PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Island Moto GP

boman
3rd February 2016, 20:49
A group of us Bikers are heading across the ditch for the Moto GP this year. I have a couple of questions for those who have been.
What would be the best stand to sit in?
Do the have a good range of merchandise?
My Partner would like a Casey Stoner Replica Helmet. Aussie eBay has them, but would like to try the fit of them before buying. I am hoping they may sell replica helmets there.

Thanks

Tink
4th February 2016, 17:46
Ye I would like to know, so bumb bumb bumb

jellywrestler
4th February 2016, 18:08
My Partner would like a Casey Stoner Replica Helmet. Aussie eBay has them, but would like to try the fit of them before buying. I am hoping they may sell replica helmets there.

Thanks

Nodrog on here will have Casey Stoners phone number if that helps, he's a cool cunt who knows everyone including Justin Bieber.

trustme
4th February 2016, 18:34
There is a heap of merchandise for sale but from what I saw it is purely for current riders. If CS does a wild card at PI there may be some .
I was in the Bass stand which was pretty good,the stands at Siberia or Lukey heights would also be good. Almost anywhere you go is good, it is an awesome track.
I did not get a pit pass & could not get one for Sunday. If I was to go again I'd get a pit pass for Sat & just wander the track & a stand seat for Sunday.
I'm pretty sure I will go again this year, amazing weekend

Grubber
5th February 2016, 10:28
There is a heap of merchandise for sale but from what I saw it is purely for current riders. If CS does a wild card at PI there may be some .
I was in the Bass stand which was pretty good,the stands at Siberia or Lukey heights would also be good. Almost anywhere you go is good, it is an awesome track.
I did not get a pit pass & could not get one for Sunday. If I was to go again I'd get a pit pass for Sat & just wander the track & a stand seat for Sunday.
I'm pretty sure I will go again this year, amazing weekend

This is pretty accurate.
Any stand has great views. I was in Siberia and could see nearly all track.
Lots of gear to buy but yes only the current riders usually. Didn't see helmets but not saying there is none.
I would definitely recommend pit passes for either Friday or Saturday or both. Very interesting to see them all at work.
you can buy tons of gear in Cowes too so make sure you do a lunch day there if you can.

Doppleganger
5th February 2016, 10:39
Nodrog on here will have Casey Stoners phone number if that helps, he's a cunt who knows everyone including Justin Bieber.

Fixed that for ya

pritch
5th February 2016, 12:23

My Partner would like a Casey Stoner Replica Helmet. I am hoping they may sell replica helmets there.

There is a huge range of T shirts and hats. I don't remember seeing any helmets. It would be easier if you wanted Rossi gear but...

Stoner wore Nolan helmets last time I looked. You could ask the NZ importer if he brought any Stoner helmets in and who near you stocks Nolan. Although it's only your missus and Pete who would want a Stoner helmet. :devil2:

You can enquire here: http://www.eurobike.co.nz/contact.aspx

Tink
5th February 2016, 18:01
Nodrog on here will have Casey Stoners phone number if that helps, he's a cool cunt who knows everyone including Justin Bieber.

:bash: about as cool as Justine beeper than huh!

Tink
5th February 2016, 18:05
This is pretty accurate.
Any stand has great views. I was in Siberia and could see nearly all track.
Lots of gear to buy but yes only the current riders usually. Didn't see helmets but not saying there is none.
I would definitely recommend pit passes for either Friday or Saturday or both. Very interesting to see them all at work.
you can buy tons of gear in Cowes too so make sure you do a lunch day there if you can.

Hoping to get Pit passes through Moto3... friends have done it for years throughout Europe and America... !

cc rider
15th February 2016, 01:20
That's great Bogan.
I live about an hr from PI. So let me know if you need anything. Would be cool to catch up with other KBers.
Like already said, pretty much anywhere is good for viewing. You can stroll around the whole track.

I might be able to help out with a CS helmet. I sell them & we usually have free postage including to NZ for any gear bought from us during GP time. So we can post home your new purchases or your 'old' gear when you buy new stuff.

Let me know which Stoner lid & size you're after. I'll let you know availability etc.

cheers
CC

Tink
15th February 2016, 13:15
That's great Bogan.
I live about an hr from PI. So let me know if you need anything. Would be cool to catch up with other KBers.
Like already said, pretty much anywhere is good for viewing. You can stroll around the whole track.

I might be able to help out with a CS helmet. I sell them & we usually have free postage including to NZ for any gear bought from us during GP time. So we can post home your new purchases or your 'old' gear when you buy new stuff.

Let me know which Stoner lid & size you're after. I'll let you know availability etc.

cheers
CC

Do you have a link please! TIA

cc rider
15th February 2016, 22:30
Do you have a link please! TIALink?... To?

TheDemonLord
16th February 2016, 07:22
Link?... To?

I'd guess the Website for your shop where you sell Helmets?

Moise
16th February 2016, 10:37
A group of us Bikers are heading across the ditch for the Moto GP this year. I have a couple of questions for those who have been.
What would be the best stand to sit in?

Thanks
Don't bother with a stand ticket, just grab some cheap foldup chairs and check out the track on the practice days. The other problem with a stand seat is you won't want to be sitting very high if there's a southerly off Bass Strait!

There are lots of good places to watch from and you can get really close to the track - I stood at the fence on the inside of Turn 1 during the races.

If you want any merch, buy it early - they can sell out of popular sizes pretty fast.

Hoping to go this year after Bathurst if I can afford it.

boman
22nd March 2016, 20:13
That's great Bogan.

cheers
CC

Have you a link to an online catalogue or shop? She would like a picture of what is available.