PDA

View Full Version : Shrunk

slofox
1st January 2016, 15:02
My gear is a little too big for me these days - seems I might have shrunk...(I told them all that washing would do that but did they fucking listen..?)

Just supposing I inherited (nah hang on, you don't inherit at my age...damn.) Well maybe I find a couple thou on the side of the road and wanted to replace my jacket and trousers with a two piece, zip together leather set, just like I have but that fits better.

So what's you favourite two piece and where do I get one?

Happy New Year to you too.

RDJ
1st January 2016, 15:06
IMO

At my age.

Rev-It and Draggin' Jeans supply excellent replacements when the Shrinking Demons have attacked.

Bastards (the Shrinking Demons that is) they are surreptitious, fly under the radar, but their actions have undeniable consequences.

Big Dog
1st January 2016, 18:44
My gear is a little too big for me these days - seems I might have shrunk...(I told them all that washing would do that but did they fucking listen..?)

Just supposing I inherited (nah hang on, you don't inherit at my age...damn.) Well maybe I find a couple thou on the side of the road and wanted to replace my jacket and trousers with a two piece, zip together leather set, just like I have but that fits better.

So what's you favourite two piece and where do I get one?

Happy New Year to you too.
If your gear is in good nick it might be a good idea to look at getting it reconditioned and tailored.

In my past experience a new liner, tailoring and a good quality leather clean and recondition costs about half what a middle of the road suit does.
Always done the cleaning conditioning myself but there are people who do it.

Sent via tapatalk.

AllanB
1st January 2016, 19:56
Got myself a nice Alpinestars jacket 3-4 months back. You can get matching pants to zip into it. Very happy with the jacket. Not cheap.

buggerit
1st January 2016, 21:16
pies and cream buns may be a cheaper option:shifty:

Rcktfsh
2nd January 2016, 06:47
For good quality at a fair price RST is hard to beat, pretty sure Boyds carry an extensive range.

Daffyd
2nd January 2016, 22:18
You're lucky... most of us have gone the other way!

Waihou Thumper
3rd January 2016, 12:33
Cannot believe it! :)
Get out and ride, a perfect excuse to hit more cafes, buy more pies and eat at some great places...
take more doggie bags, eat and eat, oh...drink too (in moderation!)

Geez...I got a heap of gear that has indeed shrunk! Very poor quality....I must say! :no:

Oh, hang on, It ain't the gear it's you! ....ummm

DamianW
3rd January 2016, 16:03
For good quality at a fair price RST is hard to beat, pretty sure Boyds carry an extensive range.

Yes, think their gear is good too. Can be had for cheap as chips on TM or even eBay UK. Think I paid NZ300 shipped from a local seller for a two-piece that hadn't been broken in.

OddDuck
5th January 2016, 18:31
I bought some Triumph branded leathers - general purpose / touring jacket, sports pants. Pricey ($600-ish jacket, $500-ish pants) but working well so far. One of the selling points was that any Triumph jacket would zip onto any Triumph pants so you could mix things up if you liked.