PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Stats

STEPHASAUR
25th November 2015, 04:45
What exactly is it used for?

Is it so people know whether or not a user has contributed well/poorly to the forum?
How are you able to access who and why someone has given you feedback/points in reputation?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I took a skim, but nothing thorough D:
Thanks!

caspernz
25th November 2015, 06:05
It's so you can give others approve or disapprove feedback (along with a message), the sum of which ends up showing as red or green under their user name.

Akzle
25th November 2015, 06:06

Is it so people know whether or not a user has contributed well/poorly to the forum?
How are you able to access who and why someone has given you feedback/points in reputation?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I took a skim, but nothing thorough D:
Thanks!

try the site faq there billy. It answers all your questions and more.

haydes55
25th November 2015, 06:06
It's ultimately pointless. Once you become a senior member (200 posts or a member for a while.I think) you can go into settings and see what rep you've gotten and from who.

EJK
25th November 2015, 06:22
Once you have enough (and become a senior member) you can cash out reps just like Fly Buys. Also redemable from participating bike shops for small discounts on parts and services (somewhere around 5-8% off depending on your rep status if I remember correctly, including gears). Not much but still a discount is a discount.

PM Mental Trousers or SpankMe for more details.

bogan
25th November 2015, 07:08
Once you have enough (and become a senior member) you can cash out reps just like Fly Buys. Also redemable from participating bike shops for small discounts on parts and services (somewhere around 5-8% off depending on your rep status if I remember correctly, including gears). Not much but still a discount is a discount.

You used to be able to cash out with pies too, but I think the FBMC overdid it and put them out of business.

STEPHASAUR
25th November 2015, 07:53
Thanks for the info!
Apologies Akzle. Admittedly checking the FAQ completely slipped my mind!

so really the rep points should just be treated as a user either being a dick, or a gc :P

Akzle
25th November 2015, 08:25
so really the rep points should just be treated as a user either being a dick, or a gc :P

no. It should be treated as everyone elses opinion.

That is, fucking irrelevant.

Mental Trousers
25th November 2015, 08:48

You've heard of Pink Hell haven't you? If not I'm happy to introduce you to it.

nodrog
25th November 2015, 11:41
You've heard of Pink Hell haven't you? If not I'm happy to introduce you to it.

He will Like it.

Mental Trousers
25th November 2015, 15:04
He will Like it.

You might too.

STEPHASAUR
25th November 2015, 15:15
Dare I ask what "pink hell" is?

nodrog
25th November 2015, 15:48
You might too.

I've been there so many times I'm immune now.

nodrog
25th November 2015, 15:50

Its what we call EJK's mums vagina.

Gremlin
25th November 2015, 16:07
Dare if you wish... :crazy:

It's when admin thinks you need some special treatment above and beyond the usual. So everything looks kinda like this: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php/44-Pointless-Drivel

husaberg
25th November 2015, 16:16
Its what we call EJK's mums vagina.

Even he didn't like it, he moved out straight after he was born.

RDJ
25th November 2015, 16:41
Winston Churchill had a comment exactly apposite to awarded reputation... interpreted, it basically means that if you have never annoyed misguided people, you've never done anything worthwhile. Which is the only reason why Akzle's rep allocations have any meaning in the universe.

husaberg
25th November 2015, 16:56
Winston Churchill had a comment exactly apposite to awarded reputation... interpreted, it basically means that if you have never annoyed misguided people, you've never done anything worthwhile. Which is the only reason why Akzle's rep allocations have any meaning in the universe.

Pretty sure that I might have balanced out a fair bit of KB karma for everyone there a while back.................

Virago
25th November 2015, 17:52
Dare if you wish... :crazy:

It's when admin thinks you need some special treatment above and beyond the usual. So everything looks kinda like this: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php/44-Pointless-Drivel

Wrong. It's worse - much worse.

Get MT to put you into Pink Hell temporarily - it's a wonderful experience...:eek5:

Akzle
25th November 2015, 18:05

mmmmmmmjealous much?

Akzle
25th November 2015, 18:22
Pretty sure that I might have balanced out a fair bit of KB karma for everyone there a while back.................

you clearly have no idea what the word karma means.
Bet it smarts that despite having twice the posts, you still have less rep than me.

And lets be clear, you didnt even out anything, you masturbatorily red repped me, EVERY DAY FOR THREE MONTHS. And now you're clucking about it like you think it makes you cool.
:niceone: chump.

sidecar bob
25th November 2015, 18:36

Thanks!

It can also be used by people that are bitter with you, with plenty of time on their hands & nothing better to do than send you angry messages with red rep that is absolutely irrelevant to the post in question.

husaberg
25th November 2015, 18:52
you clearly have no idea what the word karma means.
Bet it smarts that despite having twice the posts, you still have less rep than me.

And lets be clear, you didnt even out anything, you masturbatorily red repped me, EVERY DAY FOR THREE MONTHS. And now you're clucking about it like you think it makes you cool.
:niceone: chump.

Odd nice use of capitals it really underlines how it NEVER affected you at all quite nicely.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=reputation&pp=30
Now how that motorbike of yours...............:rolleyes:
Hint No one is ever jealous of trolls like you, we all pretty much pity you. But I guess negative attention is still what you crave regardless.
I chuckle about it because it was very funny. Still is. esp watching you rant on about it, your knickers all twisted, the venom you still spit about it.
Its almost like you were somehow aggrieved by it, FFSSH its only rep afterall, its not like I send messages to people saying I want to rape their children. but you wouldn't know anything about that would you, troll.

caspernz
25th November 2015, 19:00
Wrong. It's worse - much worse.

Get MT to put you into Pink Hell temporarily - it's a wonderful experience...:eek5:

So after a spell in Pink Hell, do you get a free ticket to Pink Heaven? :laugh:

husaberg
25th November 2015, 19:02
So after a spell in Pink Hell, do you get a free ticket to Pink Heaven? :laugh:

To get thrown in pink hell you need to have soiled your nappies.

STEPHASAUR
25th November 2015, 19:26
sooooo let me get this straight,
if you get negative rep, the only page you're allowed to comment on is that pointless drivel section?
or should I say, you get condemned to abuse on that section?

Had a read through it, there's some rather entertaining stuff there
Not sure if I want to be condemned to an eternity there though...

husaberg
25th November 2015, 19:29
if you get negative rep, the only page you're allowed to comment on is that pointless drivel section?

Had a read through it, there's some rather entertaining stuff there
Not sure if I want to be condemned to an eternity there though...

No overal neg rep means you will not automatically become a senior member and its additional function ability. That's about all it affects
But if you accumulate enough infractions for poor site behaviour (mods give these out), you will eventually lose site privileges, which may eventually result in being sentenced to pink hell.

STEPHASAUR
25th November 2015, 19:30
No an over neg rep means you will not automatically become a senior member
if you accumulate infractions you will loose site priviliges which may result in pink hell.

interesting....

IIIII LIKE IT!

Mental Trousers
25th November 2015, 19:35

No.

Rep is shit and pointless. But because this place isn't your typical pc too scared someone might get offended US forum it was decided that people will bother someone who isn't me about red reps. Those that do bother me about red reps get to play in pink hell while those that don't give a shit live happily ever after.

The above may or may not be bullshit (except the bit about rep being shit and pointless cos that's actually true).

green rep = positive response
red rep = negative response

husaberg
25th November 2015, 19:37
interesting....

IIIII LIKE IT!
Rep
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php?faq=kb_site_rep_faq1#faq_kb_site_rep_faq_1

site rules
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/66358-Site-rules
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/73678-Site-Rules-amendment
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/72878-Quoting-embedded-images

nodrog
25th November 2015, 19:55
It can also be used by people that are bitter with you, with plenty of time on their hands & nothing better to do than send you angry messages with red rep that is absolutely irrelevant to the post in question.

that's all I use it for.

caseye
25th November 2015, 21:09
You used to be able to cash out with pies too, but I think the FBMC overdid it and put them out of business.

Hey, thats indiscriminate slandering of pie lovers, the deal is still on FBMC'ers just don't let on anymore in case ordinary people want a slice of the action.

PrincessBandit
26th November 2015, 21:24
Rep is a fun tool with which to wind up supposedly grown men (mainly) and watch them carry on as if they have sand in their lady parts when they get hurt feelings from it (the red variety, usually served with lashings of name calling and excessive expletives).

Funnily enough one of the members here near the top of the positive rep heap is probably near the top of the negative rep heap as well. Many who have lots of red are just outright tosspots and wankers who are complete obnoxious knobs; a few though are actually quite entertaining, even if that's not their main intent.

ellipsis
26th November 2015, 22:30
...this place is fucking funny or just fucked up...a bit like life , but irrelevant, and it won't go away...

EJK
27th November 2015, 07:55
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/226/488743711_2f343fa1b1.jpg

nodrog
27th November 2015, 08:16
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/226/488743711_2f343fa1b1.jpg

you need a haircut

Paul in NZ
27th November 2015, 13:01
...this place is fucking funny or just fucked up...a bit like life , but irrelevant, and it won't go away...

Yes - its like evolutions suspended in here...

Grumph
29th November 2015, 19:11
Yes - its like evolutions suspended in here...

I'd argue for creationism - I can think of several entities who were full blown personalities within 10 posts, like 'em or not. (mainly not....)

RDJ
29th November 2015, 19:19
I suggest it's more like entropy... devolution...

ellipsis
29th November 2015, 19:21
...we had a small, brown,ribbed bottle of Ether, from the local pharmacist hanging around for different shit when we were kids. It made the little glow plug aero motors my older brothers fucked around with start...it was magical shit, and all in a bottle...