant' mandatory BJ penalty - out of his story then?

I'd reckon its more a case of woosery - that shames bike riders on principle..
& that he has no shame to bleat about it - in public..

Akzle
20th October 2015, 19:41
"Harassing women" ?

Did he leave the 'Bad Lieutenant' mandatory BJ penalty - out of his story then?

I'd reckon its more a case of woosery - that shames bike riders on principle..
& that he has no shame to bleat about it - in public..

congratulations, on what is certainly your first, and probably last, post worth the time of day.

J.A.W.
20th October 2015, 20:06
congratulations, on what is certainly your first, and probably last, post worth the time of day.

Dunno 'bout that, big Ask.. guess I'd have to review my other posts timed to 1918hrs - to confirm your grudging praise.. L.O.L...

Akzle
20th October 2015, 20:23
two for two. This thread could be the making of ya.