PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Experience Motorcycles

Flying Haggis
30th January 2016, 12:01
Went to pick my bike up from Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland today after it's 1st service, they charged me $229 for it, much to my amazement, I bought the bike brand new from them, 4weeks ago. I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackbird
30th January 2016, 12:09
Perfectly normal - same for the last 2 new bikes I've owned. I presume you've had an oil and filter change too? The new car we just bought (Honda) has its first service at 15k or 1 year, whichever comes first.

bmws1r
30th January 2016, 12:14
If you didn't have the first service at no cost written into the purchase agreement, why would you assume it would be free?
I can tell you that experience motorcycles charge less than the other major dealers, I was charged $310 for first service which is a oil & filter change,quick check over from the other dealer, that was a surprise, so surprise surprise I wont be going back to cyclespot (opps!).

awa355
30th January 2016, 12:46
A rough guess would be charge out rates to be $100+ per hour? although perhaps some dealers have a fixed price for a new vehicle basic service?.

I would have asked the question before getting a service done.

nzspokes
30th January 2016, 12:53
Went to pick my bike up from Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland today after it's 1st service, they charged me $229 for it, much to my amazement, I bought the bike brand new from them, 4weeks ago. I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?

Guess you are happy to work for free then?

It took you 4 weeks to get to 1000ks? I know people that have picked one up on a Sat morning and booked the service for Monday.

eldog
30th January 2016, 13:05
A rough guess would be charge out rates to be $100+ per hour? although perhaps some dealers have a fixed price for a new vehicle basic service?.

I would have asked the question before getting a service done.

Servicing a bike - how much and how often, are now questions I would ask when buying another bike

Esp for Noobs, motorbikes are not cars and the service interval/cost is different.
Air cooled and 2T bikes esp.

nerrrd
30th January 2016, 13:24
If it's an H2 then yeah, least they could do is throw in the first service; or, looking at it another way, if you can afford 40 odd grand for a bike what's another $2 hundred?

When I had my BMW I had great service from Experience, but it was a little pricey due to parts/expertise required.

jellywrestler
30th January 2016, 13:40

So it's their fault you made an assumption?
fuck off and grizzle to your lawyer see what they say

Flying Haggis
30th January 2016, 16:27
Great site here for some support, good to see some proper bikers comment and as always some complete knobs but hey the rough with the smooth an all that.

I have owned around 15-20bikes about 6 of them brand new and all the new bikes have always had a free first service even some of the 2nd hand ones bought from reputable dealers have had a service thrown in. Granted my last new bike was 6yrs ago so I thought things had changed.

Why do bikes still need that 1000k service now, surely they are advanced enough to not require it just like cars?

tri boy
30th January 2016, 16:38
Why do bikes still need that 1000k service now, surely they are advanced enough to not require it just like cars?

There is still the chance of machining swarf and bits of alloy in cases etc.
The first early oil change is quite critical from an engineering stand point.
The oil absorbs fine particles and holds them, or the filter/s will also trap some.

The shops now a days don't factor oil/filter costs into the sale price, and workshop labour costs are generally required to stand alone from sales costs.
It's the way the service industry works now adays.

FJRider
30th January 2016, 16:48
... Why do bikes still need that 1000k service now, surely they are advanced enough to not require it just like cars?

What warranty period did you get with the bike ... and conditions ... ??? :blank:

98tls
30th January 2016, 17:05

Assumption is blah blah blah i guess mate,long time since ive bought a new bike myself though will add i would have assumed the same fwiw...least they could do i reckon.If indeed as someone suggested the labour cost is $100 an hour then fuck em there certainly not paying the guy doing the service a hundy an hour or nowhere near it,surely after selling a new bike they could suck up the 1st service the real cost being all up around a $100 inclusive of oil etc.

Tazz
30th January 2016, 18:14
Assumption is blah blah blah i guess mate,long time since ive bought a new bike myself though will add i would have assumed the same fwiw...least they could do i reckon.If indeed as someone suggested the labour cost is $100 an hour then fuck em there certainly not paying the guy doing the service a hundy an hour or nowhere near it,surely after selling a new bike they could suck up the 1st service the real cost being all up around a $100 inclusive of oil etc.

I suppose the rent, tools and time training staff etc etc is all free and only a wage is paid from that charge out :whistle:

:bleh:

Ideally if you're paying that much you're saving because you're getting someone who knows what they are doing and as such will be faster and won't fuck it, or anything else in the process, up. Ideally ;)

caspernz
30th January 2016, 20:21
If you didn't have the first service at no cost written into the purchase agreement, why would you assume it would be free?

Totally agree.

It took you 4 weeks to get to 1000ks? I know people that have picked one up on a Sat morning and booked the service for Monday.

Yup, last one picked up on Friday, first service following Monday.

So it's their fault you made an assumption?
fuck off and grizzle to your lawyer see what they say

Very eloquently put.

nzspokes
30th January 2016, 20:46
Some of us have assumed as car owners do that warranty service is built into the purchase price after all on a new bike many thousands of dollars can be paid.

You are stuck in the past.

nzspokes
30th January 2016, 20:48
It is certainly not ethically right in my opinion for the charge not to be disclosed at the time of sale.

Wow you are thick.

If you need to be told it will cost for somebody to work on the bike then maybe walking is better for you.

AllanB
30th January 2016, 21:01
Last three bikes were new.

Suzuki - charge

Honda - pay for consumables only (first service)

Ducati - charge

I think you may be very naive, you dropped what $35-40k on that new Kawasaki and you did not have a conversation about servicing and associated charges? Certainly part of a pre-purchase conversation when I am looking (particularly most recently when I was only looking at Italian bikes).

The car market is significantly larger than the motorcycle market - the new car market may also be propped up by the home company - as in brand X wanting to be market leader in NZ so offers free servicing for X years. They can then use their premo position in NZ as a pressure tactic to other countries to improve. That shit was told to me some years back by the NZ GM of brand X .....

Motorcycle market - the poor sods are happy for the sale, servicing following this will not be free - it helps keep the doors open to allow the bikes to be sold.

Woodman
30th January 2016, 22:11
You are thick one as it should be built into the purchase price like it is for cars

Why should it? According to who?If the bike shop wants to charge for it then they can, its not written in law.

FFS talk about entitlement issues.

Big Dog
30th January 2016, 23:02
Car dealerships do that to lock toy in to going back to them. Not out of generosity. They leave plenty of fat in the charge. They don't give you any back if the cost is lower. So who really gets a good deal?

Sent via tapatalk.

BMWST?
30th January 2016, 23:31
Maybe all car dealers should start charging for warranty service as they are stuck in the past too eh sport!
what is a "warranty service"

Moi
31st January 2016, 08:16
Damn and Blast... no one has asked the obvious question, been waiting for it to be asked...

When you collected your bike, did you ask why you were being charged? Especially as you said you were surprised to be charged.

If you did ask, what did Experience say? And, if you did ask, why didn't you say so in your original post?

Rcktfsh
31st January 2016, 09:00
Maybe all car dealers should start charging for warranty service as they are stuck in the past too eh sport!

You are thick one as it should be built into the purchase price like it is for cars

Make your mind up, your first post suggests they should start charging, your second that they have already by building it in.

It is certainly not ethically right in my opinion for the charge not to be disclosed at the time of sale.

Best they also point out the petrol at time of sale will not last a lifetime, tyres will wear out etc.....

Tazz
31st January 2016, 09:47
Damn and Blast... no one has asked the obvious question, been waiting for it to be asked...

When you collected your bike, did you ask why you were being charged? Especially as you said you were surprised to be charged.

If you did ask, what did Experience say? And, if you did ask, why didn't you say so in your original post?

Also, was it ticket price paid or was there a bit of movement on the price of the bike?

Also fun when people want a discount and yet still expect all the trimmings as if they've paid in full.

Tazz
31st January 2016, 10:28
If they discount the ticket price but add the discount on at the time of service the discount becomes false does it not?

I think I understand what you are trying to say...

If it was never included, then obviously no.

If sold for full price it might be something that is thrown in because it can make a customer feel like they've had a bit of a win despite not getting a discount (more important for some cultures than others) or it could just be used as something to close the deal on a sale instead of a cash discount (or nothing at all), which would be better because once the free ones are used up the customer will (ideally) keep coming back and paying for them ;)

Woodman
31st January 2016, 10:40
When some of us buy things we dont all like to find out there is hidden charges attached and with a car the profit margin would vary depending on if a special was being offered. I have never seen a new car advertied where in order to get a discount you must pay for any warranty service. I would much rather pay more for the bike than get charged for a warranty service and how would you know if you were being ripped off or not by the charge as its not something you can shop around with or DIY or your warranty becomes void.

Bollocks, Dealerships cannot legally void a warranty if you get it serviced elsewhere. They can (and do) make life difficult if you have a warranty claim, and if the warranty claim is because of bad servicing or a failed part they did not supply then that is a different matter.

bmws1r
31st January 2016, 10:43
When some of us buy things we dont all like to find out there is hidden charges attached and with a car the profit margin would vary depending on if a special was being offered. I have never seen a new car advertied where in order to get a discount you must pay for any warranty service. I would much rather pay more for the bike than get charged for a warranty service and how would you know if you were being ripped off or not by the charge as its not something you can shop around with or DIY or your warranty becomes void.

Sounds like you have been stung more than once:lol:

Berries
31st January 2016, 11:28
I would much rather pay more for the bike than get charged for a warranty service
I am pretty sure that if you asked nicely you could pay more for your new bike so that the first service is 'free' if that makes you feel happier?

nodrog
31st January 2016, 11:32

What a pack of cunts, it should be free, along with free wof and rego for 5 years, and 2 years unlimited petrol, and cost price tyres for the first 100000 kms.

Big Dog
31st January 2016, 11:50
As you seem short of an iq point or two I will spell it out.
If they think the average x number of services will cost $500 they build in $1000.
If you haggle there is $500 they can be generous on.
But you are still paying.
And top dollar.

Sent via tapatalk.

MarkH
31st January 2016, 12:28
I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?

In my experience EVERY new vehicle sold with the stated bonus of free services get them. EVERY new vehicle where they don't say you get free services you don't.
BTW: NO vehicle where they state free services actually get the services for free, the cost of those services are incorporated into the purchase prices.

If you want to know "why no free services on some new bikes" then that is fairly simple and obvious once you realise it. In a competitive market a vendor can get more sales by trimming down the margins, lowering the price and to aid this they may have to leave out some extras like for example free services.
The first 3 years free services = significantly higher asking price for the vehicle. Drop that offer and you can sell the bike for less money and make more sales.

The obvious question:
Can you get more sales by offering a better price or by offering free services & WoFs?
The answer to that question (or the best guess as to what the answer would be) determines what the seller does.

Terrible experience?
Sounds like the experience was fine and the $500 cheaper (or whatever it may have been) the bike was when purchased easily covered the first service with plenty left.
The only problem is what I quoted - assumed wrongly.

Big Dog
31st January 2016, 13:02
Some dealers have two yards with different names. One offers no extras at a low price the other offers all the fruit but you pay for it.
Generally speaking people save money paying their own servicing but a proportion. Another proportion will always want to be able to stick all their costs in one payment, finance is a motivator for this.

Sent via tapatalk.

AllanB
31st January 2016, 22:11
Often on warranty agreements it will state quite clearly that warranty service must be done by an authorised dealer. So are you saying that such a statement is illegal to make?

That very subject - 'must be done by brand XX dealer' was tested in court in the USA some years back - the dealer lost with the result being something like provided the vehicle was serviced by a qualified person in accordance with the makers schedules the warranty was valid.

Best to use genuine parts during your warranty period too so they cannot be attributed to any possible 'issue' if one arises.

AllanB
31st January 2016, 23:37
Bike management now involves it being plugged into a diagnostic system (same as cars) to determine any issues arising from dash warning lights for examples or to upgrade the latest software (supplied by the factory of course).

How cross platform this stuff is between brands I do not know. A bit different from the old days of almost everything being the same for a full tune - carbs, valve check and consumables. The old one stop for all shop may be restricted by electronics.

We have dealer workers on KB - they will know.

Ulsterkiwi
1st February 2016, 12:50
I am curious if the OP has had a discussion with this dealer about their concerns. Have they talked to the manager/owner? This is a pretty cut throat industry and most business's will be trying to retain their customer base. Little point in coming on here and moaning about something if it hasnt been discussed with the other party and given them a chance to address it. If they dont know about a problem how can they fix it?

sidecar bob
1st February 2016, 17:49
And even worse the fact that electronic componentry may only have a spare parts life of 10 years or less modern bikes that are fine mechanically become throw away like a lot of other modern electronics computers etc. Chances are if you buy a bike with as little electronics as possible the longer it will last. I have read comments on here that some do not worry about this because they only want to ride the latest bikes anyway.

You have it completely arse about tit to be frank.
The in built service life of the electronics of modern vehicles is several times that of the mechanical components.

nzspokes
1st February 2016, 18:09
You have it completely arse about tit to be frank.
The in built service life of the electronics of modern vehicles is several times that of the mechanical components.

With you there. Didnt enjoy changing points back in the day.

Daffyd
1st February 2016, 22:59
My only 'experience' with Experience, was when I ordered parts for my Beemer, one call and they gave me the web address for the parts list. The parts took two days to arrive at the bottom end of the country.

Gremlin
2nd February 2016, 00:07
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. No idea why you assumed it, I'd assume the opposite then be pleasantly surprised. Or just fucken ask at time of purchase/negotiation, what I'm getting.

As already asked, have you spoken to the dealer, and given them the chance to respond? FWIW, my first service on a KTM was a touch under a grand as I didn't like the setup from factory and the shop pulled the suspension apart. Perhaps I should have started a thread...

Experience has looked after my BMW for all services bar one for the last 5 years, from 10k through to the last at 110k, including a final drive rebuild. While it hasn't been a perfect service history, and things have gone wrong, they've always fixed the problem, made things right etc.

jellywrestler
2nd February 2016, 04:08
I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been.

Granted my last new bike was 6yrs ago so I thought things had changed.

i've been searching this forum and can't for the life of me find your thread bitching about the rego rise the gubbermint put on bikes since you brought a new bike, can you direct me to it please?

Drew
2nd February 2016, 06:01
Only time will tell but when you look at the amount of electronic gear that is designed to be throw away today eg computers and modern bikes have computers do they not?

You're a fucken idiot.

Computers last for fucken decades. Fuck all goes wrong with something that has no moving parts, without outside interference.

They are 'throw away items', because the majority are so old at replacement time as to be obsolete.

oneofsix
2nd February 2016, 08:14
You're a fucken idiot.

Computers last for fucken decades. Fuck all goes wrong with something that has no moving parts, without outside interference.

They are 'throw away items', because the majority are so old at replacement time as to be obsolete.

yep but let us not mention dry solder joints, burning out components or moving parts like fans nor issues with power supplies. :corn:

Drew
2nd February 2016, 11:44
yep but let us not mention dry solder joints, burning out components or moving parts like fans nor issues with power supplies. :corn:

I wasn't gonna go into details on the few exceptions.

Moi
2nd February 2016, 14:11
Forget about computers and electronic stuff for the moment...

I'm still waiting for the OP to answer the questions asked by several along the lines of - Did you discuss it with them at the time?

MarkH
2nd February 2016, 15:01
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. No idea why you assumed it

As already asked, have you spoken to the dealer, and given them the chance to respond?

TBH I can't see what the dealer needs to respond to. As mentioned, the issue was the assumption.

The dealer sells a bike, they are not offering free services, they do a service and charge for it.
Where is the need to speak to the dealer, what did the dealer do wrong?
Not a single unexpected thing happened here.
What the hell is the issue?

sidecar bob
2nd February 2016, 16:21
Only time will tell but when you look at the amount of electronic gear that is designed to be throw away today eg computers and modern bikes have computers do they not?

Im not guessing. What I said is the official line from a major European manufacturer of cars & motorcycles,.

Ulsterkiwi
2nd February 2016, 18:35
TBH I can't see what the dealer needs to respond to. As mentioned, the issue was the assumption.

The dealer sells a bike, they are not offering free services, they do a service and charge for it.
Where is the need to speak to the dealer, what did the dealer do wrong?
Not a single unexpected thing happened here.
What the hell is the issue?

thats a fair point, not sure of the reasons from others but from my own perspective I was thinking that there is little point in complaining on this forum if the dealer in question has not been made aware of the OPs issue. Like you the dealer probably thinks its the OP not understanding how things work but have they had the opportunity to explain that to the OP?
Here is another instance, on another thread I had reason to say I was ticked off about an interaction with a certain dealer. I went back to the owner and made it clear why I was annoyed. Nothing changed, nothing was offered, nothing was actually expected on my part other than being heard and wanting to hear their perspective. The owner basically said, thanks for bringing this to my attention, we want to offer the best service we can, you weren't happy about the approach taken, not much we can do about the the situation giving rise to the gripe (pricing on certain items) but we can think about how we deal to these situations in future. I felt better informed, they got to hear about my gripe from me and we talked it through. My take is that was a better outcome than me saying, "blah dealership didnt give me what I wanted they are c***ts , nobody should ever go near them again, does anyone else feel the same?" A, its not fair and B they (the dealer) seem to prefer this way of handling things.

flashg
2nd February 2016, 19:08
He is obviously a guy who has never seen inside a computer to have his opinion. Computers on bikes are more exposed to the elements than in a car which will be a factor in how long they will last too.

Computers on bikes are sealed units, they are more exposed to the elements than car ones and are built with that in mind.
Example would be my injected WR450 Yamaha. It can be ridden in deep water no problem, as long as it's not going in the air box, it doesn't bother the electrics or computer.

bogan
2nd February 2016, 19:16

Point of clarification, they're designed to last as a lifetime without servicing; which makes them unserviceable components. Designed to be throwaway is a different concept.

Btw, time has already told, it made mention of the fact you should shut the fuck up...

AllanB
2nd February 2016, 19:44
Given the OP has not responded recently, I am presuming the initial service charge (which incidentally I thought was a good price ... is now forgiven and he is out there enjoying the fantastic bike he purchased. :-)

Computers - been on bikes for a long time and to be fair have proven to be pretty bloody reliable.

bogan
2nd February 2016, 19:58
If they were designed to last a lifetime without servicing they would have a life time gurantee would they not? And if they are unserviceable it does make them throw away does it not?

No, they would not (partial part, and ambiguity in duration). And no, it does not (throwaway denotes briefness of use before expiry).

bogan
2nd February 2016, 20:10
Only in your opinion. Maybe you will understand what I am on about if you get a bike with a computer or electronics that you can not get a part for once the technology becomes obsolite.
Or you could find the electronic part costing more than your depreciated bike is worth.

No, it's by definition.

Then you go to the wreckers, they have fucking heaps of that shit, possibly on account of it being designed to outlast the rest of the bike :whistle:

Big Dog
2nd February 2016, 20:11
If they were designed to last a lifetime without servicing they would have a life time gurantee would they not? If they are unserviceable it does make them throw away does it not?
More a FRU, or field replacable unit.
Because it is either not safe or not cost effective to repair.

Bit like a light bulb. Just a bulb that under normal conditions will survive at least the first owner (given average ownership of 2 years / 50,000kms).
Most units will last 10 plus years if no one interferes with them and if the power supplied is clean.

If you built the same processor to be user serviceable you would need a box about the size of a midi desktop pc somewhere on your bike.
Because you made it user serviceable there would be a lot of chips on a Mainboard a CPU etc.

Oh dear, because we have gone user serviceable we now need to be able to cool various parts. Now we need airflow across the chips. How are we going to make that waterproof.

How about we just have a nice small set of chips that are small enough to use a plastic block as a heat sink that conveniently keeps the water out and is about the size of two packs of cigarettes?

A little more expensive to do the latter over the single purchase but over 10 years much cheaper and.far more practical.

Many parts are like that these days.

Sent via tapatalk.

Big Dog
2nd February 2016, 20:15
Only in your opinion. Maybe you will understand what I am on about if you get a bike with a computer or electronics that you can not get a part for once the technology becomes obsolite.
Or you could find the electronic part costing more than your depreciated bike is worth.
Most volume bikes have aftermarket options.
Non volume bikes can have something wired up if you have the original to sacrifice...

Sent via tapatalk.

Big Dog
2nd February 2016, 20:19
If they were designed to last a lifetime without servicing they would have a life time gurantee would they not? If they are unserviceable it does make them throw away does it not?
The lifetime of a vehicle is considered by most manufacturers to be 10 years.
But you still only get a 1 or 2 year warrantee because there are so many variables that they have no control over.

Sent via tapatalk.

nzspokes
3rd February 2016, 05:43

Well with having 3 bikes here, two of which are well over 100,000 ks and over 10 years old they all have original electronics.

Again you are wrong.

Bonnie11
26th April 2016, 21:48

Ha! So you would rather pay an extra $1000-$2000 for a bike than pay $100 - $200 first service. STUPID. Being ripped of?? Just ask for an estimate before you book in.....duh

Bonnie11
26th April 2016, 21:59

yeah yeah cause I guess they dont have to pay any rent, any training, any special tools, power, rates. Just straight into their pocket.....jeez you idiot. If you dont like...dont fucking buy a $35,000 bike

Bonnie11
26th April 2016, 22:00

Pretty sure you got a massive discount on that bike, far more than the cost of that service....

DMNTD
27th April 2016, 06:52
We have dealer workers on KB - they will know.

Correct but it's far more fun reading this thread instead :eek:

98tls
27th April 2016, 12:11
yeah yeah cause I guess they dont have to pay any rent, any training, any special tools, power, rates. Just straight into their pocket.....jeez you idiot. If you dont like...dont fucking buy a $35,000 bike

:laugh: I know what they have to pay i worked in a dealership for 7 years,will say it again for the benefit of the blind its been a long time since ive bought a new bike.Fella if your prepared to pay $35,000 for a new bike and not expect your first service to be covered then your Xactly the fucking numpty bike shops all over NZ want to deal with,Go hard.

Drew
27th April 2016, 12:33
:laugh: I know what they have to pay i worked in a dealership for 7 years,will say it again for the benefit of the blind its been a long time since ive bought a new bike.Fella if your prepared to pay $35,000 for a new bike and not expect your first service to be covered then your Xactly the fucking numpty bike shops all over NZ want to deal with,Go hard.
Fuck that. If someone expects a free service and doesn't tell this to the dealer before signing on the dotted line, stiff shit to them.

Jin
27th April 2016, 13:21
Pretty sure you got a massive discount on that bike, far more than the cost of that service....
So you sold him the bike did you? Wow I'll make sure never to deal worth you guys if you willing to speak to a costumer like that. The guy want even complaining just comparing it to his earlier purchases and assumed it would be included.

Drew
27th April 2016, 16:09
So you sold him the bike did you? Wow I'll make sure never to deal worth you guys if you willing to speak to a costumer like that. The guy want even complaining just comparing it to his earlier purchases and assumed it would be included.

What a fuckwit you are. Look at the title of this thread.

Owl
30th April 2016, 07:50
I take nothing for granted and negotiated the free first service as part of the deal with my 1290 last year.

Just had the 30K service done and been pleasantly surprised at the servicing costs so far.:)

ellipsis
30th April 2016, 08:34
Nothing except nothing is free in this life, ask any man that's been married for years. For instance, I thought that the servicing from my first wife was 'free'...well that was rather naive of me, she threw the rider and he had to pay for her previous services rendered for another sixteen years, even though other blokes were riding her... and that was after being told by many blokes who new better, and who had run up against these 'servicing charges' before...second time around I approached things differently but life doesn't change, it just finds other ways of doing the same thing differently...if you love your ride just pay the tax and enjoy all the other benefits you will receive...it's a far safer journey, that way...

MarkH
30th April 2016, 10:20
I take nothing for granted and negotiated the free first service as part of the deal with my 1290 last year.

WTF is up with this sensible behaviour? This is Kiwi Biker!
If you are going to be using your brain and doing sensible things then you are in the wrong thread, this is the thread for criticising a dealer for not doing what they didn't say they would do, because reasons!

Crasherfromwayback
30th April 2016, 11:51

First service has nothing at all to do with warranty you docile twat.

Erelyes
30th April 2016, 12:54

All these problems can be fixed. It's amazing how repairable ECUs and the like are. Trouble is, you get an auto sparky with '30 years experience' looking at it, but they stopped learning 20 years ago. Oh, box full of confusing shit is broken, innit, we'll have to replace that, and the dealer wants 4 figures for a new one. Into the bin goes an ECU which could be fixed in an hour for nix.

In the grown ups world, people that fuck up usually wear it, rather than expecting Mummy/Daddy (sorry, the dealer) to fix it. Sometimes dealers will sort em out anyway, as a bonus. But this is totally at their discretion and if they don't, you're a dickwad for holding it against 'em. Treat it like an unexpected top-up on your coffee at the cafe.

BMWST?
30th April 2016, 14:22
All these problems can be fixed. It's amazing how repairable ECUs and the like are. Trouble is, you get an auto sparky with '30 years experience' looking at it, but they stopped learning 20 years ago. Oh, box full of confusing shit is broken, innit, we'll have to replace that, and the dealer wants 4 figures for a new one. Into the bin goes an ECU which could be fixed in an hour for nix.

In the grown ups world, people that fuck up usually wear it, rather than expecting Mummy/Daddy (sorry, the dealer) to fix it. Sometimes dealers will sort em out anyway, as a bonus. But this is totally at their discretion and if they don't, you're a dickwad for holding it against 'em. Treat it like an unexpected top-up on your coffee at the cafe.

this was more of a denial of free top up.bottom less cup NOT

Jin
4th May 2016, 18:23
What a fuckwit you are. Look at the title of this thread.
Go fuck yourself.

caseye
4th May 2016, 19:41
Go fuck yourself.

Jin, please do some reading within the confines of KB and , do get a feel for where Drew comes from, he could seriously help you and your ilk if you'd just ask a question without getting mouthy!

Jin
4th May 2016, 20:29
Jin, please do some reading within the confines of KB and , do get a feel for where Drew comes from, he could seriously help you and your ilk if you'd just ask a question without getting mouthy!
My ilk? Whats that supposed to mean?

sidecar bob
4th May 2016, 20:37
My ilk? Whats that supposed to mean?

Hope this helps.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ilk

PeeCee
5th March 2018, 09:15

I have just booked my new Guzzi in for it's first service and I asked them how long it takes and was told 3 hours as they change oil and fluids, check valve clearances etc. I was surprised that it would take so long but there it is.