PDA

View Full Version : New member - Back on two wheels soon (Uncle Mo)

Uncle Mo
16th December 2015, 15:05
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum.

Basically, I'm sick of taking the trains (not dependable) and want the freedom to arrive and leave work and not have to conform to the train schedule.

Last time I rode was back in 2008, on a tiny 150cc so going to be rusty as heck when I jump back on two wheels. Also never bothered to move on from the learner license.

But at 30 (call it midlife crisis lol) I'm going to work towards get my full motorcycle license now. Plus kinda sick of coppas saying that I'm still on my learner drivers license when been on full since forever lol.

Haven't bought a bike yet though. Going to review my bike gear first. Helmet is prob the first thing I need to replace as it is too old now.

Eyeing up either an RC390 or an MT-07 (what are ppls thoughts on these two and their preferences). I think the latter will be better for future proofing, and a better all round commuter bike anyway. I think the freedom of being able to leave any time I want and not run to the train station will keep me happy for quite some time.

Dream bike would be a Yamaha R1 although I prob won't be getting one, not any time soon anyway. I want to learn as much as I can over the next 5 years or so before I even consider lol maybe at 35 I will be more mature, or I'd like to think I'd be haha).

Any advise is always welcomed.

Cheers!

zmlam
10th January 2016, 17:40
Suppose it depends on what style of riding you prefer and type of roads you're on. Haven't ridden either of your bikes you listed but have had a sv1000s and hornet 900, and while the upright naked hornet was better for my back and wrists and generally easier to ride in town, the fairing on the SV was amazing at blocking the wind on highways (used to ride several 100ks per week).