PDA

View Full Version : Say WHAT?

Paul in NZ
26th September 2005, 16:33
Please tell me these guys are NOT serious?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3423032a11,00.html

James Deuce
26th September 2005, 16:35
I'm now very confused.

The calendar says 26/09, when it should say 01/04.

jrandom
26th September 2005, 16:36
I had a great giggle at that one.

it's a nice PT, and they'll probably sell enough copies to make some pennies out of the exercise.

good on 'em says I. bout time someone pointed out the obvious...

madboy
26th September 2005, 16:40
How about the pakehas pull special funding for the Maori and leave them to their own devices... see how much they've got to gamble, smoke and eat then. And don't let the buggers near the pakeha hospitals, let 'em die at home instead.

At least I'll get a bigger tax cut then.

I have two lines of thought on that book, if that report is accurate. One, they're taking the piss. Two, they're complete f***ing loonies.

Lou Girardin
26th September 2005, 17:16
I love the whakapapa engendered by those names, Rhys Cullin and Peter Cacciopolli.
I heard there was a Cacciopolli on one of the first wakas.
But, what the hell, if they want to seek an early grave, who are we to argue?

James Deuce
26th September 2005, 17:17
The Mob is everywhere man. Everywhere.

Odin
26th September 2005, 17:31
.... and if I like to shoot people, drive to fast and throw rocks of bridges on to the motorway ? should i be allowed to ?

The most expensive health problem we have in NZ is obesity and the resulting problems so lets just set up free-deepfried-pigfat bars all over town ay ?

Big Dave
26th September 2005, 18:10
Fuck - I must be Maori - seems we enjoy all the same things.
Any Cohens on that Waka, Lou?

James Deuce
26th September 2005, 18:13
The Mob's accountants are everywhere man. Everywhere.

Hitcher
26th September 2005, 18:45
I'd like to see the job description for a "House Nigger". My whakapapa may preclude me from being considered for such a role. Or not.

Macktheknife
26th September 2005, 19:46
Just leaving aside the whole race issue for a sec, if any part of the population want to promote their people shortening their lives by actions such as this, should we really complain?
Nominate these guys as Darwin award contenders I say!
http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/
I mean really... whats the harm, if they all take the advice then there should be a lot less trouble in just a few VERY short generations! lol
Did anyone actually take these guys seriously??????

mstriumph
26th September 2005, 19:46
Please tell me these guys are NOT serious?

Paul, worry not - they aren't serious ----- :hug:

manuboy
26th September 2005, 19:59
Couple of things about that article (from stuff)

The trust is a taxpayer-funded charitable organisation in Counties Manukau providing health care for more than 5000 patients, 4000 of them Maori.

It was published using funds from Mr Caccioppoli's family trust.

The trust itself is taxpayer funded. The report was published using private money. These articles always piss me off. To me they've attempted to put a slant on it. As soon as you mention taxpayers money in an article as controversial as this, you're aiming to get the average reader to kneejerk.

Asked why he wrote the book, he said he wanted people to reconsider how Maori health was defined and how health care for Maori was delivered.

Eh? I've never been an acedemic, but how many of you want to run out, read this report and then reconsider how Maori helath was deined or how healthcare for maori was delivered? Who was the audience here? Probably not Maori, and not me...

And since when was a Maori termed a nigger? I was bought up in Tokoroa. I was the only pakeha in my class. I was the only pakeha on the rugby team (and i got fricken hammered). I've heard Maori called a lot of things, but never a nigger....

Sniper
27th September 2005, 08:07
Perhaps it a ploy like the SA 1080 idea?

Lou Girardin
27th September 2005, 08:49
Now if I publicly called someone a nigger, I'd be in front of the Race Relations board. But if you're 'maori' it seems you can use any terms of abuse with impunity.

Fart
27th September 2005, 08:50
I hope this thread doesnt turn into a race related issue.

Oooops too late. Sad. :slap:

Sniper
27th September 2005, 08:53
Now if I publicly called someone a nigger, I'd be in front of the Race Relations board. But if you're 'maori' it seems you can use any terms of abuse with impunity.

Yep, its the same as saying bro, or WOFTAM!

jrandom
27th September 2005, 09:25
Any Cohens on that Waka, Lou?The Mob's accountants are everywhere man. Everywhere.

:rofl:

:lol:

you really should consider giving up your day job.

Cibby
27th September 2005, 16:34

that is a very good point..

I have noticed that they call white folk, Parlangi (SP) which is their version of white european without getting a technical translation, could that be considered as equally offence as Nigger??? as that is the "American" word for the african americans/nergros.

argh i am trying to pc here adn it isnt working.. :doh:

ManDownUnder
27th September 2005, 16:45

ok - so you find it hard to be PC... I see that as a good thing

Lou Girardin
27th September 2005, 16:49
that is a very good point..

I have noticed that they call white folk, Parlangi (SP) which is their version of white european without getting a technical translation, could that be considered as equally offence as Nigger??? as that is the "American" word for the african americans/nergros.

Palangi is from one of the island languages, supposedly translates as "long pig". Guess where that originated.
Pakeha is the maori version, no one seems to know what it means! But I bet it's more offensive than Hori.

Pixie
28th September 2005, 13:33
.... and if I like to shoot people, drive to fast and throw rocks of bridges on to the motorway ? should i be allowed to ?

The most expensive health problem we have in NZ is obesity and the resulting problems so lets just set up free-deepfried-pigfat bars all over town ay ?
I wonder if being Italian gives me carte blanche to drive fast...it's part of the culture you know.

ManDownUnder
28th September 2005, 14:05
I think this has to begin at home...

So I'll tell you what. Call me what you like. If I'm offended I'll tell you, if you don't know why - ask me... I don;t mind.

I don't want rule makers prescribing what pisses me off. I see there was a post by fish a while back with a very graphic video in it - it offended me... but she warned me about it... so what?

We have a difference of opinion on watching that stuff. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

Likewise LiasTZ. He pissed me off something CHRONIC a while back in some posts of his. I disagreed with him - still do. I don't care.

I get to learn, I get to expand my mind, and I get to see how much nannying the state is really doing.

That PC shit about the billboard in the Waikato asking Aucklanders for their passports... HOW MUCH CRAP WAS THAT???? The local mayor asked the to take it down.

TAKE IT DOWN??? Hell I'd BUY one, have a local pub do a fund raiser, sell the passports for $5 or $10 each and help someone in need. We all sit around with our fingers in our ears being "looked after" so damned much we're not sure what we are allowed to say or not.

Sorry guys and gals... rant over - it's been one of those days
MDU

Cibby
29th September 2005, 01:27
ok - so you find it hard to be PC... I see that as a good thing

hahaha.. yes.. being un-pc comes naturally... haha in my blood me thinks ;)