PDA

View Full Version : Lost motorhome

Daffyd
7th November 2015, 00:56
Before I moved to the Philippines I lived in a motorhome. After I had been here some time I asked my son, who was looking after it, to sell it on my behalf. After some time had passed, it became clear that it would be difficult to move, however we were made an offer of rent-to-buy.

This worked fine until, after about one third of the agreed price was paid, the payments stopped. I emailed the 'buyer', tried to call the 'buyer', my son tried to call the 'buyer', and even, several times, went to the caravan park where the 'buyer' had been, all to no avail. He was employed as a truck driver on the ChCh earthquake recovery and then had a job on the building side of things.

The man had clearly disappeared, along with my motorhome, still owing me $33,000!

Maybe someone out there may have seen it. The 'buyer' lived in Oamaru at the time of sale, but may be in the Taupo area. I have also heard on the grapevine that it may have changed hands again. The choice of bike I can buy on my return to NZ depends on the recovery of this vehicle. If anyone has seen, or knows the whereabouts of this vehicle could they please PM me?

Description: 1996 Isuzu Forward with a Fleetwood Prowler caravan mounted on a lengthened chassis. Reg. No. DDQ985.

nzspokes
7th November 2015, 05:40
List it as stolen and see what happens when somebody tries to register it or get a WOF/COF.

And pass it around on Facebook.

ruaphu
7th November 2015, 07:36
Yep what he said and try asking the various caravan/camper clubs to see if they flick on their sites, fb pages etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldrider
7th November 2015, 09:14
Before I moved to the Philippines I lived in a motorhome. After I had been here some time I asked my son, who was looking after it, to sell it on my behalf. After some time had passed, it became clear that it would be difficult to move, however we were made an offer of rent-to-buy.

This worked fine until, after about one third of the agreed price was paid, the payments stopped. I emailed the 'buyer', tried to call the 'buyer', my son tried to call the 'buyer', and even, several times, went to the caravan park where the 'buyer' had been, all to no avail. He was employed as a truck driver on the ChCh earthquake recovery and then had a job on the building side of things.

The man had clearly disappeared, along with my motorhome, still owing me $33,000!

Maybe someone out there may have seen it. The 'buyer' lived in Oamaru at the time of sale, but may be in the Taupo area. I have also heard on the grapevine that it may have changed hands again. The choice of bike I can buy on my return to NZ depends on the recovery of this vehicle. If anyone has seen, or knows the whereabouts of this vehicle could they please PM me?

Description: 1996 Isuzu Forward with a Fleetwood Prowler caravan mounted on a lengthened chassis. Reg. No. DDQ985.

G'day Daffyd - you say the guy lived in Oamaru - I will keep an eye out around the Waitaki Lakes area in case he has come up here.

PM me the details of where he lived in Oamaru etc and I will see what I can snif out for you. Cheers, John.

HenryDorsetCase
7th November 2015, 10:57

Talk to the po po. Your vehicle has been stolen.

What takes it out of the realm of a "failed business deal" and into the arena of theft is the whole "He knew he owed me money and he flitted with the vehicle" aspect.

Why the fuck do people do this shit without talking to a lawyer? Fucksakes. Things you could and should have done: A sale and purchase agreement incorporating terms on which the loan would be made, the interest payable, and reserving title until you are paid in full. PLUS INCORPORATING A RIGHT TO CREATE A CHARGE ON THE PPSR. That way anyone doing due diligence on it when he on-sells it sees the charge and says "I ain't payin till thats cleared".

Christ on a crutch people $350 in lawyers fees and you wouldnt be sitting there scratching your balls wondering what happened to your $60k investment.

All is probably not lost (he cannot give clear title to something he does not own) and the vehicle is too big to disappear. Talk about make your life harder than it needs to be though.

I will search the PPSR on Monday for you and see if anything hits. Do you know the VIN number? PM me.

jasonu
7th November 2015, 10:58
List it as stolen and see what happens when somebody tries to register it or get a WOF/COF.

and post the name of the guy too.

Berries
7th November 2015, 11:15
Check out number 46, is that it ?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m7Z8rVhvl_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Daffyd
7th November 2015, 11:43

It is listed as stolen.

Talk to the po po. Your vehicle has been stolen.

What takes it out of the realm of a "failed business deal" and into the arena of theft is the whole "He knew he owed me money and he flitted with the vehicle" aspect.

Why the fuck do people do this shit without talking to a lawyer? Fucksakes. Things you could and should have done: A sale and purchase agreement incorporating terms on which the loan would be made, the interest payable, and reserving title until you are paid in full. PLUS INCORPORATING A RIGHT TO CREATE A CHARGE ON THE PPSR. That way anyone doing due diligence on it when he on-sells it sees the charge and says "I ain't payin till thats cleared".

Christ on a crutch people $350 in lawyers fees and you wouldnt be sitting there scratching your balls wondering what happened to your $60k investment.

All is probably not lost (he cannot give clear title to something he does not own) and the vehicle is too big to disappear. Talk about make your life harder than it needs to be though.

I will search the PPSR on Monday for you and see if anything hits. Do you know the VIN number? PM me.

All that was done... My brother is a lawyer and he always dots the i's and crosses the t's. He drew up the agreement and is working with the police on this.

and post the name of the guy too.

The guy's name is Rangi Senior Hepi.

Daffyd
7th November 2015, 11:48

It is on Facebook. (See my wall, 'David Galt').

onearmedbandit
7th November 2015, 12:17
Doesn't show up on your page, unless you're a 'friend' I'm guessing.

Reckless
7th November 2015, 12:20
Rangi.

Damn Rangi strikes again :blink:

Sorry mate just couldnt resist Hope you get it back.

Daffyd
7th November 2015, 12:28
Damn Rangi strikes again :blink:

Funny you should say that... I had an uneasy feeling at the start, but initially he was very good. He took a hiatus over last Xmas so he could take his dying wife back to the tribal area somewhere around Taupo, then resumed payments, (actually paying more weekly to cover the non-payment period. Then, three months later... zilch!

tri boy
7th November 2015, 12:39
Probably a mobile P lab in the Urawera by now.
I do feel for ya.
The more I deal with humans, the more I like animals.

HenryDorsetCase
7th November 2015, 14:09

Really? and you lent him money?

nzspokes
7th November 2015, 14:16

No it was a house truck, keep up.

Erelyes
7th November 2015, 16:19
Jesus H Christ. When it comes to strangers buying shit their cash can't cover, get them to borrow from an actual fucking lender.

If a bank doesn't trust them neither would I.

BMWST?
7th November 2015, 17:16
Jesus H Christ. When it comes to strangers buying shit their cash can't cover, get them to borrow from an actual fucking lender.

If a bank doesn't trust them neither would I.
there is some merit to this argument

jasonu
7th November 2015, 18:23

Maybe old Rangi has turned your rig into a 'hospitality' vehicle for this event...
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11541370

Jin
7th November 2015, 19:42
No one can be this stupid. I think OP is a troll.

Daffyd
7th November 2015, 21:04

If a bank doesn't trust them neither would I.'

'No one can be this stupid. I think OP is a troll.'

That's right, kick a dog while he's down. Sometimes, when you're backed into a corner you don't have a lot of choice. All I'm asking is for KB'rs to keep an eye open.

Grashopper
7th November 2015, 21:45
Will keep an eye out here in Taupo.

Daffyd
7th November 2015, 21:52
Will keep an eye out here in Taupo.

Thanks Grasshopper. That's exactly what I was asking for. If I can get a location I can pass it on to Mr Plod.

T.W.R
7th November 2015, 22:05
Are you or were you a member of the motorhome owners association?
If so just inform them of the theft etc, they've got eyes & ears everywhere:niceone:
More of tight knit community than we are so someone is bound to have seen it somewhere.

Daffyd
7th November 2015, 22:20
Are you or were you a member of the motorhome owners association?
If so just inform them of the theft etc, they've got eyes & ears everywhere:niceone:
More of tight knit community than we are so someone is bound to have seen it somewhere.

Yes, I was a member of the NZMCA, (NZ Motor Caravan Association). Working on that.

sidecar bob
8th November 2015, 08:40
And someone with a name like that didn't ring alarm bells for you?
Dude, seriously, were you born & raised in a different country?

unstuck
8th November 2015, 08:44

Yeah, kinda got me thinking too. :clap:

Daffyd
8th November 2015, 11:47

No, born in NZ, but living in another country at the time of sale. As I said earlier, when you're backed into a corner you don't have a lot of choices!

JimO
8th November 2015, 12:21
well there is where you went wrong

oldrider
8th November 2015, 12:57
Take the tenure of this thread and the anti Maori flavour is apparently acceptable.

Take any other thread where Israel or Jews are mentioned and compare just how conditioned we are to think in a specific way - the point should be obvious - but :no:

Akzle
8th November 2015, 14:18
Take the tenure of this thread and the anti Maori flavour is apparently acceptable.

Take any other thread where Israel or Jews are mentioned and compare just how conditioned we are to think in a specific way - the point should be obvious - but :no:

dude. Without teh government and monetary controls to keep dark folk poor and white folk distracted, them blacks would be out eating all the god-fearin white folk, dontcha know.

JimO
8th November 2015, 15:17

and yet here his is being stiffed by one of the tounge de fenua

sidecar bob
8th November 2015, 17:55

Yep, because the default of payment was entirely predictable based on the fact that they are wired up entirely differently to "pakeha" whatever the fuck they are.

bogan
8th November 2015, 18:23

Yeah, kinda got me thinking too. :clap:

well there is where you went wrong

You guys aren't from down south perchance?

Do you mean tenor?

And we get it, you're just a poor downtrodden bigot who keeps getting discriminated against. The irony remains fucking delicious.

JimO
8th November 2015, 19:10
yes indeedy southern rednecks rule

Berries
8th November 2015, 19:49
And there was me thinking that Rangi Senior Hepi was some kind of Maori high school.

Daffyd
8th November 2015, 19:50
Yes sireebob.

Motu
14th November 2015, 14:38
Saw one just like that with all the other campers parked up on the Kaiaua coast today- - different graphics, but that'd be the first thing to change. Not an uncommon truck or camper style though, I bet more than one was made.

Daffyd
15th November 2015, 23:47
Mine was actually built in Winton, Southland by my ex employer. He imported the truck from Japan and the caravan from 'Murca. The idea has been used quite a lot, but thanks for the info'. I'll pass it along to my contacts.

F5 Dave
16th November 2015, 06:26
So assuming he wasn't intending to stiff you from the start (why bother paying for so long?). Other options are, a) he karked it. And if he doesn't have a psychic estate it just sits somewhere till a relative claims it.
Or more likely b) he got depressed, left his job, got into money troubles and just didn't want to think about it and walked away.

JimO
16th November 2015, 16:22
So assuming he wasn't intending to stiff you from the start (why bother paying for so long?). Other options are, a) he karked it. And if he doesn't have a psychic estate it just sits somewhere till a relative claims it.
Or more likely b) he got depressed, left his job, got into money troubles and just didn't want to think about it and walked away.
probably drove away

Daffyd
16th November 2015, 19:35

These possibilities have all occurred to me. I'm quite sure his original intentions were genuine enough. Hi wife was in and out of hospital with terminal cancer, so there's every chance that depression hand a hand in it. She and their daughter became FB friends of mine; the mother disappearing from my screen soon after the payments stopped, and the the daughter a couple of months later.

sidecar bob
16th November 2015, 20:14
She and their daughter became FB friends of mine; the mother disappearing from my screen soon after the payments stopped, and the the daughter a couple of months later.

So they're all in on it then.

17th November 2015, 14:34
Thanks Grasshopper. That's exactly what I was asking for. If I can get a location I can pass it on to Mr Plod.

Or send in couple of legal representatives. I am sure Mr Smith and Mr Wessen could take care of the situation for you.....:cool:

Daffyd
17th November 2015, 14:49
Or send in couple of legal representatives. I am sure Mr Smith and Mr Wessen could take care of the situation for you.....:cool:

Believe me... the thought has crossed my mind. It may yet come to that.