PDA

View Full Version : kx 65

kevans
3rd January 2016, 08:47
Hey there just wondering brought my son a kx ran it out of oil amature mistake but wld tht b a full rebuild or just the top end weighing up wheather to pay for full rebuild or wld it be cheaper to buy another bike cheers concerned father

Katman
3rd January 2016, 09:00
If you mean that you ran it without oil mixed with the petrol then yes, it will require a full rebuild.

nzspokes
3rd January 2016, 09:36
Sadly yes it will need a full rebuild. If you decided to sell it unfixed, let me know.

kevans
3rd January 2016, 11:50
Sadly yes it will need a full rebuild. If you decided to sell it unfixed, let me know.

Yeap ran it with no oil in the engine any idea on cost for a rebuild as there are no shops open at the moment

kevans
3rd January 2016, 11:51
If you mean that you ran it without oil mixed with the petrol then yes, it will require a full rebuild.

Without oil in the motor any idea on rebuild cost as shops aren't open till god nos when lol

Katman
3rd January 2016, 16:35
Without oil in the motor any idea on rebuild cost as shops aren't open till god nos when lol

Do you mean without transmission oil or without oil mixed in with the petrol?

The transmission has oil in it but the piston and crankshaft are lubricated by the oil that gets mixed with the petrol in the fuel tank.