PDA

View Full Version : Cooper tyres for an SUV ?

Stylo
30th November 2015, 17:23
The original Yokohama Geolander tyres on the CX-5 AWD have been pretty ordinary, 22k and they're about rooted.

Looking at a set of Coopers, anyone had these tyres ?, think they're call the CS-5 . Bit more expensive but I'm told they'll last a lot longer. I've never heard of the Cooper brand until a couple of days ago......

Evidently they're made in the USA unlike most every other brand which is ex China. Retail price is $425 per wheel and they have a special going at $300 per corner . 10k free rotation and puncture repair free too for the life of the tyre.

Cheers

jasonu
30th November 2015, 17:45
The original Yokohama Geolander tyres on the CX-5 AWD have been pretty ordinary, 22k and they're about rooted.

Looking at a set of Coopers, anyone had these tyres ?, think they're call the CS-5 . Bit more expensive but I'm told they'll last a lot longer. I've never heard of the Cooper brand until a couple of days ago......

Evidently they're made in the USA unlike most every other brand which is ex China. Retail price is $425 per wheel and they have a special going at $300 per corner . 10k free rotation and puncture repair free too for the life of the tyre.

Cheers

http://get.smarter.com/web?am=broad&q=how+good+are+cooper+tires&an=google_s&askid=8814cc7e-3678-41db-9528-2e59331f7ae2-0-sm_gsb&kv=default&gc=0&dqi=&qsrc=999&ad=semD&o=34594&l=&af=&_=1

flashg
30th November 2015, 18:38

Cheers

My last Harrier had GT Radials (savero) after 20,000 km's couldn't see any wear at all. My old boss has them (savero) on his Great wall ute with close to 80,000 km's, he reckons they'll reach 100,000 before replacement. Don't know what they cost but worth checking out. I found them quiet and nice to drive on. Remember the "Harrier" has good sound proofing ( Toyota badged Lexus) I'll put them on this Harrier when its time for replacement.

JimO
30th November 2015, 18:48
imsurprised a great wall has done 80k

nzspokes
30th November 2015, 18:53
imsurprised a great wall has done 80k

Thats how many Ks its done on the back of the transporter. Its why the tyres are so good.

Motu
30th November 2015, 19:01
I think you'll find they are made in China - you can find out what factory they were made in by the DOT code.

Akzle
30th November 2015, 19:28
im astounded any biker would own an suv.

JimO
30th November 2015, 20:21
im astounded that you have used astounded ...gadzooks

flashg
30th November 2015, 20:26

Nice and comfy to drive while towing the trailer loaded with our trail bikes. I don't own any goats to hook up to my trailer, and found an SUV works well in these modern times

husaberg
30th November 2015, 20:28
Nice and comfy to drive while towing the trailer loaded with our trail bikes. I don't own any goats to hook up to my trailer, and found an SUV works well in these modern times

Akeley has no motorbike..........:killingme
You will just confuse him by speaking about them on this forum.

flashg
30th November 2015, 20:38
Akeley has no motorbike..........:killingme
You will just confuse him by speaking about them on this forum.

I was trying to be nice and make him feel comfortable and at home, by talking a little about goats, a subject he would be an expert in.

husaberg
30th November 2015, 20:41
I was trying to be nice and make him feel comfortable and at home, by talking a little about goats, a subject he would be an expert in.

in being the operative word.:2thumbsup:psst:

Akzle
1st December 2015, 06:24
im astounded that you have used astounded ...gadzooks

im gadzooked that you have used astound//

wait. What?

Flip
1st December 2015, 20:58
BFG AT's

The BFG muds have done 62,000km on my V8 and are good for another 10-15,000

Akzle
2nd December 2015, 09:21
BFG AT's

The BFG muds have done 62,000km on my V8 and are good for another 10-15,000

*suv, bra'a.

Are they they mt/r s? I've been contemplating a set...

*edits. Mt/r are the bridgys.
*are they the t/a km2s?

Motu
2nd December 2015, 17:20
I think you'll find they are made in China - you can find out what factory they were made in by the DOT code.

Cooper does have stakes in Chinese tyre companies, but checked on a ute today with Coopers - UT code is a Cooper factory in Texarcana Akansasa....so yes, made in the USA.

flashg
11th July 2017, 21:14

Cheers

Thread dredge !!!!!
Needed new tyres on the Harrier. Ended up getting the same Cooper CS-5 tyres fitted and balanced for $250 each. Bit of a no brainer with the guarantee of 70,000 km's on an AWD [emoji41]

Jeeper
11th July 2017, 21:54
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co has been based in Ohio since 1914 and listed on New York Stock Exchange since 1960. They also own Avon Tyres (UK), Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek in US as well.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk