PDA

View Full Version : Greetings folks (BikerChick101)

BikerChick101
3rd November 2015, 05:02
Good morning everybody. I would just like to take this opportunity to introduce myself...
I'm currently on the hunt for a second bike after not riding for about 3 years. I used to have a Suzuki GS500, absolutely loved it, looking at buying another one. I am wanting to get a trailer for it though so I can take my dog and my tent and go away for weekends so if you know anything about tow bars etc I would appreciate the input [emoji1]

Akzle
3rd November 2015, 05:22
I am wanting to get a trailer for it though so I can take my dog and my tent and go away for weekends so if you know anything about tow bars etc I would appreciate the input [emoji1]

one guy does. Mossy will be along....

Up early... Motorbike, tents, dogs.

Do you want to get married?

http://pre05.deviantart.net/fcc7/th/pre/i/2011/103/0/8/footrot_flats___dog___by_palominobrumbyfilly-d3dxe64.jpg

MystikEagle
3rd November 2015, 05:26
Lol. Yeah, truck driver so normally at work around 4. And yep, seriously looking forward to going away on camping trips over summer

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

BikerChick101
3rd November 2015, 05:29
Weird, it logged me in on my old account... Thought that one was dead... Oh well

BrendonF
3rd November 2015, 12:51
G'day

Are you sure you want to tow with a 500? the weight of the trailer may be a bit much for a 500 as your about to add a dog on top of the normal camping gear there designed to carry behind a litre plus bike with good brakes. Having just come from Aus trailers are a common site. heap towed by HDs, FJR1300, GTR1400.ST1300 etc even seen one on a Busa. Third wheel trailers are worth a look, single wheel trailer which lean with the bike. There are a few others like elite that are a standard bike trailer and some have fold out tents and decent size eski's on the draw bars. One important thing remember is the trailer will push you under braking and also down hills and even worse down hill on bends. I have seen the remains of bikes being pushed of the road by there trailer. Not a pretty site. one other downside is that a trailer will wear your rear tyre down to a square a lot quicker that you think.

On a plus side you can carry everything you want including your dog. I used to go camping with my little dog on my previous FJR1300. I used to put him in a backpack for short camping trips.

BikerChick101
3rd November 2015, 13:24
I've started up another thread in regards to the trailer. Was just looking for a quick and easy way of getting away for weekends with my dog while also enjoying my bike...

onearmedbandit
3rd November 2015, 14:48
Maybe a sidecar would be a safer option. I think a guy was killed some years ago crashing when towing a trailer.

:facepalm:

What were the circumstances surrounding the accident? What factors caused the accident? Do you realise people have died riding sidecars as well?

jellywrestler
3rd November 2015, 17:15
:facepalm:

What were the circumstances surrounding the accident? What factors caused the accident? Do you realise people have died riding sidecars as well?

people have also been known to die without even owning a motorbike, sidecar or trailer i'm told

onearmedbandit
3rd November 2015, 17:46
If you read the previous poster's comments again they pointed out that a trailer will have a negative effect on the stopping ability of a bike and which could result in it crashing.
The factors of the accident I read about were not released in the media report I read but I think the message from the previous poster clearly states attaching a trailer will make
the bike less and not more safe to ride.

And the same argument could be applied to adding a sidecar to a motorcycle...

caspernz
4th November 2015, 04:35
people have also been known to die without even owning a motorbike, sidecar or trailer i'm told

Apparently it depends on where you live. Wellington had a notorious spell there for buses just running over folks. Nothing to do with said folks just wandering out in front of the bus...:weird:

Personally a bike trailer for a dog sounds like a splendid idea, much better than a sidecar...I mean that's almost Corolla territory then innit?

kimmyf32
1st December 2015, 14:49
What was the question lol
Death on towing motorbikes on trailers orrrrr ???