PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic horns!!

Zed
31st January 2004, 20:46
Hi all,

Most of the bikes I have owned have been fitted with those ridiculous single mircophone type horns! They are too quiet (even when the tone screw is adjusted), and they sound like a child playing the recorder. :(

The other day I was embarrassed to have to use my horn when a deaf/dumb/blind car driver pulled into my lane nearly hitting me...the horn didn't even wake them up!!! This experience has persuaded me into investing in some air horns.:yes:

Is this common to most bikes or just Japa sports bikes? You'd think that the manuf's would fit more grunty horns to these grunty machines!

Zed

Jackrat
31st January 2004, 21:52
LOL,Yeah mate I reckon most bike horns a pretty weak.
Iv'e had air horns on a few of my bikes.
Intend to get em' for me latest toy as well.
Iv'e had lots of fun with people in the past,Just about pee themselfs :lol:

Motoracer
1st February 2004, 00:16
Shit yea, Air horns are a lot of fun. It adds new meaning to sweet revenge. I had twin air horns on my last ZXR 400 road bike. People used to think a fire truck was comming or something. :lol:

Sycophant
1st February 2004, 07:45
...a deaf/dumb/blind car driver pulled into my lane nearly hitting me....

I heard he played a mean pinball...

Anyway - my horn sucks and I've been planning to get an airhorn since before I even got a bike (possibly since I saw Goodbye Pork Pie again a few years ago). Now, where will I mount a diesel locomotive's air horn on my Across?

What?
1st February 2004, 13:02
Now, where will I mount a diesel locomotive's air horn on my Across?
On the trailer you'll need to carry ther compressor :D

Big Dog
1st February 2004, 13:06
anyone recommend a cheap source for air horns?

Jackrat
1st February 2004, 13:30
Big dog,If you don't want to spend much, you could go to a car wrecker that still has a few old british cars.
I once used the horn out of an old Vanguard,just as good as air horns. :niceone:

Firefight
1st February 2004, 13:49
anyone recommend a cheap source for air horns?

BD , I have a pair (air horns that is), you can have them if they are any good
to you.

pm me, Firefight

Hitcher
1st February 2004, 14:44
Hi all,

Most of the bikes I have owned have been fitted with those ridiculous single mircophone type horns! They are too quiet (even when the tone screw is adjusted), and they sound like a child playing the recorder. :(

The other day I was embarrassed to have to use my horn when a deaf/dumb/blind car driver pulled into my lane nearly hitting me...the horn didn't even wake them up!!! This experience has persuaded me into investing in some air horns.:yes:

Is this common to most bikes or just Japa sports bikes? You'd think that the manuf's would fit more grunty horns to these grunty machines!

Zed

1 Samuel 2:10 -- those who oppose the LORD will be shattered. He will thunder against them from heaven; the LORD will judge the ends of the earth. "He will give strength to his king and exalt the horn of his anointed

Zed
1st February 2004, 17:55
1 Samuel 2:10 -- those who oppose the LORD will be shattered. He will thunder against them from heaven; the LORD will judge the ends of the earth. "He will give strength to his king and exalt the horn of his anointed
Dear Hitcher & you others that make fun of Gods word:

Proverbs 13:13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

BTW- If you continue to provoke me in this way I will gladly continue to reply.

Zed

merv
1st February 2004, 18:00

Proverbs 13:13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

Zed

How does this explain that there are so many bad bastards out there that are repeat offenders? How can I have any faith in your Boss when he's not delivering on his word?

Zed
1st February 2004, 18:06
How does this explain that there are so many bad bastards out there that are repeat offenders? How can I have any faith in your Boss when he's not delivering on his word?
God's idea of what qualifies someone as a "bad bastard" is different to yours Merv...maybe you and I are just that in His eyes?

I thank God that He has been merciful to me in this life, can you do the same?

Zed

merv
1st February 2004, 18:25
God's idea of what qualifies someone as a "bad bastard" is different to yours Merv...maybe you and I are just that in His eyes?

I thank God that He has been merciful to me in this life, can you do the same?

Zed

I would have thought rapists, murderers and thieves would be bad bastards in his eyes as well as mine, so if I'm wrong who are those that he would destroy?

As for you I will be merciful, I am such a nice guy I'm merciful to anyone that rides a bike no matter what brand.

wkid_one
1st February 2004, 19:30
Surely it is about time our great leader above gave an appearance or two to reaffirm his existence. It has been quite a while since his last outing??

Not taking the piss - but since the bible was written - he has been keeping a pretty low profile. As they say - I believe it when I see it

Jackrat
1st February 2004, 19:51
Ha,HA,Ha.hA,LOL, A thread looks a lot different once you've put somebody on your ignore list.I sujest some of you guys try it.Give him time, maybe this wanker will piss off when nobody ever replys to him.And hey,hey I don't even have to listen to his crap.Way to fuck your own thread Zed!!! :bleh: :lol:

James Deuce
1st February 2004, 19:59
Ha,HA,Ha.hA,LOL, A thread looks a lot different once you've put somebody on your ignore list.I sujest some of you guys try it.Give him time, maybe this wanker will piss off when nobody ever replys to him.And hey,hey I don't even have to listen to his crap.Way to fuck your own thread Zed!!! :bleh: :lol:

<Snork>!

I owe you beer Jackrat!

Nouseforaname
1st February 2004, 21:03
Haha! Im so tempted but it makes for interesting reading what is coming out of this guys mouth :2thumbsup

Gixxer
2nd February 2004, 08:01
ok ok back to the thread.

i have twin airhorns under the pillions seat.

it loses a bit of its punch placed back there but still wakes anybody up. a shit load louder then before :Pokey:

cost me around $30

Hitcher
2nd February 2004, 08:19

Zed

Not making fun of "god's words" mate -- I thought this biblical reference was relevant to your thread, given your other background and interests. While your bike may not have a decent horn, at least your god has...

If you don't like me quoting bits out of the bible, I'll revert to Robinson Crusoe.

wkid_one
2nd February 2004, 10:26
If you don't like me quoting bits out of the bible, I'll revert to Robinson Crusoe.
Go on - I like that book.......do some please :doobey:

Hitcher
2nd February 2004, 12:21
Go on - I like that book.......do some please :doobey:

Seeing's how you asked so nicely...

Ahem... A favourite from Chapter 6:

This wholly diverted my thoughts from the design of removing my habitation, and I busied myself mightily, that day especially, in searching whether I could make any way into the ship; but I found nothing was to be expected of that kind, for all the inside of the ship was choked up with sand. However, as I had learned not to despair of anything, I resolved to pull everything to pieces that I could of the ship, concluding that everything I could get from her would be of some use or other to me.

James Deuce
2nd February 2004, 12:26
Seeing's how you asked so nicely...

Ahem... A favourite from Chapter 6:

This wholly diverted my thoughts from the design of removing my habitation, and I busied myself mightily, that day especially, in searching whether I could make any way into the ship; but I found nothing was to be expected of that kind, for all the inside of the ship was choked up with sand. However, as I had learned not to despair of anything, I resolved to pull everything to pieces that I could of the ship, concluding that everything I could get from her would be of some use or other to me.

That's a long winded way to say "The f__ing f___er's f__ed. Off to the wreckers with you!"

Big Dog
2nd February 2004, 15:51
That's a long winded way to say "The f__ing f___er's f__ed. Off to the wreckers with you!"
Or is it a subtle way of saying "anyone can quote, show me the relevance"?

Now every body have a long hard look at how quickly the thread has gone of topic and become something one or two people are passionate about and the rest are bored by.... kind of like when you are talking to your non biker freinds and you just can't shut up about the ride you went on on the weekend/the new part you just installed or how the pockets on your new jacket are actually waterproof it's not just a claim!
I guess thats why we are cruising Kiwibiker.co.nz instead of kiwidriver.co.nz :doh: :eyepoke:

Coldkiwi
2nd February 2004, 18:09
I guess thats why we are cruising Kiwibiker.co.nz instead of kiwidriver.co.nz :doh: :eyepoke:

as wayne once said to garth 'An EXcellent call my friend!'

Angry Puppy
2nd February 2004, 18:35
Th Greek will inherit the earth?

The best horn I ever had was a pair of Renegade race cans on by Duke Monster. That was one load be-atch!

ching_ching
2nd February 2004, 19:08
Damn that avatar Fazerbloke,

Guess what I see sometimes when I'm riding now... squishy blah blah thingieeess. Damn you. :2thumbsup

pete376403
3rd February 2004, 08:38
Boobs have been called many things, but never a "pair of renegade race cans" ;)

What ever type of loud horns you fit, they need to be wired with a good sized supply direct from the battery, and a relay. Voltage drop through the horn switch will reduce much of the horns output.
My GS1100GK (aka the Exxon Valdez, on account of its size and the amount of oil it leaks) has a pair of Fiaam horns (not air, but f*cking loud) and they have reminded many a BDC to get the hell back into their own lane NOW!

matthewt
3rd February 2004, 08:51
they have reminded many a BDC to get the hell back into their own lane NOW!

BDC = blind deaf c**t ??

pete376403
3rd February 2004, 14:58
Yeah that too, but it origianlly came from the Usenet newsgroup Rec.Motorcycle and referred to a Brain Dead Cager

LB
4th February 2004, 04:52
I like your version better Matt!