PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Yamaha Twin Yet!

zadok
28th September 2005, 00:48
Wow. When will it ever end. Yamaha are releasing their biggest twin yet. The XV1900 Midnight Star. 1854cc; belt drive; Max torque at 2500rpm.
Better view of pic if you click on the pic on this link: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.a rticle&resourceId=3294821&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

scumdog
28th September 2005, 00:55
That's one big mutha of a chromed drain-pipe glued to the side of it!

Waylander
28th September 2005, 00:59
Looks like they mated the Warrior with the Stratoliner. Not sure the result is all that great....

A comparison. (http://www.yamaha-motor.com/star/products/modelspeccompare/485/1115/0/compare.aspx)

zadok
28th September 2005, 10:14
The pipes do look a bit rank, but when you have a big donk like that, you have to get rid of the exhaust some how.
I presume they would be standard forks with a cover on them. Makes them look inverted.

Sniper
28th September 2005, 10:25
Bloody hell, now, who is going to say, "I didn't see you". That thing looks like a freight train.

bugjuice
28th September 2005, 10:34
the front tyre on that is bigger than most rear tyres on 250s...
that's a beast..
I saw an MT01 in the flesh last month. Now that's a beast. No pics do it justice, you have to go see and hear it for yourself.. Yama have some nuts working for them..

Hitcher
28th September 2005, 10:49
Spokes. What the fuck's all that about?

Big Dave
28th September 2005, 11:41
The more metric cruisers I see,
the more I admire Willy G.

bugjuice
28th September 2005, 11:53
The more metric cruisers I see,
the more I admire Willy G.
don't want to know what you call 'little big dave' thank you...
bikes are nice, but there's a limit to how much you get off on them

Big Dave
28th September 2005, 12:16
don't want to know what you call 'little big dave' thank you...
bikes are nice, but there's a limit to how much you get off on them

If my dick could design bikes as well as Willy G. Davidson I'd be well endowed indedeedy. Whereas Yamaharleys give me a soft-on.

outlawtorn
28th September 2005, 13:54
personally I like the look of it, it's kinda against the grain in some ways. It's also nice to see bits that are normally chrome become black (Forks, headlight). Its seems that Yamaha got right what Suzuki couldn't with the Boulevard M Series, and I love the indicators, they look shit hot as does the brake light. It all flows together really nicely.

Nice bike, but the engine size is laughable, would you ever need that kind of power? I wouldn't think so.

HenryDorsetCase
28th September 2005, 14:24
personally I like the look of it, it's kinda against the grain in some ways. It's also nice to see bits that are normally chrome become black (Forks, headlight). Its seems that Yamaha got right what Suzuki couldn't with the Boulevard M Series, and I love the indicators, they look shit hot as does the brake light. It all flows together really nicely.

Nice bike, but the engine size is laughable, would you ever need that kind of power? I wouldn't think so.

Yep, a 1000cc 4 cyl sportsbike that makes 160 rear wheel HP say like an R1... would you ever need that kind of power? I wouldnt think so.

Power is like penis size: the more you have, the happier you are, and the more smug you feel.