PDA

View Full Version : Cagiva Mito (SP525)

roy.nz
12th December 2015, 13:52
Afternoon Fellas,

I've been trying to find a Cagiva Mito or SP525 for myself (Just want one to play on).

Anybody got any ideas who has one and who wants to sell one. Price dependent.

Thanks

jasonu
12th December 2015, 13:55
Afternoon Fellas,

I've been trying to find a Cagiva Mito or SP525 for myself (Just want one to play on).

Anybody got any ideas who has one and who wants to sell one. Price dependent.

Thanks

An RG150 would be easier to find, will be cheaper and is prolly faster.

J.A.W.
12th December 2015, 14:01
An RG150 would be easier to find, will be cheaper and is prolly faster.

"Prolly"? Huh? Brolly girls?

But anyhow.. unlike the Mito, the Suzuki does not feature classic Cagiva 500 G.P. bike/Ducati 916 Superbike styling..

Grumph
12th December 2015, 15:14
The only one i've ever seen in NZ now has a big 4 stroke single in it...i've been told that there might be another up North which has had the same...
Good luck.

J.A.W.
12th December 2015, 21:34
Duplicate post.

J.A.W.
12th December 2015, 21:36
The only one i've ever seen in NZ now has a big 4 stroke single in it...i've been told that there might be another up North which has had the same...
Good luck.

They were a regular showroom item over here, so you can pick one up without too much bother, if you want to import it..
& the mill upgrade of choice on this side of the ditch is an RZ 350 Yamaha unit, & it is sympatico, rather than a big 4T plonker..

Ender EnZed
12th December 2015, 21:47
Be a lot easier to find an RS125 in NZ.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-981895376.htm

husaberg
12th December 2015, 21:51
Good luck.

There was one at the street race here last year
I thought it was from CHCH. is it the same one?
That crowd that was importing exotica up north had one for sale a couple of years ago.
Pretty sure one of the ESE boys has either a bottom end of a mito (but it might be a RS125 Aprilia)

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/30044-1995-Cagiva-Mito
Turns out there were more about.

J.A.W.
12th December 2015, 22:12
Be a lot easier to find an RS125 in NZ.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-981895376.htm

Yeah, I had a quick squiz on the 'DudMe' equivalent over here & there are few Cagiva 125s currently on offer..
..ranging from ~$500 - $3,500, depending on age/condition, as usual..

Is Cagiva still in business - as a showroom new brand these days, anyhow?

babysteps
13th December 2015, 10:03
I had an SP525, Fucking Epic little two stroke and big enough for my 6ft 90kg frame to sit on it. Only problem was it spent more time getting repaired then it did being ridden!!!

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj250/moanaman/mito3_zps0d899db6.jpg

sil3nt
13th December 2015, 17:00
Two things I see wrong with it. It desperately needs a tail tidy and being really picky on this one but the swingarm looks a bit ordinary compared to the rest of the bike.

10/10 would drool again.

J.A.W.
13th December 2015, 17:37
Two things I see wrong with it. It desperately needs a tail tidy and being really picky on this one but the swingarm looks a bit ordinary compared to the rest of the bike.

10/10 would drool again.

"Wrong with it...swinarm looks a bit ordinary..." ?

Too funny.. you do realize that its a wee 125, right?
& that 'banana' swingarms - were specifically designed for 2Ts, due to the pipe shape/route taking priority.. L.O.L...

J.A.W.
13th December 2015, 17:39

10/10 would drool again.

"Wrong with it...swingarm looks a bit ordinary..." ?

& that 'banana' swingarms - were specifically designed for 2Ts, due to the pipe shape/route taking priority.. L.O.L...

sil3nt
13th December 2015, 18:01
"Wrong with it...swinarm looks a bit ordinary..." ?

& that 'banana' swingarms - were specifically designed for 2Ts, due to the pipe shape/route taking priority.. L.O.L...:facepalm: That is why I am saying I am being a bit picky! Look at a vj22 swingarm and it makes this swingarm look a bit ordinary.

J.A.W.
13th December 2015, 18:17
:facepalm: That is why I am saying I am being a bit picky! Look at a vj22 swingarm and it makes this swingarm look a bit ordinary.

" Facepalm" Yeah right, & an NSR500 banana swingarm makes a VJ22 250 swingarm look puny too.. so what?