PDA

View Full Version : So who got what?

98tls
25th December 2015, 17:58
What did Santa show up with cool stuff or you been bad and got a singlet and lemon yellow walk socks to go with your Roman sandals?Seems the mrs actually meant it:wacko: when recently buying a new to me Falcon she said "dont expect Santa to bring much this year" but i still did ok ie stuff for newly bought Falcon,actually best moment of the day was when travelling up to Christchurch to have xmas dinner with the old girl going through a 50k area i noticed a familar top/bottom grill coming down the road and it turned out to be a bloke in an awesome FPV ute in Blue pearl (bloody rare) same colour as my GTP...big wave from the bloke and a huge smile on his dial,old school stuff and a nice moment.Anyway am drifting who got what?

AllanB
25th December 2015, 18:10
Termignoni mufflers with Ducati Performance ECU and air filter :yes:

And the kids put some thought into some cool nick nacks that I appreciate.

98tls
25th December 2015, 18:16
Termignoni mufflers with Ducati Performance ECU and air filter :yes:

And the kids put some thought into some cool nick nacks that I appreciate.

:Punk:Lucky bugger.Enjoy mate...all the best in the new year.

Oakie
25th December 2015, 19:17
Got a tie with motorbikes on.

Laava
25th December 2015, 19:36
Track day.

TheDemonLord
25th December 2015, 19:59
Scottoiler for my 'Busa

80,000 Km Chain and sprocket lift, here we come!

WNJ
25th December 2015, 20:03
The OK from the BOSS to get a new ride up to the value of the NEW OUTLANDER she got for herself 6weeks ago, :wings:

AllanB
25th December 2015, 20:40
The OK from the BOSS to get a new ride up to the value of the NEW OUTLANDER she got for herself 6weeks ago, :wings:

Now this is a winner! What's on the short list?

scumdog
25th December 2015, 20:45
Two bottles of 12 year old single malt whisky. And shit.

Katman
25th December 2015, 20:45
I got an enjoyable day with some family.

If anyone asks for more they should take a look at themselves.

98tls
25th December 2015, 20:56

So a random family or some you met at the shelter?

98tls
25th December 2015, 20:57

No doubt one left in the morning....all the best for the new year you 2.

Katman
25th December 2015, 21:02
So a random family or some you met at the shelter?

Well they were friendly enough while I was buying the drinks.

98tls
25th December 2015, 21:09
Well they were friendly enough while I was buying the drinks.

:niceone:Aint they all.

carbonhed
25th December 2015, 21:15

You also got to be a sanctimonious twat just like always.

Living the dream :Punk:

haydes55
25th December 2015, 21:36
Living the dream, kiwi bikers book

Guy Martin's autobiography

A motorbike key holder

Undies and a hat.

I spent xmas eve/night at her parents place, woke up to a pillow case full of presents from Santa... Never too old.

nzspokes
25th December 2015, 21:39
Kinda got to agree with Katman. Had a good morning with my partners kids then got mine at 3 to keep for a week. :wings:

Got some nice stuff but having the family together is great. Tomorrow is get ready for camping some where in the middle of the island.

Have a rum in hand and my dogs sleeping next to me. Happy Days.

MD
25th December 2015, 21:43
Hard to call them Kids anymore and when you get 'well' into your 50s you don't expect much from the offspring. It's the thought that counts and just having them around the house still is awesome and made my Christmas day. One more year and both will have left the coop for good. Enjoy it while you can folks. They grow up fast.

I wasn't expecting anything exciting on the gift front so I popped in to Motomart yesterday and treated myself to a new lid. To be precise, when Dan the salesman asked if I was looking to buy a new helmet I replied, no I don't want to have to buy a new helmet. I WANT to buy the Bell transition helmet visor which a buddy got and loves. So while you're selling me the Bell transition visor, best I buy a helmet to go with it. They really work best as a package deal.

How times march on. I remember way back having to carry a second visor, one dark, one clear. Then along came internal dark visors. Now I fell for those but having a well endowed nose I noticed the poor thing still gets sunburned along with your cheeks.

Rode home with it and it's probably the quietest lid I've ever worn for wind noise. Visor sure does go dark real quick in light. Not sure what shape skull they modelled the internal shell on but Neanderthal caveman comes to mind. Bloody tight around the upper half of my skull. I went a size up compared to most other lids I've owned. It better 'break in' as they say.

Berries
25th December 2015, 22:39
New Shoei, old whisky and a promise.

tigertim20
25th December 2015, 22:55
My stuff came a bit early this year
RPHA10 helmet, New gloves, Full Ti Exhaust system and Dyno time, CRG rearsets, Lightweight underslung caliper and hanger, 12 year old whiskey, and 4 more Power tools Ive been wanting.

I bought my own stuff this year, Ive already got plenty of fucking socks and hankies

WNJ
26th December 2015, 01:32
Now this is a winner! What's on the short list?

Not sure yet still in shock really, will be doing the rounds when bike shops open, like the looks of this,http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1000721402.htm, not sure if this will be a good commuter ? but doin 150 k, per day for work

awayatc
26th December 2015, 05:41

Can appreciate the whiskey.....

but why on earth would you need more "shit".....?

skippa1
26th December 2015, 05:44
Not sure yet still in shock really, will be doing the rounds when bike shops open, like the looks of this,http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-1000721402.htm, not sure if this will be a good commuter ? but doin 150 k, per day for work
That would be an excellent choice

awayatc
26th December 2015, 05:50
Since all the hangers on have finally packed their bags and f***ed off.....
My better half ( better by miles) has taken up her bike riding again,
which pleases me endlessly.
The old 70's boxer the only available extra steed thus far..
As a token of my appreciation for her commitment to zoom around NZ on 2 wheels with me, I have (without her knowledge )bought a new to me BMW R1150R for her.....

South island here we come......
(I also took 3 months leave in the new year, so we can break bike in leisurely.....)

caseye
26th December 2015, 07:29
Since all the hangers on have finally packed their bags and f***ed off.....
My better half ( better by miles) has taken up her bike riding again,
which pleases me endlessly.
The old 70's boxer the only available extra steed thus far..
As a token of my appreciation for her commitment to zoom around NZ on 2 wheels with me, I have (without her knowledge )bought a new to me BMW R1150R for her.....

South island here we come......
(I also took 3 months leave in the new year, so we can break bike in leisurely.....)

You old Romantic EWE!
Well done that man, bloody well enjoy the time won't you.
Off for a quiet cruise with Mrs this morning, latte somewhere I'm picking.

Daffyd
26th December 2015, 15:59

Same for me...

oldrider
26th December 2015, 16:08
Same for me...

Well - I'm still breathing and lookin at the green side of the grass - that's got be a positive right there! - Happy days Daffyd me old mate! :sunny:

DamianW
26th December 2015, 16:11
Riding pass from MrsW for a NI road trip 28th - 1st.

Oh, and a couple of Ben Sherman's.

Katman
26th December 2015, 16:36
Living the dream

Did you dream about presents?

awa355
26th December 2015, 20:00
I got to drive 400k to see bloody relations. :weep::weep::weep::weep:

98tls
26th December 2015, 20:11

Driving 400k can be fun...depends though on what your driving.

boman
26th December 2015, 20:44

I have 2015 S1000RR. It has cruise control. Its a breeze and a blast to tour on. I think the S1000R also has cruise control. Best thing I have ever had on a sports bike.

tigertim20
27th December 2015, 00:01

did you hit them with something?:facepalm:

awa355
27th December 2015, 13:22

Not when it is a puddle jumping hatchback. I've never known a car to pitch, yaw, roll and pogo hop through the corners so much. I did a 1k day ride on the bike back in Nov. I was more drained after this trip. Once upon a time I loved long trips. Getting older now.

did you hit them with something?:facepalm:

No, to be honest, this lot are probably the pick of the lot. Guess I'm still waiting for the xmas spirit to arrive. :weird:

unstuck
27th December 2015, 16:20

Yeah, I just drove 1934kms to drop my daughters present off to her in Nelson. Then another 300kms yesterday up to Qtown and back. Roads were mostly good, traffic was mostly good, life is mostly good. And got some cool stuff from santa:Punk::Punk:

98tls
27th December 2015, 18:58
In a decent car even the soul destroying drive from Ch-ch to Oamaru is bearable,did it once in our little hatchback :sleep: never again.

unstuck
28th December 2015, 10:42
In a decent car even the soul destroying drive from Ch-ch to Oamaru is bearable,did it once in our little hatchback :sleep: never again.

I like to play "spot the Aucklander" on that section, just to keep myself awake. They are easy to spot......IYKWIM. :msn-wink:

awa355
28th December 2015, 12:47
I like to play "spot the Aucklander" on that section, just to keep myself awake. They are easy to spot......IYKWIM. :msn-wink:

We get souf ilanda's up this way from time to time.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/Untitled%20picture_22.jpg

unstuck
28th December 2015, 14:22
We get souf ilanda's up this way from time to time.

This Aucklander thought he could run one of the local girls over and get away with it:nono:, thats her under the tarp having a feed in readiness to beat the shit out of the Latte drinking yuppy. :bleh:
http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1385350568/897/9439897.jpg

mashman
28th December 2015, 15:14
I got nothing :wari:

Laava
28th December 2015, 15:42
This is what my mate got for xmas day. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503450&objectid=11566721
She has multiple fractures incl pelvis and both her girls had minor injuries. The guy, a frenchman, bounced of her Hyundai and hit her husband as well who was driving the vehicle behind. They suspect that froggy, who died, may have dozed off at the wheel as he drifted across into my friends. Froggys wife is also critically injured.

Brett
28th December 2015, 21:47
Yamaha FX SHO Jet ski. Should make for some fun for the family. Also plenty of sweets and other unhealthy snacks. Got a nice bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black too.

cc rider
29th December 2015, 00:34
Airfares (from sis) to fly up nth (in Oz) to have 10 days with the family. Oh & 10 days of holidays.
Brought up harley parts for my sister so now have near empty luggage to fill up with old jap parts for my rebuilds. :2thumbsup
Even wore a bikini for a swim at the beach & felt I looked ok out of the usual jeans & grease under the nails. :eek:

Today I bought myself the Mike Hailwood /Ted Macauley book - HAILWOOD 1978 edition. 2nd hand hand book store in a little country town up the hills... cool.

Beats having maccas on my own with a broken collarbone & shoulder like last yr.

scumdog
30th December 2015, 10:41
I got nothing :wari:

I guess that was more than you expected??:laugh::rofl:

willytheekid
30th December 2015, 12:36
...Dear Santa!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/43660282.jpg

...just glad we had xmas at the mother in laws house this year :laugh:

-(My kids got spoilt and loved there xmas...and thats what counts:yes:)

Happy New Year KBers...Im gonna be slappin myself in the face repeatedly?!?:eek5:
....;)

http://www.wines.com/magical/wp-content/uploads/Laphroaig.png

Mmmmmm :soon:

scumdog
30th December 2015, 16:00
Hmm Willy, a good match for my Glenmorangie 12 year old Lasanta "the sherry cask finish" and my Ardmore 'peated' non-chilled filtered, SOME people like me!:wari:

Smifffy
30th December 2015, 21:26
I got a bottle of kraken :)

SPman
1st January 2016, 20:53
I wanted fuck all - I got fuck all......perfect score - bliss!

Flip
5th January 2016, 14:25
New Kenwood amp, now all I need is a new 15 amp wall socket to plug it into.

Berries
5th January 2016, 14:34
New Kenwood amp.
Can it do smoothies?

TheDemonLord
5th January 2016, 14:55
I got a bottle of kraken :)

Please tell me that when you go to open the Bottle you say:

https://youtu.be/gb2zIR2rvRQ?t=30

kiwi cowboy
5th January 2016, 15:02
Yeah, I just drove 1934kms to drop my daughters present off to her in Nelson. Then another 300kms yesterday up to Qtown and back. Roads were mostly good, traffic was mostly good, life is mostly good. And got some cool stuff from santa:Punk::Punk:

Did he bring you a fresh nanny then?.:killingme happy new year.

kiwi cowboy
5th January 2016, 15:08
[QUOTE=cc rider;1130932972]Even wore a bikini for a swim at the beach & felt I looked ok out of the usual jeans & grease under the nails. :eek:

well seeing as no else has said it.

PICS OR IT DIDDNT HAPPEN :lol:

awayatc
5th January 2016, 18:04
New Kenwood amp, now all I need is a new 15 amp wall socket to plug it into.

Ffs....15 amp for an amp....?:gob:

I can plug my bloody spa into a regular 10 amp socket......

you may have to unplug stove for a while. :sweatdrop

awa355
5th January 2016, 18:56
Anyone get a Dick Smith voucher???:lol::lol:

Flip
7th January 2016, 07:15
Ffs....15 amp for an amp....?:gob:

I can plug my bloody spa into a regular 10 amp socket......

you may have to unplug stove for a while. :sweatdrop

There is a unused 15a socket for a spa that I can remount.

There is no subsitute for cubes or in this case Kw's.

Blackbird
7th January 2016, 09:28
Got an ABBA superbike stand from my wife after some not so subtle hints. Came close to dropping the GSX-S trying to use the paddock stand which I bought for the Street Triple as the geometry is all wrong. The ABBA is fantastic - no effort required and completely stable. Have just ordered an attachment which lifts both wheels off the ground together.

Great service from the NZ distributor in Nelson too.

Big Dog
7th January 2016, 12:00
There is a unused 15a socket for a spa that I can remount.

There is no subsitute for cubes or in this case Kw's.
Did your Harley Deafidson take its toll?

Sent via tapatalk.

ellipsis
7th January 2016, 12:09
...I bought myself some socks about October...I did get a blowjob from a very big Seth Afriken chick one chrysalis...I dont think she knew if it was xmas or easter, but it's the thought that counts...

nzspokes
7th January 2016, 12:11
Got an ABBA superbike stand from my wife after some not so subtle hints. Came close to dropping the GSX-S trying to use the paddock stand which I bought for the Street Triple as the geometry is all wrong. The ABBA is fantastic - no effort required and completely stable. Have just ordered an attachment which lifts both wheels off the ground together.

They are a clever stand. How is the GSX treating you?

Blackbird
7th January 2016, 13:41
They are a clever stand. How is the GSX treating you?

Pretty good thanks - once I replace the OEM D214's :niceone: I've still got to set the suspension up properly which is part of the reason for the ABBA stand. The grunt is impressive but to be honest, the Street Triple took a heck of a lot of beating for the type of riding I do. If Triumph hadn't complicated the issue by strong hints of a Triple 800, I'd be the owner of a 675 RX by now instead of the Suzuki. Don't get me wrong, the Suzuki is a really nice bike - it's more a case of the Triple doing most things exceedingly well.

98tls
7th January 2016, 18:17

Thats pretty bloody cool indeed,havent seen one before,can i ask how much and the same for attachment your buying.

Blackbird
7th January 2016, 20:19
Thats pretty bloody cool indeed,havent seen one before,can i ask how much and the same for attachment your buying.

From memory, about $230 for the main stand and fittings, and another $125 for the front wheel lift attachment, plus postage. Fully interchangeable between bikes, all you need is the bike-specific fitting to go either over or inside the swing arm. Money well spent for peace of mind. Google ABBA stands NZ. There are also some good vids on YouTube.

98tls
7th January 2016, 20:33
Cheers...will do.

Blackbird
8th January 2016, 09:18
Cheers...will do.

98tls, the accessories for the ABBA stand arrived this morning - photos below. So easy to get both wheels off the ground and remain rock solid. The lifting strap can either go round bobbins if you have them or round the swingarm itself. Suspension extension measurements already taken ready to set the suspension up properly :niceone:

nzspokes
8th January 2016, 09:30
98tls, the accessories for the ABBA stand arrived this morning - photos below. So easy to get both wheels off the ground and remain rock solid. The lifting strap can either go round bobbins if you have them or round the swingarm itself. Suspension extension measurements already taken ready to set the suspension up properly :niceone:

Thats cool, cheap to.

Blackbird
8th January 2016, 09:40
Thats cool, cheap to.

Cheers - takes all the effort and worry out of it for old farts like me :laugh:

98tls
8th January 2016, 10:48
Very cool...cheers for that.Will get myself one.