PDA

View Full Version : 690 SMC intake temperature sensor error code?

ZondaX15
13th December 2015, 15:05
Mid way through the track day at Hampton on the 7th of November, my FI light came on the dash and was (and still is) flashing with the error code for the intake temperature sensor being too hot / cold. It didn't seem to effect the bike at all, I have ridden it around on the road since then and haven't noticed a difference. I'm getting set up for the track day this coming weekend, and it's one of the last things to have a look at.

Is it simply a case of resetting the computer? If so how would I go about doing that? Or is it something more serious than that?

FJRider
13th December 2015, 16:05
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/ktm-690-efi-idiots-guide.931664/

If any sensors go outside limits you will get a flashing FI light and the KTM operators manual will be able to interpret the blink code which is kind of like morse code from the FI light blinking so many long and short blinks.

yennikc
2nd March 2016, 10:27
Now that we're a couple months later, is there any update?

I ask because I have the exact same problem. It was a foggy couple days here, then while riding my bike the FI light came on. 1 long, 3 short flashes indicating the intake temp sensor, but the bike seemingly runs fine (knocks on wood).

This just happened yesterday, I haven't had a chance to pull the seat and check the air sensor plug itself, but I'm not sure how it would randomly become disconnected. Anyways, just though I would ask to see if the OP found a solution.

Thanks!